Page 190 of 511 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 5107

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 190

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    What to eat this evening? I have an embarrassment of riches in my fridge. Carnitas, chicken, fried cauliflower rice, avocado, strawberries.

I've decided to keep my fruit choices to berries until I reach my goal weight (7 more lbs.) Not that it is a sacrifice!

Big confession. I'm off the wagon. I just opened a bottle of white and am enjoying a glass.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Fell asleep very early last night. Was trying to watch a movie but didn't make it through. Slept great and woke up raring to go at 7 AM. That's the way it works, the day I return to work is the day I feel the most normal. That's the way it is. Despite vowing not to weigh myself until the end of January, I weighed myself this morning. Still 133.

I think my couple of weeks without drinking served a good purpose. Last night I enjoyed 6 oz. of wine and had not the slightest desire for more. The 'bottomless glass' phenomenon that I had been experiencing was gone. And I am working the next two nights so there is no giving into temptation for awhile.

Did some sun salutations, am going to do some more.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

More stuff -

Last night I simmered up a new batch of bone broth. All chicken bones. I had a lot of them from a rotisserie chicken and from the chicken drumsticks. Also put in the usual carrots, onion, and celery. This morning I did as before - skimmed off the fat, boiled it for about 10 minutes and added salt. Delicious. In fact I treated myself to a second cup. I added in the bit that was left from before, so I'm starting my own 1000-year soup.

This week I have thought that somehow I look different. Couldn't quite figure it out and spent a rather embarrassing amount of time thinking about it. Finally I realized that my hairline looks quite different. I looked closely in a hand mirror and saw many hundreds of short new hairs growing all over, particularly at the sides where my hair has always been thinner. That is why I look different. Less forehead! The hairs are all gray or silvery. I knew I had a lot of new hair growing but I didn't know the extent of the new growth. My hair loss is almost non-existent, even the normal daily hairs in the brush are greatly reduced. Apparently the doctor was right and I went through a follicle reset. This is definitely primal, without a doubt. It started about three months after I went primal, lasted for a few weeks and stopped. And now the follicles are producing again. Textbook timing. That is one of the reasons I want to start drinking bone broth daily, to promote healthy hair. Might as well add that my fingernails and toenails are rock hard with no trace of peeling or cracking, something that plagued me before. (OUCH) My skin hasn't broken out in ages. I often forget to put makeup on because there isn't anything to cover.

On the downside, my back is a little ache-y on the left side. I am attributing this to overdoing the sun salutations and so I will ease off a bit. Slow and steady wins the race...or the yoga session.

Awful lot of ME here! But it's my journal after all, and that's why I keep it.

Just spent about 40 minutes bringing in firewood. Towards the end I was sweating heavily and breathing hard. I found myself thinking, whew, I'm not sure I have enough energy left to go swimming and then realized that 40 minutes of wood carrying (up a steep hill and then up stairs) is actually quite a bit of exercise. Counts as moving slowly and lifting heavy things. I have plenty of housework left to do!

Drank a big glass of lemonade - one Meyer lemon, one pack of stevia, big glass of cold water. I get a craving for this every so often. Last night I had a whiff of grapefruit when opening a package of soap, and I think that set off a citrus twinge.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Well if you can't talk about you in your own journal, where can you! The hair thing is cool! I haven't noticed new growth, but I have noticed my hair looking better since starting with PB. Fortunately I'm blessed with good hair and doubt I'll lose much of it, though I am growing gray at an alarming rate.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Yah, you have nice hair! If you were going to lose it, it would have happened already. I have a pretty much irrational fear of losing my hair. I think I've mentioned that I have an older sister with almost no hair. No one else, including my mother and other sisters have lost hair, and my father had all of his hair when he died at age 45. But when I see women with no hair it strikes fear in me. I know it's crazy, but there it is. Two fears in my life. Heights and hair loss. But now I just have to find the courage to go gray.

You know what is really bumming me out? Cashews are legumes. I thought they were nuts! They grow on trees! I've seen them. But they're legumes. Oh well, just another reason to be very sparing in my intake. Grumble...grumble...grumble...

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! Cashews? sigh... I knew it was too good to be true that they were good for me. How about walnuts?
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

No, walnuts are safe. Nuts for sure. Pecans also.

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    I eat walnuts and goji berries everyday.. cannot keep cashews anymore, just too addictive.
    I did order another big can of macadamias, damn near needed a bank loan, sooo expensive,
    But at least I can control myself around them, so they'll last a long time.

2 org chickens ( simple truth brand kroger ) roasting in the oven now
    and have this side of the house smelling divine.

PrimalCon New York
    Right, I'll be over for dinner. Do you have any asparagus? Mmmmmm.

Okay, I binged. A big binge. Cheesecake. A huge piece. Feel sick now, headache and tummy ache. Just too much sugar. If I could purge, I would. I feel like lying down with a cloth over my eyes, but I have med rounds to do! Heal thyself!