Page 211 of 511 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 5103

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 211

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am so glad you got home ok! And that your cats are fine - my animals never eat much when we are away and then gorge themselves when we get back .... So sweet how happy your cats were to have you home! At least you are appreciated there...

I think we are all more social than we care to admit - I know I am generally a hermit, but I really need the few friends I have. When we go through something scarey and uncomfortable like that storm it really triggers the longing to be part of a tightly knit group that cares and supports one another. How very typical that your boss insists you make it in and then hunkers down at home - what a nasty person, I'd love to give them a good sound slapping for you Hopefully your power stays on and your inner peace resurfaces now that you are home and snug with cats and primal food and forbidden stove churning out the heat :P

I hope you have a lovely day - keep talking, we want to know how you are doing!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You are so right, Coll - the key is being part of a group that cares in a meaningful way - it is easy to be part of a group, but maybe not so easy to find a truly caring group. I have to include family groups in this because my co-workers were full of uncaring family stories as well - a husband who off with his friends instead of staying with his young family, a young man who didn't clean the driveway for his mother, who came home after a 20-hour shift and literally got stuck in a snowdrift and had to call 911 from her own front yard. Not just bosses and landlords, although I have harsh enough words for mine. At times like this I wonder what it would be like if my own father were still alive. He would be quite old by now, but he was always such a hard worker and so caring. Would he still be taking care of everyone else? I am glad we did not face any really serious situations at our little hospital that would have been life-or-death - transport was impossible for about 24 hours, and luckily we did not have any sick babies or acute cardiac situations. So that is good.

The cats are so glad I am home, they are all over me all of the time. It is hard to get anything done. Even Slim Cat, who is not a lap-sitter, is vying for lap time along with BW Cat, who is a lap-sitter extraordinaire.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Had a great swim! And one of the volunteers brought her 10-week-old Bernese Mountain Dog in! Probably the cutest creature on the entire planet! I sat down on the floor and cuddled her and she wriggled with such joy. People were crowding around to touch her. It was the greatest feeling!

Was really hungry this afternoon. I don't remember when I ate last, obviously it was last night. I dove headfirst into a bowl of leafy greens with raw baby bell peppers (LOVE those) and some roast chicken. Full disclosure - last week at Trader Joe's I bought a six-pack of hard cider and I am practically addicted. SO good. Not as many carbs as you might think - 11 in a 12-oz. bottle. Yes, 11. This does not mean I can drink it all the time.

Lent is coming. Should I give something up? I think a lot of that giving up stuff is pure vanity. Then people walk around saying, "I'm giving up chocolate for Lent" like they're a saint. Makes me ill. If you give up chocolate and then donate that money to the local animal shelter, then you can tell me about it. So maybe that is what I will do - give up chocolate and go to the animal shelter every week, give them the $$$ and play with the animals. Of course I like to do that, so it is not such a sacrifice. But it is good for the animals, so my vanity can perhaps be forgiven.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

So tired! I had only one night off after the weekend horror show and now have three in a row. I will survive. Tonight has been okay although trying my patience. This too shall pass.

People I miss:

Judg. She posted a lot, kept the threads moving, and sparked conversations.

David: Although we are obviously very different people, I felt we had a lot in common and I always enjoyed his posts. A fellow Northeasterner.

Lopisheep: Such a nice person. Miss her.

When people stop posting, I can't help wondering about them. Did they stop because they have given up primal? If so, are they happy and healthy? Are they just too busy/no longer interested/no longer motivated? I will never know. But I hope everyone is doing well and having fine lives.

After months of not smelling, I feel like I smell like a goat. Yes, I am showering every day. Why the change? I can't really think of what I am doing differently. No one has said anything to me about being smelly, but then they probably wouldn't. I can't think of what I have changed that would lead to this smelliness. I'm eating more fish lately, but not that much fish. I don't like being stinky.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Its probally the hard cider. You like it so it has to mess with you. lol

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    wow, checked judg's page, nearly a month since she was here, I miss her, too, always so upbeat.
    I do hope she's just gotten super busy and not sick or a sick loved one.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    At times like this I wonder what it would be like if my own father were still alive. He would be quite old by now, but he was always such a hard worker and so caring. Would he still be taking care of everyone else?
    I have much respect for the older generations. I am sure he would still be doing what he could to help out.

Community is no longer valued like it should be. How things have changed in three generations. We are losing the ability to raise young men and society is worse off because of it.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I miss all 3 also. I like to think their life got super good busy and they are doing well. I'm thinking its the gluten free goodies you are eating that are making you stinky! There are days (nights) the best you can do is to survive. Hope your 3 nights go by quickly.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

PrimalCon New York
    You know, I think you are right about that. They are full of yuck and I know they are no good for me. And I am happy to report the biscuits are not good at all. I won't be tempted by those! Also, all these things contain a fair amount of sugar. Sugar = smell.