Page 191 of 590 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 191

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You know cheesecake means sliver, just a thin sliver, where WAS your primal mind?

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I know, I know! That amount of cheesecake would have choked a draft horse!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Nothing much to report. I have to eat down because the refrigerator is in serious need of cleaning. I'm mostly there, so I can plan that fun activity for tomorrow evening, possibly. Funny how I go from so much food to almost nothing so quickly. Just had the last chicken drumstick with some cauliflower rice. I'm awfully tired but working tonight.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well. Went to the food co-op before work and went crazy. A bottle of apple and honey wine. A jar of fig and hazelnut spread. Ricotta salata from Italy to put the spread on. Strawberries. Rice crackers (!) A cheese magazine. Greek yogurt. Kombucha. Yikes. I have very expensive taste. All so delicious. I just dove into the fig spread with the cheese. Oh dear. So wonderful. Incidentally, there is no added sugar in the fig spread.

All of that sounds good; I especially love purple rice crackers.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Your food coop sounds fantastic. My tastes run similar to yours. True, not so cheap, but totally delicious.

Impressive on the new hair growth. I seem to be having something simliar going on, which is actually rather annoying, as I have to wear my hair pulled back for work in uniform. I have a ton of new little hairs all around the hairline, which fly out all over the place. At first, I though it was breakage, but I'm pretty sure based on the pattern now that it's all new growth. Weird.

I can't wait for all these new hairs to grow out! At first, when the hair loss stopped I looked at my scalp all the time hoping for new growth but then I forgot about it, so all this new hair took me by surprise. My hair is all over the place now. I'll have to see how it goes. I might get quite a bit cut off if I can feel like I'm getting a fresh hair start. I don't have strict rules, but it is awfully nice to be able to easily pull my hair back for work and all these short guys are making it hard.

Had fig and hazelnut spread, cheese, celery, and strawberries for dinner. A glass of wine would have gone down very well. Out of the question, of course, as I am at work. I went over to the ER and they were eating fat free yogurt with aspartame sweetener in it. Asked me if I wanted some. I graciously declined. (I hope I was gracious.) I was thinking, "Why would you remove the healthy fat and add fake sugar? Why would anyone think this is desirable? Did I think that way once?" Actually, I never did understand the fat-free yogurt thing. It was obvious to me that I could eat vats of the stuff and never be satisfied and a small serving of full fat stuff would keep away hunger pains for ages. Not to mention that it tastes 100 times better and the texture is much nicer. What would they have done if I'd pulled out my large container of full-fat Greek yogurt and offered them a nice dollop with fresh strawberries?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I also have a ton of new hair coming in. The best part about it is that I have far less gray than I did two years ago. My hair, which has always been mega thick, had gotten thin to the point of being able to see my scalp. Now is it thick again and no longer coarse. I'll take the short little stickyup hairs if it means I get smooth, silky locks.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Oh, if only mine would grow in silver and not gray! That is the best I can hope for now. I wish someone would do a study of hair quality and primal. Heck, I wish someone would do a primal study. Maybe there is a researcher out there who can come up with some funds and study people like us. I would be glad to be in a study, although obviously it would have been better to start when I was SAD.

Got some decent sleep this morning. Slept from 9 AM to 2 PM. Woke up pretty rested, although I am feeling a little tired now. Before sleeping I ate some rice crackers with cheese and fig/hazelnut spread. The crunchiness was wonderful but rice and I don't really get along. The crackers were terribly expensive, taste great, and are made with brown rice, quinoa, sesame, and flax. Can you say PUFA? I will not make this a regular part of my diet. The only complaint I have with primal is the lack of cracker-y crunchy things. I haven't found a decent substitute, and of course you quickly enter carb hell with these things. I've been eating lots of celery...crunch...crunch...but it's not the same.

My mom needs to have cataract surgery. I don't know whether to talk her into it or not. I want her to have good quality of life and the surgery isn't that bad, no hospital stay and little discomfort. But she doesn't do well with any disruption to her routine. She's leaning towards it.

Well, I have nothing interesting to say so I'll go clean out my refrigerator.

I've been eating these Edward & Sons Trading Company : Ingredients and Nutritionals
    No more than 4 crackers about every other day with my homemade chicken salad..