Page 215 of 590 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 215

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yah, we gluten-free ladies rock! I'm a huge believer in fermented stuff. I don't mention it much in my journal, but virtually all of the dairy I consume is fermented, although at some point I pretty much cut my dairy intake to maybe 1/4 of what it used to be. I'd like to make my own kombucha, but really I have enough projects right now, and I also have NO room in my kitchen.

Funny, when I really was thin - like 110 lbs - no one ever accused me of anorexia and I even got comments about being chubby or having baby fat. And we wonder why women in our society have poor body images.

Work has been flat-out for two nights and I am just about done! Couldn't sleep well today. The wind was howling so much that even with earplugs and a white noise machine I could still hear it. I hope that dies down soon. The miracle is that we have had power during this whole storm series.

Grabbed the wrong container out of the fridge tonight so no chicken for me. Cabbage instead! But it worked out okay. Luckily I stopped and got eggs on the way to work. So had an egg with some cabbage and beet soup.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    ^ ditto on the back handed compliment! I'm reaching for the day someone says "are you okay? You're awefully thin!" I will say "Why thank you very much - and yes, I'm quite healthy!"

so take it for what its worth
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

This morning at work brought yet another anorexia comment. Has anorexia been in the news lately or something? I stepped on the scale this morning when I got home - 132 lbs. Completely normal. I just have to accept that people are looking at me, not something I am used to.

Refrigerator is quite bare! I did manage to rustle up a decent meal. Scrambled an egg, added cooked cabbage and chicken-sausage thing (down to the last container). Very good. Had two cups of tea with milk, one with a teaspoon of honey. I'm not sure this is good or not, but I got a 2-lb. jar of local honey at a very good price. Need to go to the grocery store. Choir tonight.

Realized I have become a no-grain snob. When I read or hear about other people and their 'healthy grains' and 'low fat' whatever, I pity them and look down on them. I admit this. Must work on being more tolerant and patient. Contempt for my fellow man is not a positive emotion.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 02-19-2013 at 12:30 PM.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    My take on the "anorexia" comments is that we've lost sight of what normal and healthy weights really look like. I've been in Australia for five years now, and there's less obesity here than in the States. Now, mind you, I am far from lithe and lean myself, but I'm always sort of astounded when I go home and see all the overweight people. I don't look down on them because we're all struggling as best we can - and I've been trying to lose weight since coming home fat and sassy from visiting family in KS last August and nothing is budging, whined to my doc and it turns out I have some sort of autoimmune thing that's yet to be diagnosed - so as a Fat Girl who might just never lose weight due to this condition, I just don't judge. And I wouldn't judge anyone who's obviously lost weight either. I mean really....if you spend time around someone and eat with them, you can SEE what's going in their mouth. Health should be celebrated!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Ha. Anorexic . I think most people have convinced themselves that since plump is the norm these days, it must be where everyone is supposed to be. And since many of them have tried to lose weight and failed, that it's impossible, thus must be the same for everyone else as well. Ergo, you're like them, you get thin, BAM. Not normal. Hence, you either have cancer or some other wasting disease or are starving yourself. Awesome move on bringing out the bacon .

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to emergency bacon with me at all times. And that is very perceptive - fat is normal where I work, and although I have only been there for three years, no one else has lost weight and kept it off for any period of time. Not that I have been like this so very long, but the only people who have dropped any weight gained it back almost immediately.

Choir tonight went really well! I am thinking I might actually be able to sing this piece and not have to just stand there and move my lips. Now for a glass of wine -

ragwort is offline Senior Member
    I feel the same at school as now I am the only one who has lost weight very quietly and kept it off. Colleagues keep noticing me in different clothes and keep saying 'I hope you are going to stop soon .. you don't want to be too thin!' I had to laugh!!! I am sure it is impossible to be 'too' thin when eating such delicious food as bacon, butter, avocado and nuts .. I'm sure I'll just reach a natural plateau. In the meantime I leave them to their ryvetas and extra low fat cottage cheese lunches whilst I tuck into organic sausages and BAS.

I will be 57 next month and since getting re acquainted with the gym (using weights) am beginning to see real results without hours and hours of boring cardio. Got to be better!

I do look into other people's shopping trolleys (don't we all) and am noticing how few people eat real food. It's so sad

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Skip the emergency bacon hun. It's stupid that you feel like you have to gain weight to get approval. That's just... backwards... Not even backwards really it's just childish. Enjoy your weight. You've worked hard for it. You'll feel just as bad with more weight on as people are making you feel with the weight you've lost.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Don't worry, I'm not planning on gaining any weight - just carrying and eating bacon to prove I'm not afraid of food. And yeah, I'm always looking, mostly with great dismay, at other people's shopping. Fat-free this and that, boxes and baked goods. Bleh.

Last night I had quite a craving for something salty and crunchy and so I roasted asparagus in the coconut oil and salt until it was really crisp. Delicious! Going to pick up some brussels sprouts and do the same again. This morning I mixed the end of a carton of Greek yogurt with almond butter and yes, some honey. Another winner.

Want to go to the pool, but it is school vacation week and full of kids. Sigh. Went yesterday and couldn't even get in. Double sigh.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love the sound of asparagus roasted until crispy! Mmm, we had asparagus last night too - fried in butter until tender and then sprinkled with tamari sauce, also yummy I am drooling at the sound of brussels sprouts - wondering if I should try them again and see if I can tolerate them better now ..... they taste SOOOO good, but make for nasty tummy aches for some reason. Sorry you are not getting to swim - vacation will be over soon. Can you go early in the morning before the kids get there?
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.