Page 207 of 590 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 207

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    The guest post on MDA was very interesting and inspiring to me even though I am the diametric opposite of the guy who wrote it. I'm not an athlete, not a father, not a lawyer, not ambitious, not anything he is, nor do I aspire to be. But I like his ideas of making decisions on who and what you want to be, what you eat, how you care for your body, and how that affects the people around you. He is writing from the male viewpoint, but it is just as valid for women, IMHO. You can chalk up bad choices to 'sacrificing for the kids' but really, is it in your kid's best interest for you to be fat, sick, unhappy, etc.? And I'm totally with him on the idea of basically - be the person you want your kids to be. Passionate, successful, happy, healthy. Lead by example. Yes, it is a tall order. But don't your kids deserve the best?
    I agree

Although I did in fact listen to Billy Idol and Depeche Mode in the 80's
    Me too

Let me tell you, if it is a choice between bread and my hair - HAIR HAIR HAIR. But to each his own.
    yup!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Check out this guy! Can't believe I haven't read his stuff - About Me The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.
    I love this guy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, and he is friends with Gary Taubes, who I credit with my becoming primal in the first place.

The conference was great and all went well. We didn't get the snow as predicted, so it was clear dry roads all the way. The hotel was surprisingly nice. I took all my food but the restaurant didn't look bad at all. I probably could have stayed primal there. But I'm sure my food was better. The baba ganoush is all gone now. But I can make more.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ate too much! Uncomfortably full! That doesn't happen too often. Wow. Used to happen pretty much every day. Everything I have eaten today has been primal but there has just been too much of it. When I came home I wasn't really hungry but I had a protein shake. Then I decided I needed more food for some reason and had some panang fish. Yowzah. Definitely kind of a stress thing, even though I wasn't really stressed and so can't use that as an excuse. Basically I feel I have been running around for 24 hours, even though I have not been, and I was so happy to be home and be able to relax. Weird how that manifested in food.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

After the eating I have been doing I was afraid to weigh myself, but I bravely got on the scale this morning. 133. Whew. I am feeling a little weird in the tummy and thinking Aunt Flo might be coming to visit soon. At my age I have no idea if or when this will happen, but that is how I feel.

We are supposed to have a whopper of a storm tomorrow night. I keep telling myself not to worry about it, everything will be fine! No worrying about things like this! Of course I have to work. But I lucked out yesterday. Yes, it will all be fine.

I am doing some housecleaning and there is grocery shopping and hopefully swimming later today. Also firewood to be carried in. Real interesting stuff going on, huh?

I finally tracked down the draft and winterized my french doors and covered a broken ceiling vent that was letting in a lot of cold air and presumably letting out the warm air. The blankets hanging over the door look pretty ghetto but they are very effective. They are behind the blinds looking from the outside, so hopefully they don't show to people driving by. Must be sensitive to the tone of the neighborhood, right? But it was rather sobering to be able to easily close the door over a folded blanket. That is quite a gap! No wonder I am using propane as though it is pouring through a sieve.

Had two pork chops and some roasted cauliflower for breakfast/brunch/first meal of the day. Can't believe I preferred the cauliflower over the pork. Delicious stuff. I love the texture when it is roasted just right. Just realized as I am typing this that I finished eating about 6 PM last night and didn't eat until 10:30 AM so that qualifies as an IF. Woo Hoo! Funny how I don't even think about stuff like that any more.

Had a good swim, did some errands, brought in a truckload of firewood. Ate a pork chop and some blackberries. Choir tonight.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm coveting your "133" I know I will see that number one day............ but that day seems to far away right now!!! I'm still hanging around 180.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

campanella is offline Senior Member
    For your turmeric tea, you just follow Mark's recipe but use almond milk instead of coconut? My choir is singing a pretty high-note heavy piece this weekend and I'm looking for some magic remedy to help me sing it. I've heard a lot of hype about oxidized 06 in almond milk, what do you think about that?

You will be there, Tomi! It's all good. Every step of the way is a good place to be - sometimes because it feels great, and sometimes because it will be over. I'm pleased that I seem to be able to maintain this weight and eat freely of primal foods. It's almost unbelievable.

I don't worry too much about the O6 in almond milk because I don't drink much of it - I only use 4 oz. in the tea, I add water to it also. I don't use coconut milk because it is too expensive, but I should probably mix some in there. I don't know why the tea should make those high notes easier, but again tonight I drank the tea and those B flats were okay. Maybe it is the ginger?

I'm trying not to freak out about this storm but all the talk gets to me. I have to work both Friday and Saturday. Why does it seem like I have to work every time there is a bad storm? My boss called me and basically said I am expected to be there but offered no assistance. I asked my landlord about the driveway getting plowed and he told me it will get plowed when it gets plowed. Then he told me I am using the wood stove too much. Also I have a toothache and I think a spider bit the side of face, there is a very itchy red bump and I saw a spider running across the floor. So I'm just sitting here thinking, hey, I can handle this. It will all be okay.