Page 199 of 590 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 199

tomi is offline Senior Member
    We have to take our vacations in the late winter due to the nature of my husbands business (boat repair). So, coming to the upper east side of our country will most likely be a retirement years trip. We tend to crave a little warmth in February Haven't done a tropical thing for a couple years now.......... hoping Feb 2014 will find us in hawaii! this year we are Rv'ing it down the Oregon Coast.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Got up a few times in the night - on purpose - to feed the woodstove. I hope it is saving propane. My furnace has been running nonstop for a few days now, and I am a little worried. Just because I'm a worrier. What if I run out of propane? (The tank was just filled.) What if the furnance breaks? (It is almost new and my landlord and his brother contract with a company to respond in four hours or less.) But I can't help worrying when it is this cold. It is one thing to heat with a woodstove when it is 28F. Quite another when it is -5F.

Today I am going to venture out to the pool. Feel like a fasted workout this morning to shake the dust off -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Had a great swim, I was full of energy. My new mask worked great, no fogging! And I could see. Always a plus.

Came home with a powerful hunger and downed smoked salmon with sour cream and chives on romaine leaves. Then had some blueberries and cashews. Yes, I bought some cashews. (Hanging head in shame) And a little kombucha.

Brought in several loads of firewood. That definitely counts as exercise. I've had the wood stove going nonstop for about 32 hours. Nice and warm in here and the furnace is off. It's a balmy 16F. After I swam, I went in the sauna and then took a hot shower. When I stopped at the grocery on the way home, I had to leave my coat in the car, I was completely overheated. Still am! I'm just a cold climate girl.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Saw Les Miz. I give it a Meh. Who let Russell Crowe sing? What we they thinking? What in the bloody H were they thinking? Let's see, there's this part that doesn't really require any acting because he is really one dimensional, but it requires an excellent singing voice, so let's hire a brilliant actor capable of playing virtually any complex character, make him into a puppet and require him to sing, even though he can't...but what do I know?

But when I came home, I had a magical experience. It is cold, still 16F, but it was so beautiful outside I stepped out and went down to the shore. The moon is almost full and it is very bright but cloudy. No stars, but a large and magnificent ring around the moon - I've never seen anything quite like it. Then I heard a call - hoo hoo hoo...hoo hoo. A Great Horned Owl. I called back and it answered. I stayed out for quite a while, got good and cold!

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    How very primal of you.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    So lovely about the owl!

And I agree about Russell Crowe. This is why Dawn French, brilliant actress as she is, will NOT take singing roles. She was offered the role in Mamma Mia that went to Julie Walters, turned it down because she can't sing.

Wise woman indeed!

Did a lot of sleeping, which is okay because I have to work tonight. Had some broth with chicken, and a pear with blue cheese and walnuts. It's a brilliant sunny day, but I don't know how cold it is. I think it supposed to be warmer. I wonder where the owl is, and if I can find it. I've never seen an owl in the wild.

Hello from work. I'm so full of energy I had to run the stairs a few times. I wonder if I'll have a crash later? I don't know why I'm so energetic, other than eating a nice but rather dull dinner of salad and a sausage with butter. Well, a lot of butter. Maybe I'm burning off my ketones?

Watching Patrick Stewart's Macbeth. Man, that is one creepy version of the Scottish Play. Horror film for sure.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe if you keep talking to it you'll get to see it?? Did it sound close by? We have owls in the forest behind our house. One night we were sitting the hot tub and we saw this "thing" sitting on our fence. When the "thing" moved we could make out the outline - it was an owl! I love hearing them talking to each other on summer nights! And a couple times they have flown over our yard while we were in the hot tub - silent and elegant flyers! I love owls!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation