Page 201 of 590 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 201

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I wonder how my cats would like a toy mini schnauzer? Hmmmmm......
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    They come teacup size also. Juliet is a rescue and I've always said she is a cat-dog.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I wonder how my cats would like a toy mini schnauzer? Hmmmmm......
    They are carnivores...... probably like it quite alot! ohhh... as a companion.... sorry...

I went to the animal shelter today - not specifically to look for toy min schnauzers, but I go regularly. I asked about little dogs, and they said they normally get snapped up immediately, often the same day they are available. They don't get many around here, probably because it is much easier to rehome a small dog if necessary. They have many large, large dogs. What they normally recommend is to be pre-approved and basically put in an order - they will call you when they get a suitable dog. Of course I looked at the cats. There is always at least one cat that I am certain I have to take home, but I never do. Today it was a silky smooth tortie with a very unusual coat - basically a gray and smoke tabby with bright orange stripes shot through. Lovely face, very friendly. But I have two cats already!

I took them a pile of cans of Friskies. Hannaford's doesn't have the brand of dry food they use, I'll see about getting some from Amazon.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well. This post is going to be about intestinal stuff, so you might want to skip it. I've had some IBS-like symptoms, not really diarrhea but it hasn't been pretty. I couldn't figure out what was causing it. Haven't had any gluten, nosirree, no grains at all. Haven't eaten anything I didn't make with my own hands. Nothing obviously spoiled or off. But I've had a couple of grapefruits that a co-worker gave me. And I really loved them! Delicious. I bought another one and ate that too. Just looked it up - grapefruit often have a laxative effect, which varies from individual to individual. Well - THIS individual definitely noticed the laxative effect! Eating three in about 18 hours was not a good idea. I will be a bit more conservative on grapefruit consumption in the future. I've had a generous amount of Greek yogurt and kombucha, hopefully I can repopulate my gut and get things back to normal.

At work, crazy stuff here! Busy busy busy.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Your cats would find a new puppy/dog interesting and just a new member of the pack.
    They have seniority so I doubt the canine would be aggressive.

I love ruby red grapefruit and juice, not too much at a time, tho, carb count high.

Work calmed down a bit although I had to stay a bit late. I got home and was starving. This is something that happens lately. I'm not hungry...not hungry...the hours go by...then I get busy and I haven't eaten and by the time I get a chance I'm really famished. I don't know if this is bad or not. I always eat protein and fat as exclusively as I can when this happens - no carbs. This morning I had smoked salmon and cream cheese. Then I decided, for some reason, that yoga was a good idea. I did a few sun salutations and was suddenly so tired I could barely climb into bed. Kind of a surreal experience. Slept for five hours or so, got up, made a fire in the woodstove and a cup of tea. Fed the carnivores. Slim Cat sat in the window and howled and roared like a lion on the savanna. Wonder what he saw?

The gut has returned to normal. Whew! I used to live like that! It was not fun. I'll be much more careful with grapefruit from now on. Obviously my insides don't do well with too much.

Very pretty outside, a winter wonderland. The trees are covered in snow and the sun is shining. The studded snow tires have turned out to be the best investment I have made in a very long time. Last night when I drove in, I was fine. I was careful and safe, but I didn't ever feel like I was out of control or teetering on the brink. I even deliberately took a side road because, although the conditions would be worse, there would be no traffic to deal with. It was fine. I listened to my co-workers hair-raising driving tails and how they were exhausted before they even got into work. Yes, I am glad I bought those tires. I'm glad I was able to buy tires.

BW Cat just ran by me with a banana. Where did he get a banana? And why does he want a banana?

Just made a primal panang - a variation of the one that was in the video recipe contest a few months back. I just used what I had on hand. Really good! Cashews + Fish = Win. However, the carnivores were completely uninterested. I thought I would get 3-4 meals from this, but sadly there is only one serving left. I also had some zucchini made into strips with a vegetable peeler and sauteed very quickly in butter, salt, and pepper. Beats me as to why anyone would think this way of eating is unhealthy. I just ate more high quality nutrients than most people eat in a week.

Did some more yoga. Having an urge to do yoga lately. Why? Who knows? I am astounded at how flexible and strong I am as compared to this time last year. Considering that I haven't been consciously working on strength or flexibility, this is quite a concept. Maybe that is why I feel like doing it - because I can.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Did you discover what BW cat was up to with the banana? I had a good laugh at that .

I should be doing some yoga at home too. That and joint mobility stuff. I applaud your sun salutations. Are there any yoga classes in your area that work with your schedule?

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So if BW cat took a banana, I'm thinking that's where the avacado went!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html