Page 197 of 590 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 197

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You are strong. The sweet siren song of the yummy cups cannot sway you!

It was supposed to snow a lot tonight. It snowed a bit, but then it stopped and now the snow is gone. I don't know where it went because it is quite cold and not windy. The Case of the Disappearing Snow. Of course maybe it is just waiting for me get off work to unleash its fury. It doesn't really matter to me with my snappy snow tires, but of course other people have the nasty habit of getting in accidents and blocking the road, which is a real problem when there is only one road.

Good night food-wise. I had brussels sprouts, broccoli, and ham. Kombucha. I have some smoked salmon for later.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, the snowstorm was a bust. It went offshore and we just got a dusting. I'm not heartbroken. I woke up to blazing blue skies with wispy white clouds (after I removed my sleeping masks).

A rather strange sight is greeting me in the mirror. Tufts of hair stick out on my temples on each side. It is becoming more apparent as it grows longer; currently there is a lot of hair about 1 1/2 inches long. I hope it is something that is really only noticeable to me, but I am smoothing it down rather more often that I used to. I am going to try to stay strong and stop coloring my hair. I think I can really do it this time. From the growth that I have now, it appears to be completely gray with a few silver strands.

Mark's posts are co-sleeping have me appreciating my cats more and more. They are really perfect sleeping partners. They don't disturb me at all but they are very comforting. I can put my hand out anytime and find warm fur that starts purring. You can't put that in a box and sell it.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ah, the beauty of a primal kitchen. Woke up hungry...didn't know what I wanted to eat. Got a large bowl and in went salad greens, broccoli slaw, red peppers, avocado, smoked salmon, EVOO, BV, lemon juice, sour cream, chives. Ate it with my fingers. (Maybe TMI there) Then strawberries with heavy cream. Got those endorphins flowing for sure, have that kind of high feeling I often get after a really good meal. Off to work now.

SPLAT!!!!

That is me...falling off the wagon and getting run over by the wheels. Last night it was a PB cookie, tonight it was a brownie with chocolate peppermint icing. Holy moly. What happened to my primal high? Got smooshed by sugar cravings, that's what! Okay, time to get it together. Luckily this is my last night of work until Saturday and I will be away from this temptation. No will power and overtired.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I think my Dragon must be visiting you 'cause she's not with me.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Sugar Cravings

Yep, she is with me. CRAZY sugar cravings. Is it just that eating sugar leads to more sugar? Or something else? This week I started taking melatonin, something I have not taken for awhile. As far as I can tell from my half-ass research, melatonin is supposed to CURB sugar cravings, not cause them. And help you sleep, of course. Is it somehow having the opposite effect on me?

I have a hunk of blue cheese in my lunch bag and so I ate some of that hoping to calm the cravings with something totally opposite and I feel a little better. At least I am sure I can stay away from that cabinet full of brownies.

Woke up this morning and remembered why I went primal and gave up grains. Aching everywhere! Back, knees, shoulders, hips. I feel like I've aged 30 years overnight. (Or in my case, overmorning.) No more baked goods. NO FLOUR. How a cookie and a brownie, albeit large ones, could make me feel this bad is disturbing.

Had a BAS with ham and a half a cup of coffee with heavy cream. The coffee is in honor of my not having to work tonight, to help wake me up so I can get some things done and also enjoy my afternoon and evening. Tonight is science night on PBS and it is all new programming! Yes, I am a geek, why do you ask? Another thing I have not had for awhile is beef. I seem to do well on beef, so a steak might be in order this evening.

Vacuumed the whole place, that is a nice feeling. Fire going in the woodstove all day, so cozy in here. Must go to the post office and the grocery.

Back from errands. My hands are frozen! It is 7F. Going below zero tonight. That is without the windchill. I don't know what that is, and I don't really want to know. But I don't plan to go out again, much as I would like to go swimming. But I don't like the evening 1-hour swim period - the whole feel is wrong. And the wind is howling!

Calibunny is offline Member
    Hi Siobhan - bummer you had to work so much, but at least you'll have extra $$$ to buy those expensive skin products! Or those cute wool slippers...you deserve to treat yourself!

Question: what the heck is Kill Everything Tea? i googled it, and got nothing.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    It's something I discovered by accident. A half and half blend of green tea and Tazo Calm tea seems to boost the immune system significantly, killing every bug that wanders into your system relatively quickly and seeming boosting your chances of not catching it. If you can't get Tazo Calm, a 2:1:1 ratio of chamomile: mint: hibiscus teas seems to work as well, if not better.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome