Page 198 of 590 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 198

Calibunny is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tazo tea is from Starbucks, right? I think I've seen it there...Thanks, i'll try it!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, and you can often get it at larger grocery stores or speciality stores - Tazo is a high-end product. IMHO one of those expensive things that is actually worth it. (Although not all that expensive.) I'm a huge believer in KE tea . There aren't a whole lot of things in life that are unequivocally good for you and super-delicious.

I had a large ribeye steak rubbed with smoked paprika and other stuff accompanied by mushrooms and onions sauteed in a variety of herbs, chicken broth, olive oil and butter. Really, really, really good. BW Cat kept me company but didn't seem too interested in the beef. Probably too spicy for him. I'm feeling better and not so achy.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Smoked paprika would be lovely on a nice steak, I'll have to try that. Your dinner sounds lovely.

And yes, the cold sucks. So many of us seem to be in the deep freeze at the moment. Your temps sound downright balmy to me at the moment. We might warm up to your weather by the end of the weekend, if we're lucky.

Yes, I understand there are several cold fronts stalled over North America at the moment; a gift from the Arctic! I think we are actually pretty lucky because it isn't really that bad here. The temp drops below zero (F) at night but during the day it gets into the teens. We have no snow cover here which makes me worry about the wild things. I don't know how they survive if they can't dig down into a nice insulating snow pack and drowse away these cold days and nights. But we human beings are fortunate not to have to be fighting our way through snowdrifts. Bright sunshine today. Most of my windows overlook pine forest; it could be summer.

The woodstove is going and I am using this cold morning to do some housework (badly needed). I want to move some furniture around also. I just can't seem to stop moving the furniture. When you live in as small a space as I do, every bit counts.

The carnivores are very, very lively today. A Formula 1 racetrack magically appeared around my bed about 6 AM and they took full advantage. Luckily it vanished about 8 AM, and now they are resting up for their next adventure.

Was quite hungry this morning. Had a sausage and some broccoli slaw dressed up like a salad and roasted in the oven for awhile. Then I put some strawberries in the blender, whirled them around with some heavy cream and stevia, and put them in the freezer for half an hour. Highly recommended. Oh, and a clementine. I'm hitting the fruit too heavily this morning, aren't I?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Two hours of hard labor and the place is looking different. I can't say it looks better, but it is more functional. I also went through some papers which have piled up - the bane of my life, papers everywhere. Often it seems to me that computers make things worse instead of better. It is so easy for people to send you tons of stuff, and to print anything you want, it's never ending. Back is a little touchy now!

Think I will go swim this afternoon. Didn't go this morning because I find I fritter away the whole day if I do that. Sometimes that is okay! But I really needed to get this stuff done around the house. I went through all my professional licenses and certificates and threw out the old ones and made sure I have all the current ones. Of course in a couple of months I'll have to do that all over again, but that's the way it is.

Whew!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a very productive time Siobhan! I am somewhat jealous actually ... there are times I wish I had time to do all those kinds of things. Nothing like having your home tidy and clean and organised - I only truly feel relaxed when it is like that. Try keeping a house tidy when you and two kids live in it 24/7! Sorry you have been so very busy at work ... I used to hate it when that kind of stuff happened!! Hope you have a really good break and rest now. I also hope you also get the sugar cravings under control again, do you think it could be hormonal? I have serious sugar cravings that appear like magic at certain times of the month.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    I have no idea how to put a link in a post (or anywhere else for that matter!) but here is a web page where Robb Wolf and Kevin Cann talk about serotonin levels and their effect on food cravings. http://robbwolf.com/2012/10/05/serot...food-cravings/
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Hey thanks, the link works fine! I stopped taking the melatonin and the sugar cravings are gone - I don't know for absolute sure that was the problem but it surely seems they were linked. I'm concentrating on being strict for a few days - NO SUGAR. Not even a little ketchup or anything like that. Watching my fruit intake too. It was horrid having that terrible craving. Meat and green veg for me.

My expensive skin products are here and I am very happy. The bottles are very large, twice as large as the drugstore stuff I was using and the products are very concentrated. I don't think they are really all that expensive taking these factors into account. The face wash lathers up beautifully using just a tiny dot instead of the handful I had to use of drugstore stuff. And of course I will be gorgeous.

I don't know how you ladies do it, if I had a family my house would be a wreck or I would be a raving lunatic. Okay, probably both. I can barely keep ahead of the dust mice and it's just me and the cats. The laundry is atrocious and I am careful about not washing stuff too much.

Pretty cold! 12 F. Screeching, howling wind. Gorgeous sunset.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I just love the descriptions of where you live........ it must be absolutely beautiful! Hubby and I have talked about a trip to that part of the world someday......
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There is a good reason why our license plates say "Vacationland!" And we love visitors!