Page 186 of 590 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 186

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Its a pain when you do everything 'right' and the meal just doesn't turn out right. Hopefully you can fix them up enough to make them tasty. Glad you have the nice snow tires!! Makes a huge difference I know. Our SUV has rather old tires on and it is a good thing that I don't drive much when the roads are not good. Growing up in a country where you don't ever have to deal with snow makes me a baby when it comes to driving in it. I am very happy to have 4 x 4 now though, we used to have a Lincoln Towncar (that I loved!!) but she really didn't do well in snow Glad others are enjoying your car too - eye candy is good for the soul I think
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The thing that made stocks easy for me, was putting two open containers in my freezer, one for poultry bones, one for everything else. Yes, they get a bit frosty, but not having to wrestle with the lids each time, made it easy to just toss the bones in there, and so I did. When a container is full, I cram the bones into my crockpot, and let it simmer for two days.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I think I fixed the stock. One teaspoon of salt and reduced by 1/3 - magic! I am thinking I will have half a cup or so a day for my first meal of the day. It will be easier next time. And my chicken soup tasted better this morning too. I wasn't hungry at all but I did eat because I'm going to be gone all day. I'm taking some provisions, but fasting did not seem like a good option. I'll be far from home and around other people. Looking forward to the opera!

Weighed 133 this AM!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Wow Siobhan, you sure are doing well with the fat loss - especially since you don't have much anymore. COngratulations And I am glad you are setting yourself up for victory by taking something good with you, too easy to be swayed by others grazing on crap! Enjoy the opera - that sounds awesome!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

The opera was fantastic! Really extraordinary. I am so happy that the Met brings grand opera to all of us out here in the sticks. And I am very glad I took smoked salmon, olives, blackberries, and kombucha. There is a lot of food at the theater, all of it junk. And that is too long to be without food. I'm really happy to return home without having to dive for the refrigerator.

I feel like I am in a losing pattern, you know what I mean? Maybe it is being alcohol-free. I was consuming a lot of empty calories that way. Wine does have some health benefits, and it surely is nice, but really it is mostly empty calories.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, my chicken stock is magically transformed into liquid wonderful. Tastes like a chicken dinner in a soup spoon. Beautiful complex flavor. Hmmm. Wonder if I will be able to reproduce it?

Mark's carnitas recipe looks fab - must make that tomorrow. I must, I must!

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I can tell you from experience that the carnitas are fabulous darling!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you're kicking that scales butt aren't you!!! Nice job! And good planning/preparing for your night at the opera! what fun!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Woke up this morning at 8:30 AM - had to be at church for choir practice at 9! Good thing I laid out my clothes last night. Was very surprised when I pulled out of the garage and there was fresh snow. The tires are fabulous! Really, really, really great. With the other tires I would have been sliding all over. Now my car is transformed into a little red snowplow. Don't worry, I am still driving very carefully. Lost my voice halfway through the service, but it doesn't really matter. The choir was very, very skinny because everyone is sick. I can't sing very well but I'm a warm body that takes up space so it was good.

The oven is full of chicken drumsticks that I got for a ridiculous price - conventional chicken, but I do the best I can. The pork is all ready to go in when the drumsticks come out. I'm off to see "Life of Pi" with a couple of friends. When I get home the house should be full of delicious aromas.

I'm sure I'm taking the weight off because I've reined in the carbs. Carbs are the product of Satan.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Carbs are the product of Satan.
    HAHA! Amen to that! Except for sweet potatoes.......... I think those are modern day manna! YUMMY!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.