Page 183 of 590 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 183

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Just had some more smoked salmon cream cheese and chives. Excellent as long as I don't mind the dairy. The salmon is Ducktrap of Maine, excellent quality, and the cream cheese is Nancy's - no fillers or thickeners, just cream, milk, and live cultures. I do love this meal.

Just weighed myself. 134.5. My new goal is 126. Yes, I want to lose a little more. It's taken me a while to decide, but I want to really challenge myself to be as primal as possible, as sugar-free as possible, and alcohol-free through January. Might as well throw in a little weight loss, don't you think? Seriously, I feel like I should be lighter, and although I don't get to pick, I need to take it off from my waist. I'm thinking the sugar and the wine might be partly to blame for the squidgy middle.

Work tonight. I'll be ringing in the New Year from the hospital. Got a little scare when I found out a consulting firm is showing up in January to evaluate our productivity. This is normally a prelude to eliminating positions. Eek. The Boss insists we are all safe, but I don't believe anyone is safe from bean counters. Because I used to BE a bean counter. The only thing we have going for us really is the physicians. At one hospital I worked at they tried to eliminate us, and the physicians said, "NO. HELL NO. Find somewhere else to save money." I think they might do the same here.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Just weighed myself. 134.5. My new goal is 126. Yes, I want to lose a little more. It's taken me a while to decide, but I want to really challenge myself to be as primal as possible, as sugar-free as possible, and alcohol-free through January. Might as well throw in a little weight loss, don't you think? Seriously, I feel like I should be lighter, and although I don't get to pick, I need to take it off from my waist.
    You are my inspiration!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Thank you! Coming from you that is a big compliment as you are absolutely awe-inspiring.

Just found out how to use the rehab gym, which is open to employees after 5 PM and before 8 AM. I'm going to check it out and see if there is a pull-up bar.

How's this for a way to start the New Year? Someone just brought me an antipasto plate - salami, cheese, olives, nuts, pickles. I'm always joking - which sometimes doesn't work - when someone offers me a cookie or a cupcake, I often say something like, "Do you have a porkchop? I'd rather have a porkchop." Well, I've found it works pretty well at stopping them from pushing the junk. They never ask me twice or tell me it's homemade, their grandma's recipe, sugar is actually good for you, etc. after I ask for a porkchop instead. The antipasto made me very, very happy! I was pretty hungry and I didn't bring much to eat tonight.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I'm stealing the pork chop line! . Happy New Year Siobhan, hope your night is Q***t.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Yeah, sometimes it gets a laugh!

Happy 2013! For the first time in a good long while I am a bit sorry to see the old year out. It was a good one. It will be missed. But I am really looking forward to this new one, even though it is a bit awkward to say. Twenty Thirteen. Two Thousand Thirteen. Just doesn't roll off the tongue. And now the cool dates are pretty much over.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I dunno, I I'm looking forward to 2020, if only because it's the kind of vision I haven't had without help for 20 years.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hah, I'm older than you, I can't see that far ahead! (Groooaaaannnn)

Well, here I am having made it through all these artificial constructs we humans set for ourselves. I start to feel very Grinchy towards the end of the whole shebang. I get really tired of everything being closed at inconvenient times. Thank heavens we have a 24-hour gas station or I'd be totally screwed.

I have a Henri le Chat Noir calendar (google it if you don't know Henri) and today the caption is: Humans sleep late, then begin diet. On Saturday the 5th, the caption is: Humans give up on diet. So sadly true for most. Not for me! You'll have to pry my bacon out of my cold dead hands.

My big skylights facing south have been covered with snow for a week now. Today the sun is very bright and the snow cover has shifted. You wouldn't believe the noise it makes! Sounds like the roof is coming down. Also there are monster, monster icicles that I can see out of my window that fall periodically. Sounds like a body falling off the roof.

Food. I did just fine at work. In fact I was happy to see some relatively real food being put out for snacking - see the above post about salami, olives, cheese. After hearing my pork chop joke, one of the nurses said she often thinks of bringing in a pork roast but didn't know if anyone would like that. I assured her that I would indeed like that. More than like that. Can you imagine eating pretzels instead of pork?

I watched part of Sugar: The Bitter Truth but unfortunately fell asleep about 30 minutes into it. Hopefully will hear the rest tonight.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 01-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Antipasto plate! So much better than cookies! And, apparently, someone who listens. How nice. At one place I worked, a co-worker would regularly bring in home-pickled eggs. Mmm, so good!

I watched "Sugar: The Bitter Truth' in chunks. There is a lot of good information, but it could really use some better graphics. Also, I find there is a limit to how much science I can absorb at one go. It takes a while to sink in. Then I'm ready for the next layer.
    Last edited by Sabine; 01-02-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Next, not net. What is the net layer, anyhow?

I really like it - it's real science and a real scientist, not some numbnuts reading magazine articles and putting together some weird ideas.

I'm working tonight with the two doctors I have a crush on. Is this good or bad? Bad probably. It's fun but not good for my soul.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I'm working tonight with the two doctors I have a crush on. Is this good or bad? Bad probably. It's fun but not good for my soul.
    Well, that depends. Are either of them available?