Page 184 of 590 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 184

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Siobhan- wow, I'm impressed and inspired. Your post from 12/30 with the snow and the sky bathed in rose and lavendar? I felt so vividly the music from Aida, then sleep and waking to the howling storm as a process... a gifted writer!!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, campanella! You made my day!

Just watched Sugar: The Bitter Truth. Of course I am already on the bandwagon, so it's preaching to the choir. But I am so glad Lustig is saying this stuff, and fighting the good fight.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Here's to hoping for 126 over the coming month! You're doing so good! I too am giving up sugar and alcohol - not just for January, but until I have my weight at goal (140) and know that its stable. I will take a one week sabaticle in Feb. for our vacation though.

Happy New Year! I'm thinking I might just call it 13. Its not like people are going to be confused and think I may to referring to 1913!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I dunno - people can surprise you - not long ago someone asked my birthdate and when I said 6/6/59, she said, "1959?" I kid you not. Hey, maybe she thought I was from the future!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post

I'm working tonight with the two doctors I have a crush on. Is this good or bad? Bad probably. It's fun but not good for my soul.
    I have erased three comments regarding this. All too dangerous.

I just ordered the Sauce book. (That was what I came on here to say, before I got distracted.) I'm thinking after I break my fast with a sashimi feast (what else), a round of MOAR BURGERS with series of sauces will be a good way to try out the recipes.

I just made another one, the coconut avocado dressing. Very good. You have to like coconut though, because it is the major flavor as avocado is a more delicate flavor. I'm eating it on leafy greens with chicken. I like! I hope you like the book. Funny thing is I'm not really a sauce person. All the more reason, I guess. I have a lot to learn about that aspect of food.

Well, the main reason to have this journal is to keep myself honest and motivated. So I will just come out and admit that I am doing pretty bad at being sugar-free. Last night I ate the frosting off a piece of carrot cake. That was after having a nice bowl of Greek yogurt with honey and banana. This evening I caved in to a piece of gluten-free carrot cake, which is just about the carbiest thing you can eat, and also has given me heartburn. Rice...potatoes...not my friends. MUST...TRY...HARDER. I am, however, alcohol-free, which is not too difficult as I have worked four nights out of the last five. But I don't miss it at all. Gee, why would I miss it when I am consuming boatloads of sugar? Duh.

I watched a load of Sean Croxton's Underground Wellness vids on youtube. I like him a lot. Basically he says all the stuff Mark says in a pretty entertaining way. He has a likeable, personable presentation. Has anyone else noticed that lots of primal folk are really, really smart?

I watched his re-do of 'Sugar: The Bitter Truth', and it helped me understand it better on my second go-round. I want to check out some of his other videos. Any recommendations(he's got so many!)?

Yeah, that's tough on the sugar. We've all been there. Did you at least enjoy them (heartburn aside)?

Sad to say, I did enjoy them immensely. That gluten-free cake, which is made by a local bakery, is the best cake I have ever had. It tastes like the best homemade cake you can imagine. They make gluten-free carrot cake and chocolate cake. I wish they were horrible and nasty, but alas, apparently rice starch and potato starch are excellent vehicles for sugar and butter. Actually all of their products are delicious, but I can resist everything else. I also might add they are terribly expensive.

I really like Sean's 'Pooping' video. Yeah, not the nicest subject, but we all do it, we all want to do it better.

Hey, 134 this afternoon! Woo-hoo! Although I am weighing myself too much. I went from no weighing to weighing every day.

And I don't have to work tonight! I don't think I could. Just too stressful. The trouble is, at this little hospital, long stays are the norm. So I deal with the same patients night after night after night after night...you get the idea. But I have choir, after a two week-layoff. So nice to get back, such a great stress reliever. And we'll have new music tonight! I will also be glad to get back to more regular church services. I'm such an old-fashioned geek - I don't like the non-traditional services. Once in a while is okay, but not week after week like we get in Advent. And I quickly tired of the theme of the sermons this year, which were, "Families are so wonderful, when you are with your family you live in a constant state of ecstatic bliss," OR "If you're not with your family, you can still find meaning and still be happy somehow." I know the pastor means well, but she has no understanding of people like me who are quite happy, much happier without being around people all of the time, and find more meaning and happiness in the spiritual pursuits of prayer and meditation and don't need to go out and find it by doing some apparently second-best activity. And the sermons were these really cheesy, overly sentimental stories she wrote that everyone but me loved. I wrote a counter-story about a young woman who had planned a small retreat for herself over the Christmas holiday but at the last minute had to go help her brother's family due to illness. She did her best and kept the kids happy, fed, dressed, and reasonably clean but longed to go home and experience solitude and quiet. At the last minute her sister-in-law made an unexpectedly quick recovery and the young woman was able to return home and spend Christmas as she had planned after all. Of course I did not show this story to anyone at church. Or mention that I don't like the Christmas stories and would prefer the ordinary liturgy. Okay, I got that off my chest and rant is over.

The cats are grooming each other and purring, purring, purring...in a minute they will start wrestling and then they will chase each other all of the place...I'd better get out of the way!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just had a burst of activity. I realized that I did not remember the last time I cleaned my bathroom. Yes, I have scrubbed the toilet with some regularity. I've taken a swipe at the sink. But we all know that bathrooms need deep cleaning, scrubbing, hands-and-knees-and-elbow-grease. So I did. Was embarrassed at how filthy it was. Glad no one else has witnessed it. And now here I am admitting it on the internet! Well, it is sparkling now. Was also inspired to continue onto the landing and the stairs, and that area is sparkling now as well. Hadn't eaten since 8 AM, when I had a Niman Ranch hot dog before sleeping. (Had to, I was really hungry and I can't sleep when I'm that hungry.) Mark's post yesterday reminded me that I haven't eaten eggs lately, so I had two scrambled eggs. Oh so good. Feeling a little tired which is not surprising since I have worked the last four out of five nights. I am going to indulge in a lie-down for half an hour or so, and then will decide if I'm going to swim before choir practice tonight.