Page 182 of 590 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 182

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    SS, I came in the other night after walking the dogs and told DH "you could read a book out there by that moonlight".. It was so fabulous. I tend to pray when I'm outside at night.

After about 2 months of primal living, I told DH he would have to keep the junk out of the house. He has a workshop with little fridge so he could keep all of the crap out there. This happened for a couple of months, and then he told me he wanted to "do whatever you're doing". I think he was taking notice of the compliments and my extra energy. He's always been tall and lanky so he didn't think he ever needed to eat differently.

Now, he eats everything I cook except for all cruciferous veggies.. I send healthy lunches with him, no more sandwiches and chips, he tells people how much better he feels and sleeps. He came home one day last week and said he had pizza and some sugary stuff at the office and felt awful all afternoon. He said, "I think it's best to stay away from $hit like that". "You are so right, honey", I said.

ragwort is offline Senior Member
    Fabulous ... I'm waiting for that day ...

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    What a difference a day makes! Last night at this time I was all tucked into bed with a good book and purring cats. Tonight I'm at work and have been running nonstop since I got here five hours ago. Yeah, my buns of steel are getting steelier, I lost count of the stair running. I had a banana with some honey, had to, had to. Just had a couple of the burger patties I made earlier today. I'm exhausted, going to take a break now - I hope -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sorry it was so busy last night Siobhan - exhausting when things are like that. Glad for the steely buns though Hope you sleep well today.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

What an ordeal I have had. Still, I am marveling at my own energy and ability to deal with what has been thrown my way. After the grueling night, I tried to sleep a little at work before driving home, to let the snowplows do their magic, and the sun also. That part of the plan was semi-successful. It was way to noisy to get any rest and after an hour I left. The roads were dramatically better than they had been, so I was happy about that, but when I got home the drive had not been plowed yet. I weighed my options, which were severely limited, and fetched the shovel and started in. After a truly vigorous half hour, I had shoveled my way into the garage. The hard part was when a plower (not ours) came to do the neighbors...I considered offering him a twenty to make one sweep so I could get in the garage. But didn't. Then I considered asking the neighbors if I could park there until our guy showed up. Didn't do that either. Just laid into the snow and got it done. I was truly exhausted by this time, but happy the car is safe in the garage and I am safe at home. Had a lot of trouble getting sleep, as is common when one is overtired. I had a cup of Tazo Calm and put Aida, one of my favorite operas, in the DVD player. Next thing I knew it was Act Three, so I turned it off and got some real sleep, maybe four hours. Woke up to howling, howling winds. So howling that I first thought someone was either trying to get in or at least trying to get me to come to the door. But it was all the wind. The carnivores were curled up right next to me.

I obviously need snow tires - probably studded snow tires. I feel a bit pale at the expense, but I can't take chances with either my own body, other people's bodies, my car, or other people's cars. If this is an indication of what we are up against this year, I will need every last advantage I can carve out for myself.

On the other hand, I am astounded at my ability to deal with all this stuff, both mentally and physically. A year ago I probably would have muddled through somehow, but there would have been tears and despair. This year I just dealt with it and it was okay. I didn't take it personally like the universe is out to get me or anything like that.

Now it is really beautiful, all the fresh snowfall down to the ocean and the sunset is bathing all in rose and lavender - no picture could do it justice.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Lordy, Lordy
    Do you work tonite?

No, thanks be to God. To be honest, I probably would have called out. I may be a primal princess, but I have my limits.

I have learned a couple of things today. Did you know that cashews and blueberries are really wonderful together? They are. I'm afraid they are probably too good. Also, the best way to eat salmon trimmings - take some really good cream cheese - if you can find some cultured stuff, go for it, it's worth the money. Soften it up a bit in the wave if you use one and mix in some chopped chives. Then just dip the trimmings into the cream cheese and enjoy. A bit messy but it is seriously delicious.

Yay, no work.

I can keep a big can of macadamias and limit them to about 6 or 8 per serving.
    I cannot stop myself with cashews; I just keep tossing 'em back. I refused to look their way in the mkt on Friday.
    I will buy some this wk in your honor.. I have some org frozen blueberries which we love (DH still eats oatmeal).

Normally I count them out carefully but this morning things got a little out of hand! I'm sure I ate twice my normal serving.

Just had a baked sweet potato. Rubbed the outside with coconut oil and baked it at 400 for 45 minutes. Perfect! Ate it with a bit of Kerrygold and pink Himalayan.

Yes, I have indulged today. All primal all the time! Alcohol free.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ooh, that sounds delish, with the salmon. I had smoked salmon for breakfast, wrapped around mini cucumber quarters with cream cheese. I'll have to look for the cultured stuff, although I think I'll be back off dairy for a while once our holiday cheese assortment has been consumed.

As nice as the snow looks, I agree it can suck big time. I'm lucky that I have others around to deal with moving it (hubby and manchildren). Kudos on sticking it out without calling in help, consider your LHT done for a few days, at least.