Page 196 of 590 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 196

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yep, it cuts down on both. Amazing how much time and wine go by when I sit in front of the screen mindlessly clicking between different sites. I'm trying not to drink anything at the computer, even tea or water. I'm trying to just do what I do and keep it as short as possible.

Here at work. Ate a big salad and a piece of ham. Ran around emptying the recycling, lots of carrying but not really heavy stuff.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well. My department is decimated by illness and injury. There are 9 of us. Six are down with the sick or back injuries. Two are away on family emergencies. That leaves...me...and believe me, I don't have any God complex or think I'm indispensable or that anyone will remember I stepped up to help out when times were tough. I'm really annoyed. I am, of course, getting paid for my time. Still, I have no desire to work 5 12-hour shifts this week. And on top of that, to have to stay late because my relief needs a 'light assignment' - meaning that someone else has to work a heavy assignment - yeah, I'm annoyed. Okay, enough of that.

Just had a large plate of carnitas with all of the fixings and thought about all the people here who have also enjoyed carnitas this past week. I have one more meal left, and then I will give that recipe a rest. Three huge pork butts in two weeks is enough for any one person! Also had a plain leafy green salad, a tapioca bread all crisped up in the oven, a clementine, and am now tucking into a cup of turmeric tea.

Did an unusual thing this morning. Left work and went to the pool. Swam for only 10 minutes - a class was going to start - and went in the sauna. Good long hot shower and then home. You might think I would be very tired and relaxed, but actually I was all energized. Slept for 4 1/2 hours.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Yipes, 4 1/2 hours' sleep!! Times like those are when most of my daily calories start coming from chocolate- albeit, unsweetened Ghirardelli :P
    The swim sounds wonderful- I feel that I often miss out, especially on nature and exercise, because I only have a little bit of time, but then I waste the little bit of time on the computer anyway.

Yah, if I spent 1/8 of the time exercising that I do on the computer, I'd be a female Mark Sisson.

Had a major fail this evening. Ate a large peanut butter cookie! I chose the PB because it has a lot less flour than the other cookies. Well, it's over and I'll move past it.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. Son #2 just made a pan of peanut butter squares, which he had at a friend's house and loved (even asked the mom for the recipe). PB, butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners sugar, and topped with a layer of dark chocolate. Presently chilling in the fridge. He really wants us to try a bit...I'm deliberating on a sliver. A little leery about the graham cracker part.

Really sucks about your work colleagues being out of commission. It's bad enough in a large facility, but is much worse when there are so few of you to begin with. Don't wear yourself out!

Be careful of those Satanic Squares. It will be hard to stop. I know this!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Satanic squares indeed, LOL

Just listened to Mark's interview with the Fat-Burning Guy. Very interesting. He always has something different to say. One thing that really resounded was that paleo/primal is and always will be a grassroots movement. The leaders such as himself are not going to change the government or laws. The change is going to come from introducing people to the movement and constant new growth. So right.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Yah, if I spent 1/8 of the time exercising that I do on the computer, I'd be a female Mark Sisson.
    You just described me
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Be careful of those Satanic Squares. It will be hard to stop. I know this!
    I managed to stick to a tiny bit. Unfortunately, it's giving me ideas about dark chocolate almond butter cups...