Page 214 of 590 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 214

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, sometimes simpler is best. I bought some dirt-cheap-on-sale boneless chicken breasts today. (Conventional-hanging head in shame.) Plopped them on some foil, salt, pepper, olive oil. Baked at 400 for 40 minutes. Best chicken I ever ate. Moist, juicy, flavorful, perfectly cooked. Did NOTHING except what I have said. Did not wash them. Did not flatten them out. Did not bring them to room temp.

So now chicken-sausage-mushroom-cauliflower-cheese thing is in the oven. Will let you know.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I give the chicken sausage cauliflower thing a meh. It is nice to have something in the refrigerator for the next few days and it will be good to take to work. I always find these things kind of bland no matter how spicy I try to make them.

Today is Rigoletto with my posse. Should be fun!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Yup, sometimes recipes just won't get tastier no matter what you do.... at least it is there for convenient eating...

Sounds like you are doing so well, all those pants falling off you! I wish your will power and weightloss were infectious - I'd ask you to send me a t-shirt with the 'germs' on
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

I have NO willpower. It is only because I have total control of my food and because I get sick if I eat gluten. But I do wish everyone would have the success I have had because it is so amazing to feel so good. What would the world be like if everyone was healthy and happy and not eating bad food? I think it would be a better place.

Got accused of being anorexic today. That is the second person who has taken me aside and asked me if I'm anorexic. I responded by throwing a handful of cashews in my mouth and following that up with blueberries. Then I dug some bacon out of my bag and ate that. (I was at the opera broadcast.) Then I sat down in my seat so she could see I'm not bulemic either. This is all ridiculous though, because I'm hardly skinny at 5'4" and around 130 lbs. Of course I was styling in my new thrift store clothes. Did I mention they are having a bag sale? Everything you can cram in a plastic shopping bag for $3. Oh, and the opera was terrific, really, really wonderful. I cried at one point. Rigoletto was on his knees, singing like an angel, "please give me my daughter back, she is the world to me." I'm glad I had tissues on me.

I'm so glad I'm home and not at work and listening to my favorite jazz program and eating scallops and playing with cats.

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Rigoletto sounds fabulous, I'll have to check it out when it's playing here.

It bothers me a little that assumptions of anorexia are only directed towards women really. But anyway your response was good- I laughed so much that you dug bacon out of your bag xD

Doesn't everyone have a stash of bacon in their purse?

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    When I travel - YES! You should open a primal B&B!
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 02-16-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Having a blizzard again today, but this one doesn't have much snow. Howling winds! I wasn't supposed to have to work but I switched on Friday because of a request. Of course. Well, I shouldn't have any trouble getting in to work, and it actually worked to my benefit.

This morning I scrambled a couple of eggs with that chicken-sausage stuff and a lot of paprika. Pretty good! There is a lot left, it will go to work with me.

I sang pretty well in church this morning, although I was in the wrong key for the anthem. Oh well. Live music, no do-overs! Everyone was kind and said I was okay.

Started the day with a cup of turmeric tea. That is getting to be a habit. Had one last night before going to bed too. At night I make a caffeine-free version, in the morning I use black tea. I have been using coconut milk. I can't actually taste any difference from almond milk, but it is a good way to work in some coconut.

I cooked up a load of cabbage with butter, salt, and pepper and ate some of it with the chix-sausage stuff. Very good! The chix thing is getting better with age, and the egg is really good with it. Tummy is very happy now. Also a kombucha. I don't mention it, but I drink kombucha nearly every day, and always at work. I've been drinking a local brew, Urban Farm Fermentory in Portland, Maine. Only 6g carbs per 500 ml bottle. Great stuff! I can't drink GT Dave's any more, it is way too sweet.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I adore kombucha ... I used to make my own - so much cheaper. But since we have been moving and I have been so stressed it just hasn't happened. Hoping once we get to our own place I can get more stable and start fermenting more goodies again.... I used to make kombucha, kefir, and various fermented veggies. Nowadays I can barely make it through my days in one piece. And for the record - I haven't touched gluten in over a year now!! And I don't miss it at all - chocolate is my downfall ... but I think there may be more going on than that ...

Take the anorexia thing and ignore it! (or conversely take it as a backhanded compliment!) People want to believe that there is something wrong - not that you have taken responsibility for your own health. It would mean that they need to look at what they eat and make hard choices! Like the ones I seem to not be making
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.