Page 200 of 590 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 200

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    The owl sounded very close, but it's hard to tell. I'm sure there are lots of owls, but they are usually pretty hard to see, being nocturnal and also very, very good blending into their surroundings. A couple of the local nature societies hold regular owl prowls, and I've been on a couple, but we didn't manage to find any owls.

I have a picture of one that a birding friend took.

EScreechOwlA---web020121.jpg

He walked by it, just a few feet away, and almost missed it. Although it is apparent in the photo, he said that in actuality it was almost invisible since it blended so well.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    That is one cool pic!
    How I love nature and all its wonder.
    Last edited by JudyCr; 01-27-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Punc

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    That's a great owl picture! Amazing how much that looks like the tree.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What an amazing picture.

My best owl sighting was right here in the suburbs. I have seen one flying at night, but the coolest(though also sad) was a young owl that got away from its parent somehow, and lived in a neighbor's tree for two days. It was too young to know how to behave, I guess, so it camped out fairly low and out on a branch, rather than by the trunk for camoflage.

The whole neighborhood came by to check it out before it took off. I like to think its mom came by and got it, after giving it a good screaming at. (Please do not burst my bubble with any inconvenient facts.)

Year ago when I lived in California, I stepped out of my house around dusk and an owl swooped right by me. Its wingtip just barely brushed my hair. It must have been diving on something just as I came out. I'll never forget how big it was, and how utterly silent. A perfect predator.

What a morning I have had. After an easy night at work, I was really excited about going to church and the songs we were singing. I walked in the door and thought, "It's really cold in here." After a few minutes I figured out that the propane tank was empty! I'm on an automatic fill program and that is NOT supposed to happen. The temp was in the low 50's, not too bad but obviously not good either. I called and they came out in about an hour. Whew. He left the bill - don't you think I should get a discount?

I didn't think much about being tired or hungry until all the excitement was over, all the songs sung, the propane tank filled and the thermostat back at 64F. I wolfed down some ham and half a grapefruit. The grapefruit was a gift from a co-worker. Maybe all my jokes about pork chops and apples are starting to pay off, i.e. people are offering fruit instead of brownies.

Am loving my expensive skin care products! I have an oil that I massage all over my face, smells heavenly - like grapefruit - and feels great. I accidentally got a little bit in my mouth and it tastes good! I remember reading somewhere that things you put on your skin should be edible. Not that you would necessarily want to eat them, but it should be possible. I don't know if there is any truth in that, but I could put some of that oil on salad if I didn't know better.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Awesome owl pic!!! Sounds like you are handling the cold well. I wish I could find that energy that you are talking about!!! Work in progress.
    Amanda

Woke up astoundingly hungry. I punched past the temptation to dive into the can of cashews and instead broiled up a ribeye steak with mushroom sauce, preceded by an enormous salad composed of leafy greens and a number of chopped raw veg. Feel very good now. Happy hormones flowing. Feel like a hot something like tea, but I am also feeling lazy.

Anyone else find that smoked salmon makes you smell bad? I have noticed a definite correlation. Not pleasant. I might have to start following my smoked salmon feasts with a large handful of parsley.

Page Two Hundred of my journal! Woo-hoo! Who would have thought?

Got over my lazy feeling and brewed up a cup of hot chocolate fit for the gods. Started with raw milk, added some cocoa powder and a couple of squares of Mayordomo chocolate (a Mexican chocolate designed to be melted in a drink). Then a healthy dollop of honey. Enjoyed this immensely.

If you haven't listened to the podcast Mark mentions in his post today, you need too. Lots of good stuff, and once again Mark has managed to say all sorts of different things. In fact, here it is: Podcast Episode #71: Mark Sisson talks The Primal Connection! | Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition Education

Made some coconut macaroons last night. Primal, of course. Just coconut, egg whites, vanilla, honey. Very, very good. Would be even better with some chocolate on them, but I didn't do that. I can't make these too often, I will eat them ALL.

Slept a lot. Maybe 10-11 hours? I have to work tonight and I just stayed in bed until I couldn't sleep any more. Oddly, I still feel tired now that I am up and around. I need to go to the grocery store and bring in firewood, also gas up the car. There is supposed to be a storm moving in, first it will be snow and then change to rain. We'll see. The forecasters have been pretty much wrong this winter, although I will give them a lot of room because coastal areas are hard to predict.

My cats crack me up every day. Okay, cute cat story coming up, you might want to skip this if you're not into it. They are always so excited when I get up in the morning. First they stand sentinel at my head, one on each side, staring at me and willing me to wake up. If I move at all, they pat my face with their paws. (Cat owners need to learn to sleep with covers over their heads.) I get up and feed them. They are so deliriously happy, they eat with great joy. If I'm going to make the bed I have to sneak off and make it while they are eating. Because their next favorite thing is to leap into the unmade bed and spend a great deal of time kneading the blankets and getting them just so. There is a fair amount of grooming. They curl up in the folds until they are almost like part of the bed, then they fall asleep. They are the very image of peace and contentment and of living in the moment, with a fair amount of hedonism thrown in. The best food, the warmest, softest sleeping place, the sunshine - they enjoy it all with no thoughts of "I don't deserve this" or "I shouldn't eat this, it's TOO good" or "I had better get to work." They are my mentors.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Juliet my toy mini schnauzer is part cat. She walks on me when she wants me to get up. Goes crazy when she is fed. And does the groom, knead thing with blankets on my bed. Her favorite is to get on top of the pillow stack and sleep as queen of the mountain.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html