Page 212 of 590 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 212

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    DH says he always know by his urine odor if he's had too much sugar.
    I tell him I know when I've had some most delicious seared scallops when I can smell 'em for at least a day

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    I have much respect for the older generations. I am sure he would still be doing what he could to help out.

Community is no longer valued like it should be. How things have changed in three generations. We are losing the ability to raise young men and society is worse off because of it.
    I'm sure my dad would be helping me still if he were here. He died in 1972. It is weird to think I am quite a bit older than he ever got to be. My youngest brother is coming up on his age, 45. If Dad were here, I would probably have to wrestle the shovel away from him.

At church I suggested that some Saturday the senior high youth group should pile in a van and drive around helping people in their homes, particularly the elderly or those who are caring for young children. This was commonly done when I was a teenager. Apparently that is considered child abuse now. No more suggestions from me.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, if it is the scallops making me smell, I'm going to continue to smell for awhile because I just put another batch in the oven. When I was at the fish counter, I was looking on the little bay scallops and remembering they have a lovely sweet flavor, in fact a nicer flavor than their more glamorous large cousins. And that I could just as easily wrap them in bacon and the presentation would be pretty cool. I mixed them up with Old Bay and EVOO and put them in piles on a baking sheet, then surrounded them with partially cooked bacon fastened with toothpicks. They look very nice and are in the oven right now. And I have a haddock filet for later on. But no more gluten-free stuff. The Sugar Dragon needs to move on and go torment someone else.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I lay down on the bed for a minute and the carnivores jumped up and started kneading my belly and purring very, very loudly...probably testing my internal organs for weakness...

Well. Bacon-wrapped bay scallops are maybe my new favorite food ever. The sweetness of the scallop and the saltiness of the bacon - oh yeah! I had cut up a small piece of bacon and mixed it in with the scallops in addition to the bacon wrap. When I had it on the plate ready to eat, I put a small piece of butter on the top of each one, which melted instantly. Seriously, seriously good. Very attractive presentation also, good enough for company. Would be very easy to put together ahead of time and pop in the oven while enjoying a glass of wine. And the bay scallops are half the cost of the large ones!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Will try that, yes indeedy

Our indoor cat has such a routine. She doesn't want anything but a quick pet, if that, during the day. She'll swat ya if you try.
    But, at 9pm, she finds a human and has to knead and has a full blown love attack for 15 minutes.
    She then wants crunchies, wants out the door to porch for 15 minutes, then waits for us in the exact spot in bed.
    She's sound asleep when we get to bed, and, thankfully, she doesn't move all night.

Cats are hilarious! Mine have no understanding of the concept of 'pets' and that I am supposed to be somehow superior - they are entirely their own. Wish I could learn that!

Went to church for the imposition of ashes and came directly to work. Five people have told me that I have dirt on my forehead. Four of them did not know anything about Ash Wednesday and claimed to have never heard of it. Just cementing my reputation as a complete wacko here. (Of course I think THEY are the wackos.)

Had a hellish night last night at work. Don't want to talk about it! Well, a little bit. I came out well, I have received commendations, but a couple of other people are facing reprimands and a review board. That is all I am saying about last night. Here I am back at work, contemplating my own and other's mortality. Very tired. Many thanks to my co-worker who agreed to stay late so I could attend church and coincidentally that meant I could get more sleep. I've worked five out of six nights, all 12s, and that included my hell weekend and hell Tuesday night. Well.

Eating is going fine. I just put primal stuff in my lunch bag and eat it.

After feeling bad about not being able to go swimming after get off work because there are water aerobics classes in the pool, I realized I can go in the therapy pool. I can't swim laps but I can be in the water, walk around, stretch, all that stuff. I can swim around a little, too. That might be a good habit to get into.

And the good news is that I don't smell any more. Too much sugar and that gluten-free crap I was eating. If I need a treat, I will make it myself with honey, almond butter, etc. That doesn't make me smell or have heartburn. Much better.

So tired! Can't wait to get home and get into bed, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Things tend to look better after a good "days" sleep. I don't miss the 12 hour night shifts at all. When work stuff happens, I just keep telling myself that I'm responsible for how I respond and I can't make adults do anything. Sleep well, hope you get to the pool and congrats on not being stinky!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html