Page 209 of 590 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 209

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    They are great! Try them!

I'm here and safe and having a slumber party with my co-workers. Luckily the cool ones!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I am SO going to try those cheese breads - I am sure my family will bless you forever and ever! The only trick is whether I can actually pull them off without flopping them!

So glad that you are safe and cozy with the cool co-workers! Hopefully you can get the woodstove issue sorted out to both of your satisfaction! Seems such a waste to not be able to use something so useful and cheap .... And grrrrrrr to your manager for his lack of support and compassion!! Yuk - be glad you're not married to him .... now there's a thought to cheer you up
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Wild night here! The snow is blowing sideways and there is a LOT of it. I was going to go out and clean off my car and move it but I am too chicken. And I have been pretty busy too. Some weird stuff as usual.

I'm going to use the wood stove all I want. To be honest I don't think he has the right to tell me how much I can use it. I'm renting the place and it has a wood stove. When I owned rental property, I didn't tell my tenants what they could or could not do with the stuff in the home. For instance, what about the oven? Is he going to tell me I can't use that very much either because it's going to wear out? And the furnace isn't going to last forever either and I guarantee you that I'm not turning tht off. Wear and tear on stuff is normal.

It's official, I'm having hot flashes again. Yuck.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, here I am. Still at work. The storm was quite vicious and in many ways it might have been better to be here. It is hard not knowing what things are like at home and hoping all is well - I'm sure it is and have no reason to think otherwise - but the hospital is warm, snug, plenty of food, lots of people, plows, shovels, phones. I am needed here and have done useful work. So there is nothing to complain about.

I slept in our office, and quite well actually. The room was dark and quiet and I had my sleeping mask and earplugs. I got six hours, which is good on any day. I am here until tomorrow morning, and I am trying not to worry about the driveway being plowed. That would really blow if I got home after all of this and the driveway was bad. But I am not going to worry about it. What will be will be and there is no point thinking of it. My car is safe in the parking lot in a good plowed spot and I am safe inside the hospital. That is all.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear. I'm sure the cats are holding down the fort!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

phigment is offline Senior Member
    The cats probally rigged the snow storm to start their dominion of the world.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    They are surfing the net looking for a schnauzer buddy!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

When I get home they will probably have moved all the furniture around, hacked my bank account, and ordered thousands of dollars in cat toys from the internet.

ragwort is offline Senior Member
    I hope you are still OK in your storm blasted hospital. Sounds like you made the best of it snug with your earplugs and mask - smart move.

In the UK we have been hit by something similar (though probably not so severe). Down here in the south it is just a never ending mix of rain and sleet. So disappointing. Absolutely no sunshine or motivation to go outside and do anything!! It's been like this for weeks, the only upside is that the gym is particularly welcoming as it is so warm and friendly!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A lot has happened, none of it very interesting. Last night was one of those long dark nights of the soul that seems it will never end. It was so hard when my two co-workers left around 6 PM and I was facing 13 hours by myself, tired as hell, worried, uncomfortable, smelling like a goat despite taking a cold shower in the 1950's era locker room. I ate a piece of berry pie. It tasted very good indeed, but I paid for it in spades. Will I never learn? I had severe cramping and unbelievable nausea. I actually got an emesis bag and a box of tissues. I went from being afraid I would throw up to hoping I would throw up. Misery.

Came home to incredible snow drifts. Turning into my driveway was like entering a snow tunnel, the piles of snow well over my head. I don't know how much snow we got, and it is hard to tell because it is drifted so much. Some places there is almost no snow and some places - I know this is hard to believe - it is almost up to my second floor apartment. The roads were okay but not great, although I am sure they are much better now. The plow has continued to come by and it was quite sunny today. But I'm not going to test the roads tonight, I am staying put and drinking wine and eating my favorite primal foods like mashed cauliflower. I still can't get over the fact that I love cauliflower now. I spent 53 years not even wanting to walk by it in the grocery store. This afternoon I roasted a batch and ate it all, accompanied by a few slices of ham. Then I boiled the rest with garlic, blended it all up with butter and ate a big bowl. So good! AND it was organic. Also ate the rest of my baby bell peppers in their splendid rainbow colors. Those are the best. Again, I have amazingly turned into a vegetable person.

I love all this new stuff Mark is introducing. I wish it had been available when I started out; however I have it pretty well dialed in now. I do love the recipes and shopping lists and so forth. The post yesterday with the five recipes was exactly what I would have liked when I started out. It is, of course, pretty convenient now!

I have a little bit of PTSD from this weekend. I know that sounds stupid. But it was really challenging both mentally and physically and also that no-one-understands-what-I'm-going-through quality, thanks to the landlord who was blase about access and a boss who was completely robotic. If it weren't for my two co-workers, (one in particular) I couldn't have done it. The first night wasn't so bad, but the second was hell. When I didn't have anyone to share things with, when there was no one on the premises that I felt I could talk to or would help out, it was really hard. Perhaps I am more of a social animal than I care to admit.