Page 206 of 590 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 206

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Feeling a bit out of sorts this morning after my adventure yesterday. It was fun but it is hard for me to up and go somewhere with no notice like that. The cats are out of food, my back hurts a little (long car rides = ouch), and I just remembered I have book club this morning. I had too much sugar (yes, a pack of chocolates made its way into my bag at TJs - okay...two packs). I'm not complaining, no no no, it was fun and I would do it again. But I need to prepare more. I was wearing my contacts and I can't tolerate them for long periods of time and I only had my old glasses with me. Must not leave the house without my proper glasses! Dumb. Put a sweater in my car so I will have one if I need it. I wore basically summer clothes to church because the choir robes are bloody hot. I borrowed a sweater but it was horribly scratchy. Okay, I sound like I'm complaining and that is wrong. The play was terrific and it was fun to be with people all day.

Ate a big brekkie of pastrami, onions, gouda all mixed up in a pan. Now I must go get cat food and swim and make it to book club at 11.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Swim, book club, errands. Blah blah. Lunch was a protein shake.

The guest post on MDA was very interesting and inspiring to me even though I am the diametric opposite of the guy who wrote it. I'm not an athlete, not a father, not a lawyer, not ambitious, not anything he is, nor do I aspire to be. But I like his ideas of making decisions on who and what you want to be, what you eat, how you care for your body, and how that affects the people around you. He is writing from the male viewpoint, but it is just as valid for women, IMHO. You can chalk up bad choices to 'sacrificing for the kids' but really, is it in your kid's best interest for you to be fat, sick, unhappy, etc.? And I'm totally with him on the idea of basically - be the person you want your kids to be. Passionate, successful, happy, healthy. Lead by example. Yes, it is a tall order. But don't your kids deserve the best?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    ^ yes they do! and we deserve to be the best too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Check out this guy! Can't believe I haven't read his stuff - About Me The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D. The Eating Academy | Peter Attia, M.D.

Redid the bacon-wrapped scallops. Nuked the bacon for two minutes to give it a head start as bacon and scallops don't cook at the same rate. Seasoned the scallops with Old Bay. Wrapped them in the bacon and baked at 400F for 10 minutes. Poured melted butter with smoked paprika over them and baked for another 5 minutes. Squeeze lime juice over them. (Do not skip this step. It is blah without the juice.) The carnivores went crazy although they don't like paprika or lime or Old Bay. I highly recommend eating these with your fingers so you can lick them. I couldn't bear to throw away any of the seasoned butter/juices on the plate so I heated up some brussels sprouts from last night and tossed them in the sauce.

Swam this morning but only for 20 minutes because the lifeguards were blasting 80's music and I just couldn't deal. I HATE it when they play music. It is tinny and muffled and horrible in the pool area. I can't have music as background anymore - I LISTEN to it or I don't have it playing. Although I did in fact listen to Billy Idol and Depeche Mode in the 80's, I can't stand them now. Sorry, I just can't.

Car is all gassed up and ready for my trip to Portland (ME) tomorrow for a conference. Big adventure!

Have got two comments on my hair lately. I guess the new growth really is noticeable. The other day at work I hadn't put any hairspray on it - just forgot - and one of my co-workers asked me if I had got a mohawk. I looked in the mirror and burst out laughing because that is just what it looked like. I have so many short hairs standing up on the top of my head and also at my temples. Then today at the pool a friend came up and asked me slyly what had I done. Did I have extensions? Her hair is very, very thin. I didn't know what to say at first, then said that I was sensitive to wheat and I had stopped eating grains and that was having a positive effect on my hair. She was, alas, horrified that I don't eat bread. Said she could never give up bread.

Let me tell you, if it is a choice between bread and my hair - HAIR HAIR HAIR. But to each his own.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I'd choose hair too... It's sad when a food addiction takes presidency over appearance. I know appearances aren't everything but I bet she's self conscious about her hair and doesn't even have the self control to try a method to fix it.
    Last edited by ecks; 02-05-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

It is really sad, and giving up bread just sounds too far out for most people. Now if it were the other way around and I had to give up meat to save my hair...well, I'd probably sneak it every so often and pray it wasn't enough to make my hair fall out. Luckily I am on the happy end of this one. I know it is shallow of me, but I'm thrilled about my hair. I used to write a lot in my journal about how great my skin looks, and it still does, but I've become somewhat used to having perfect skin and I'm not used to having great hair. (Listen to me, what a dork I am!)

Had a crazy cooking session this morning. Made baba ganoush (thanks, Greensprout!) and cod with two different sauces. Already detailed the scallops. It is a great feeling to have loads of great primal food already cooked and ready to go. I will have some fish for an early dinner (choir tonight) and probably some cauliflower. Tomorrow is the conference and I will take baba ganoush, bell peppers, salami, cheese, olives, nuts, berries. Uh, no, I won't be gone for a week, why do you ask? I eat a lot, okay?

Seriously, it will be a long day in the middle of bloody nowhere and I don't want to be hungry.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Have a very happy road trip.
    You and the red dart will look so sporty!!

Safe travels.

Thank you, Judy! It is fun having a sporty car!