Page 213 of 590 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 213

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you and you are so right. I can only be responsible for myself and my own actions and I know did the best I could. I stated my case as clearly as I could, the doc rejected my care plan, and the patient ended up on a vent on a medflight. Would it have happened anyway? Possibly. Would the patient have been at a better facility when ultimately everything went bad? Yes. But it wasn't my decision to make. And I ran the code well and I'm happy with that. Okay, time to let it go and move on.

Does anyone else nearly cry with happiness upon finding some good primal leftovers in the fridge upon waking up really hungry? Mashed cauliflower, cooked chicken, bone broth. Put chicken in broth, heat up, dot the cauliflower on top...happiness. And there is the added advantage of clearing out some refrigerator space. Now tucking into a cup of turmeric tea.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmm.... its hard to have leftovers sometimes... it's all just soo damn good!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I was that near-tears-happy the other morning when I wanted eggs and something to go with them.
    There, from lunch the day before, was a perfect half salmon fillet, so dang good, I started grinning.
    Is this the most wonderful way of eating, or what???

I never cease to be astounded that I can eat like this! And enjoy health and happiness beyond anything I would have imagined!

Yep, I have the problem of making something that is supposed to be 6 servings, but it turns out to be three servings...still, I have met my goals. Expensive, though!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Choir tonight. I am singing better and better. Singing is just like anything else. If you do it a lot, and work hard, and really try you will improve. I'll never be Renee Fleming, but then who will? The director complimented me on learning the music and also fitting in and making an effort to get to know everyone. It is nice to have my efforts noticed in a positive way.

I haven't weighed myself in a while but my clothes are falling off. My favorite cargo pants don't fit any more, they are huge. I think things are just moving around - swimming gets the credit.

ragwort is offline Senior Member
    I haven't weighed myself recently either ... but having real issues with clothes falling off. I bought some cheap running joggers in a sale and already they are slipping down AND yet again I have underwear issues. Unfortunately these cannot be resolved at the charity (thrift?) shop! I'm not complaining!!! Increasing activity and eating primally do really work ... I love what I eat now and never fret over food/meals now. Only issues are as you often mention is taking stuff with you to work etc when you know primal food may be scant.

Got a pile of stuff ready to take to the thrift shop. I was surprised at how many pants I have that won't stay up any more.

I was going to make a big ole recipe I found on the recipe thread but would you believe the grocery store was out of chicken? Yes. So this morning I went ahead and made it although I didn't have chicken...cauliflower...or cheese. Kidding. What I did was make a big pile of sausage, onion, garlic, and mushrooms. I can use this in a lot of different things, as well as eat it just as it is. I put some on a plate, then fried a couple of eggs in butter and lemon and plopped them on top. It was quite delicious. Eggs and lemon, a surprisingly good combo. Got this idea from the recipe thread also.

Playing a bit of catch up today, my first real day off since last Thursday. As you can imagine, the laundry was out of control. I'm thinking about swimming but I really need to do some stuff. I can go tonight, there is open swim from 6-7 PM. That is a better plan.

I'm listening to a Valentine's Day radio show from yesterday hoping my dedication to my dad got played.

Brilliant sunny day, I am going to get out my showshoes and have a go around the property.

This morning I remembered some jeans I have tucked away from years ago - Lucky Brands that I held on to for sentimental reasons and also because they are bloody expensive. Well. They fit. Today I can go struttin' out in my favorite pair. I also dug out a belt from the olden days. Haven't worn a belt in years (fat ladies don't wear belts - at least this fat one didn't). This belt doesn't fit. It's too big. I'll have to poke a new hole in it if I want to wear it.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    That is so cool

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Also want to document that I am very happy with my expensive skin products, which are turning out to be worth it. Even though the price tag is daunting, these products are generously sized and highly concentrated, meaning they will last for a very long time. Although I wouldn't expect anyone else to notice a difference, I definitely notice the texture of my skin is improved. And it is so much fun to be able to choose and use any product I want rather than the frantic-please-stop-my-skin-from-breaking-out that I have lived with for so long. (I spent thousands of dollars on doctors and prescription products that never helped and often made things worse.) Although someone told me I look beautiful last night (in a platonic way) so maybe the products are having more effect than I give them credit for. Funny, when I was young and trim and firm and basically pretty nice looking, no one ever told me that I was beautiful.