Page 192 of 590 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 192

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Those are pretty good. When I was looking at these crackers in the store I surprised to find they are relatively low in carbs, so if you can keep from eating the entire box in one day you're okay. And of course the cost! It's a matter of deciding it is worth the effort to work it in without having it take control. I think I am worse with crackers than I am with desserts!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Warmed up in the sauna.
    OH.......... what I'd give for a sauna............... I've considered trying to have one put in our house! If I had some money to BLOW - I'd do it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    I have to thank you for a wonderful friday afternoon, Siobhan! I was reading your journal and you were talking about swimming, and I just got the urge to go swimming! So when my youngest came home from school we just packed our things and went swimming. I had a lovely time with my youngest : he carried me around the water, we went on the slides together, we played...and then the little guy just hugged me and said "I love you so much" and I melted . I promised him we would be doing this more often!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

How wonderful! I am so glad I had a little bit of influence in your lovely afternoon. Water just brings out the best in people. Being in water is extreme primal!

I wonder how much it costs to heat a sauna? I often think of that while I'm basking in the warmth. My Y membership is a win for me and I'm afraid a losing deal for them - between the sauna and the long hot showers I enjoy four times a week, they are probably spending more in energy than my membership fees. Seriously, I figure I am saving $50 a month in hot water, which I heat with expensive propane in my little home. When I do shower at home, it's normally a quick in-and-out, not the luxurious scrubbing and buffing I do in the large, spotlessly clean shower stalls at the Y. I do love the sauna. There is something about getting really, really hot after swimming, and also the drying of the sinuses is beneficial IMHO. Yes, I know there is a school of thought that they are filled with germs and fumes and so forth, but I'm not in that school.

I've noticed a lot of new journals and am glad to see lots of people trying out the primal lifestyle and also seeking encouragement and knowledge from the group. I hope everyone has success in this new year.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I saw these in a magazine. Very interesting looking!

Wool Slippers for Babies Toddlers Kids Women & Men by WoolyBaby

No, I'm not getting any commission.

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I saw these in a magazine. Very interesting looking!

Wool Slippers for Babies Toddlers Kids Women & Men by WoolyBaby

No, I'm not getting any commission.
    They are cute!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

They look like the neoprene booties scuba divers wear, but a lot cuter!

Left for the pool this morning and realized I had a boatload of chores to do - wash and gas up the car (if only my car could consume refined carbs and get as gassy as I do...), hit the drugstore for nice-smelling body stuff, groceries. I realized how lucky I am that all these things are very close together in this small town. Swimming would normally be a fairly time-consuming way to exercise, but since it is right next to the grocery store, the drugstore, the gas station, and the post office, AND I have to shower anyway, it is really convenient.

So much for eating down. I came home with all sorts of delicious food, and had a large salad with turkey, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, red peppers, walnut oil, all sorts of good things! Then some blueberries with a tablespoon of heavy cream. The berries of all types seem to be unusually good right now. Is this my imagination? They are all Driscoll's, from California. Even delicious without the heavy cream!

Today it is 50 F. Last night it rained and the snowpack is almost gone. When I woke up this morning and looked out of the window I thought I was in a time warp. It is sunny and calm. Tonight a cold front is supposed to move in, but still it will reach the mid-30's during the day, teens at night. IMHO that is not really too cold for January in Maine. No storms in the forecast. I am very glad to have the studded tires because tomorrow morning when I am driving home, everything will be icy. But I will be very careful.

Well, I wasn't going to mention this because it's gross, but there's a primal object lesson in it, so I will document my nasty IBS symptoms and also the irritated bladder thing that is sending me to the loo every 15 minutes. And when I'm not there, I feel like I should be there. Sigh. This too shall pass. I had to have those crackers! Realistically, I probably ate too many of them. If I could have stopped at 4 or 5 I might have gotten away with it, but I had two full servings, 30 small crackers. Ah well.

At work now, crazy here! Good thing I have a lot of energy.

We have a new male janitor and a new ultrasound guy. They both are pretty nice to look at. Hey, I need to find enjoyment wherever I can in this place.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Go.find.enjoyment.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Go.find.enjoyment.
    HAHA! I concur.