Page 208 of 590 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 208

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The news is not good about the severity of this storm coming at you.
    Don't chance it if it turns out as bad as they say.
    Your boss should find someone to pick you up, dammit.

How does your landlord expect you to stay warm if you don't use the stove??
    I've experienced propane, OMG, it will break the bank.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Worst case scenerio - you call out sick with spider bite (I know not your style, but safety comes first). Tell boss the hospital needs to send 4 wheel drive to get you (should be sop). You may need to ask for a room and sleep there (pack food, clothes just in case). Praying you stay safe and everyone softens their attitude!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sorry things are the way they are at the moment! What does it matter if you use the woodstove a lot or a little?! I don't get that ... and yes, propane costs a LOT especially when it is really cold and the house is leaking your warm air out.... bummer about the storm. Nasty timing on all of it! Hope that isn't a spider bite - they sure can be nasty. I have heard great things about Silverbiotics gel for treating even brown recluse bites ... FWIW. Here's hoping everything gets sorted out and you are safe and well and that you are surprised by someone being kind instead of grumpy. Hugs {{}}
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks all! I feel better knowing you guys are rooting for me. The thing is, everything is good until it isn't. And it's easy for people to be friendly and helpful when in fact no one needs any help. But when I express concerns or have a problem I get 'the look' - you know, like you've suddenly grown an extra head or maybe an extra head with a bad rash. But that's just the way the world is. What do I expect? EXCEPT here. Here is all warm and comfy and everyone is nice. So I'm glad I have this place to come to.

Last night after examining the horrid red swelling on my face I took a Benadryl. Today it is better although still evident. It doesn't itch any more and the swelling is greatly lessened. The Benadryl gave me weird dreams, luckily I don't remember them, except for one where I was homeless and one where I had to crawl through a tiny claustrophobic tunnel. Hmmm I guess I do remember them.

Woke up to find the skylights covered with snow. The storm arrived early and there is a lot of snow already. I think it is going to be worse than I thought. And this isn't even the storm. This is just the pre-snow. Well, what do I expect? This is Maine and it is February.

I'm making some tapioca cheese bread. It will be good to take to work. I'll stop at the store on the way in, which will hopefully be open, and get a chicken and some leafy greens. Also I will take eggs and all the fruit I have. My poor cats will have to eat dry kibble for a long time as I have no idea when I will be able to get back home.

Oh, and I think he wants me to cut down on wood stove use because the more I use it, the more creosote will build up and it will need professional cleaning more often. I have used those creosote-busting logs but the fact is it needs to be cleaned for real every so often and he doesn't want to pay for it.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 02-08-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It would cost more to remove the smell of your rotting body if you freeze to death from cold, and then there's a warm spell. Just saying.

You are so right. Incidentally I called and sent an email to my brother letting him know that I was basically ordered to come in no matter how dangerous the conditions, and that my manager took the day off.

I went out to the grocery and it was pretty bad but the plows hadn't been out. Got home and shoveled the driveway, which already had four inches of snow. Backed into the garage to reduce the area I have to worry about, and to give the front wheel drive a little help. To be honest, the shoveling was easy as the snow is light and fluffy and can just be pushed around. That is one reason why I did it - at this stage it is pretty easy. And now the plows are out in force, and probably will be for the duration of the storm so I'm not too worried. I am planning on leaving in late afternoon so as to arrive while it is still light out.

I am torn between thinking, "YEAH! I am woman, hear me roar! I can totally do it all!" and being annoyed as hell with the men in my life, specifically my manager and my landlord. I'm thinking of a word that starts with f and ends with k. I don't usually swear, either. Maybe that is part of my strong woman-ness, thinking that way.

You are right, Sabine! And the wood stove needs regular maintenance regardless of how much you use it. And it has been due for some time.

Anyway, I made the cheese bread and it turned out spectacularly. I have really got that recipe nailed. And the yorkshire pudding pan helps also. I ate two of them with butter. SO good!

I had the weirdest experience. I was heating up scallops in the microwave and had a piece of ham in my hand. I bit into the ham just as I opened the door and let out the odor - the ham tasted like fish!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    When u have time and your fingers feel like it,
    Give us directions on how u make the cheese bread.
    Funny about the ham fish :-)
    I love scallops so much, may be my most favorite food of all.

Take extra care today, I know u will, I'll be worrying about you anyway.

Be careful driving. Take no chances. Can you tell us that you have arrived safely?

I'll probably be on the computer all night! Bitching and moaning, probably! You know me -

This is the original recipe - Brazilian cheese bread | Bewitching Kitchen

I have adapted it in the following way: I use 1/4 cup sour cream instead of farmers cheese, and I use 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan instead of 1 Tablespoon Parmesan. The end product is not quite as spongy and more crunchy. I have a yorkshire pudding pan from my CW days, which is basically a shallow muffin pan with each opening about 3 inches across. The recipe makes 6 perfect 3-inch breads. I mix up the batter, which is quite runny. I use a hand mixer, but you can use a blender. It is best if it is room temp, but not necessary. I heat the pan in the oven for a few minutes and then add a little butter to each. In goes the batter and I cook it at least 20 minutes, maybe 22. Don't open the oven while they are cooking, keep all the heat in. They puff up nicely and look beautiful. They are also quite absorbent and so it you are eating something with a yummy sauce they will do a good mop-up job. You can, of course, use a regular muffin tin and you will get more breads.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 02-08-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I may have to break down and try those. They look so puffy and cute.