Page 204 of 590 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 204

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd say just go with what feels right. Meat will still be there when it appeals. Not sure I've experienced that myself, but I don't see an issue with that.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    This is when it is nice to have some protein powder on the shelf. I can pretty much always down a protein shake. I whirled up one this afternoon with greek yogurt and raspberries. I wouldn't want that to be my only source of protein, though.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I guess I shouldn't admit this here, but I am having a problem with meat lately. It just doesn't appeal. Does that ever happen to you? It does to me once in a while. I'm just wanting to eat apples and berries and almond butter and cashew butter and yogurt and veg. Weird, huh? I've eaten some meat, but having to pretty much force myself. OTOH, I'm saving some money. And I'm sure this will pass and I'll be back to gnawing on bones like some demented cavewoman.
    I think you are probably moving towards a true seasonal eating cycle. As winter wears on, you'll get tired of meat and want more of other things. Likewise with spring, summer, autumn.

Knowledge to impart: Dawn is the best dish soap. I've tried everything, environmentally friendly blah de blah, and Dawn beats everything. Just a little bit and your dishes are clean and NOT GREASY. Everything else, I use handfuls of the stuff and my dishes are dingy and spotty and greasy.

Got very hungry at the end of my shift as usual and drove home behind someone going 30 mph. Hmph. Had two scrambled eggs and bacon and raspberries. That's more like it! Now am very sleepy, good night!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

After being disappointed yet again by a human being, I have come to the conclusion that it is better for me to direct my energy towards relationships with cats and dogs. I'm not going to name names or point fingers. I take full responsibility for thinking that another human would actually provide me with anything other than a superficial and shallow relationship. Perhaps I will go back to the animal shelter and make an application for a little dog. And play with the cats and rabbits for an hour or so.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    You seem to me to be such a dog person.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    ^ x 2
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I love dogs. I love them so much that I don't have one because I am away a lot. I question whether I could be a proper dog caretaker/mom. And I am not naive about the commitment required to have a dog, and provide it with a good life. I think about getting a dog every day (also goats and sheep and alpacas). In this part of the world, this wonderful place that I live, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of good homes for small dogs, so I can't tell myself that any home is better than no home. A couple of years ago I was ready to adopt a three-legged miniature greyhound that I was sure no one wanted - but in fact people were lining up to adopt this unique creature. But maybe I need to rethink that. This is probably TMI but I often think this small apartment of mine is made for a small dog - I have a shower stall that could easily become a paper-training toilet area. I've heard of people who live in large cities, like NYC, that just teach their dog to go in the shower stall. So easy. Bag up waste...turn on shower...nice and clean. No big deal if you come home from work late. Okay, you've got me thinking!

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Yes, yes, yes. I go through those phases often and they seem to be getting even more frequent- where meat simply does not appeal! I subsist on cheese, chocolate, fruit, and nuts for a while and I'm still alive and kicking.
    Hmm, I will have to try some of that turmeric tea as I have trouble reaching those high notes too! I wonder if it's the turmeric or the coconut milk?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been using almond milk in my turmeric tea, don't know if that is making a difference. But honestly, I have noticed a pronounced difference. And I'm a pseudo-medical person (I hold a national and state license in CW medical wisdom - gag). But I highly recommend trying it.

Yes, as the astute member of this elite sorority/fraternity have noted, seasonal eating is something to embrace.