Page 189 of 590 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 189

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My solemn promise!

Greensprout, you must take notes and pics and tell us EVERYTHING! I wish there could be a PrimalCon on this coast. There are great places for such an event, but obviously the major players are not in this area. Here in the Northeast, this hotbed of conventional medicine and diet, we need more primal awareness.

A kind of weird, well, not downside, but side effect that I have is so much increased energy than sometimes I find it hard to relax. While my mind feels like being slothful, reading or doing something quiet this morning, my body wants to move! So I'm doing housework. This is a strange, strange development for me. I slept very, very well last night - asleep about 2330 and woke at 8. Have been puttering around and have actually accomplished some things. If only I could figure out a way to put all this energy into something like earning more money. Must work on that.

Am Ifing this morning, and since I ate two chicken drumsticks after choir practice last night, I'm holding off until noon. I'm not hungry but wanting to eat, you know? Not going to, though. I am completely out of veg!
    Last edited by Siobhan; 01-09-2013 at 07:02 AM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Alas, I just received an email that tells me that Mark's new book isn't ready for shipping yet. I am comforting myself with a cup of Kill Everything.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Mwahahaha! The (anti) disease spreads!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

This sounds weird...really weird...really, really weird...but I am totally surrounded by sick people everywhere and I feel like some kind of odd alien lifeform. I mean EVERYWHERE. The grocery store, the Y, work (the staff), the library, the movie theater. I don't want to be sick, don't misunderstand me, but I feel very different. Isolated by my good health. I feel different anyway, as I nosh through my delicious high-fat meals, not counting calories, searching out butter and real cream while everyone else moans about being fat as they nuke their Lean Cuisines. But now that I'm powering through cold and flu season I'm truly a freak. In addition to KE tea, which is fabulous, I follow all the normal protocols for avoiding illness - handwashing, keeping hands from face, etc. Obviously I know all that stuff.

Maybe I can get everyone at work to drink KE tea? It's probably the least weird thing I do!

It was with great regret that I consumed the last of the carnitas. That stuff gets better every day. If you can stand it, I recommend letting it sit overnight. I have another hunk of pork ready to go this evening.

Guess who has the low-carb flu? That would be me!

Went to the animal shelter and spent an hour or so with the feline overlords. Then I went to the Y to swim. I was the only one in the pool! Apparently the lap swim from 2-3 PM isn't popular. After about 15 minutes I started to feel sleepy. Not tired. Sleepy. I rested at the end of the lane and put my head on my arms. I could have dozed off, but obviously this would have been alarming to the lifeguard. I swam some more and then went to the grocery store. I started to notice a headache and by the time I got home my head was pounding. Very unusual for me. I realized I have had virtually no carbs for awhile. Two sweet potatoes are in the oven right now.

Ate a sweet potato with butter and a big bowl of fried cauliflower rice. Am still a little sleepy but the headache vanished. Still, I had plenty of energy to do a boatload of cooking, bring in two loads of firewood, put the groceries away, and take out the trash. Also played with the carnivores and listened to a French lesson. Guess I'm not that tired.

Slept great - midnight to 8 AM. The wind was howling, howling, around 3 AM but I put in some earplugs and went back to sleep.

My new thing is sun salutations. I haven't done yoga for a long time, not since last spring when primal was very new. Back then I had problems with my back and my neck. I'm all good now and I was curious. Anyway, I ran into an old friend and we got to talking. She advocates doing 5 SSs in the morning and 5 at night as a basic maintenance program. Sounds good to me. And as I just said, I was curious to see what kind of shape I'm in for such things. Well, I was shocked. I am able to do them pretty easily. My leg now swings forward between my hands without strain. Funny how not having a big belly hanging down makes it easier. I have to drop my knees down to do the yoga pushup but I can maintain control all the way to the floor. It was all good. If you've ever done yoga, you will know that it is one of those things that looks easy but is very challenging. So it is with me, it's not easy but it is within my reach and I will benefit from doing this. Last night I did 3 on each side and this morning the same. I'll work up to 5! I've been doing squats and lunges at work, which probably helps too. I don't do the normal squat, but a deep bum-between-the-heels squat. I stay down there for awhile. It's one of those things that I instinctively feel is beneficial, and also just because I can.

Slim Cat walked around howling until I gave him some more food this morning. Very unusual for him! I hope all is well. At the animal shelter yesterday I met a very cool cat and inquired about him, but he is spoken for already. I hope he is going to a really good home. He has a big head and droopy ears, which gives him an interesting appearance. He is not a Scottish Fold, he had an infection that made his ears droop. He is being adopted along with a Siamese mix who is blind in one eye. What a combo! I hope they have long happy lives with much contentment in their new home. Then I met a wonderful friendly young cat who likes being held and carried around. But really, two cats is enough for me and for this small apartment. And that young cat will find a good home, he is so friendly and a very attractive tiger pattern.

I made carnitas last night but they aren't as good as the first batch. Isn't that the way? Still very good, but not heavenly like the first one. Maybe a night in the fridge has improved them. I hope so.

This morning after I posted I felt like swimming, so I did. The pool was freezing! Normally I like it on the cooler side, but yikes! If I had nuts they would have frozen off! I swam and swam but was getting chilled, so I got out after 20 minutes. Warmed up in the sauna.

The carnitas did improve overnight but they are still not like the first batch. Still very good. I had some with avocado, sour cream, and salsa. I've eaten an entire carton of salsa in less than a week. Good thing I carefully chose one without sugar, fillers, etc. Then I mixed some sour cream with heavy whipping cream and poured that over some raspberries. Yes, a heavenly lunch. That was my first meal today. Now I am enjoying a coffee with cream.

Slim Cat, who normally is actually afraid of people food, showed an interest in cream. He actually licked the bowl a little bit. I put some in a dish for him and he lapped it up. That would be great if he likes cream. I know it can give cats tummy upset/diarrhea, but as he ages I worry about him maintaining weight and muscle. He is so thin and his appetite is almost nonexistent. We'll see what happens.

This morning after I posted I felt like swimming, so I did. The pool was freezing! Normally I like it on the cooler side, but yikes! If I had nuts they would have frozen off! I swam and swam but was getting chilled, so I got out after 20 minutes. Warmed up in the sauna.

The carnitas did improve overnight but they are still not like the first batch. Still very good. I had some with avocado, sour cream, and salsa. I've eaten an entire carton of salsa in less than a week. Good thing I carefully chose one without sugar, fillers, etc. Then I mixed some sour cream with heavy whipping cream and poured that over some raspberries. Yes, a heavenly lunch. That was my first meal today. Now I am enjoying a coffee with cream.

Slim Cat, who normally is actually afraid of people food, showed an interest in cream. He actually licked the bowl a little bit. I put some in a dish for him and he lapped it up. That would be great if he likes cream. I know it can give cats tummy upset/diarrhea, but as he ages I worry about him maintaining weight and muscle. He is so thin and his appetite is almost nonexistent. We'll see what happens.

In reading this over, it looks like I've consumed an enormous amount of cream, but actually it isn't very much. The organic cultured sour cream is really dense stuff. Without fillers and thickeners, it is really concentrated and I quickly learned that a little goes a long way. I had maybe one tablespoon of sour cream and less than a tablespoon of heavy cream.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 01-10-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Hey! Did anyone see that Nova program on Neanderthals last night? We've all got Neanderthal in us! Grok gave us our immune system. Amazing stuff. Apparently homo sapiens interbred with Neanderthals and it worked out for us, particularly Northern Europeans, we have the most genetic material from them. Woot! I really am a Grokette.