Page 180 of 590 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 180

notthepapa is offline Junior Member
    hey Siobhan

just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your diary- I can relate in so many ways.
    It was the goat in your very first entry that caught my attention- I got goats for Christmas this year, ha!- and plain old great writing that makes me want to read it all- Thanks!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I think greens are very cleansing, but then so is garlic! Maybe the garlic killed something in your system and now you can flush it out with greens and lots of water! Sometimes I think we unintentionally hit a detox button and then we smell. Not always a bad thing even though not pleasant at the time ....

Man, I wish someone could mistake me for a kid!! My butt is not anywhere near that point YET! I told DH the other day that I need a shopping trip to the thrift store - I have been reading about your hauls and am ready to track down some fun clothes that fit me better than the stuff I am wearing at the moment. Sad story, DH bought me a really cute shirt (cowgirl style) and I love the colours, the size seemed great initially, but once it was on and buttoned up it is way tight across my shoulders and bust! And it was a 2XL shirt ( I like loose clothing) What a bummer. I guess I may need to go with guys shirts instead
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for stopping by, notthepapa! I've been thinking of starting a new journal because this one is getting really long and I'm in a different place now. I went by and saw the goats I used to live by...miss them! They miss me too. How can I talk landlord into some goats? Lucky you!

You might be right about that detox thing, Coll. I certainly have plenty to rid myself of! I stayed primal, but way, way too many carbs, and the wrong kind. The smell has gone away - I haven't showered - somehow it is dissipated. I'm sure the smell was actually coming from my skin, not from my pits or bits. Reminds me that I need to eat more greens! Every day! And not blame garlic.

Too bad about the shirt. I keep thinking about that green sweater set I left behind as too small...was it really too small? Hmm. Might have to go see if it is still there after the holidays (shop is closed until after New Year's). I strongly encourage you get some things from the thrift store. It's economical and environmentally friendly too! Getting some new things really motivated in a way I had forgotten I could be motivated. And I can't afford a lot of new things, nor do I need to go buy lots of stuff.

We're in the teeth of a huge storm. I had quite a harrowing trip home from work. Luckily I don't have to work tonight - if I did I would have called out. There is too much snow for my little car. And I am sad to say I might need to think about snow tires. I made it home and then got stuck in my own driveway, which had at least four inches of unplowed snow. I was so tired I briefly considered just leaving it there blocking the entrance, but of course I didn't. I shoveled and worked and made a spot for it, then got it unstuck. I have to inquire about the plowing, because nothing has been done. It's a mess, although the road looks much better than it did when I got home. It's been plowed, and the snow briefly turned to rain, so it looks like wet pavement instead of being all snow-covered. I guess I need to get some exercise and get out there and shovel at least the entrance. But for now I don't need to go anywhere and I have just lit a fire in the woodstove and I'm pretty hungry so there is bacon, avocado, and a big salad in my near future.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Before I forget, I want to chronicle a really nice dream that I had. Mostly my dreams are pretty weird and kind of unpleasant, at least the ones I remember. I have such a weird schedule that I long ago gave up worrying about dreams. But I had a dream today that I was talking with my dad about books, and we had read and liked the same one, and it was written by the husband of a good friend of mine who died last year. I told my dad that I knew S--, than he was D's husband, and it was just one of those nice conversations. My dad died in 1972, and we never had a conversation about books that I can recall. Maybe I am thinking of him because the anniversary of his death is coming up - January 2. I don't get horribly morose but it is certainly bittersweet around this time. What wouldn't I give to talk to him for an hour! Maybe that is why I am talking to him in my dreams.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Great post by Mark today, and one that really hit home for me. Because, not to brag, I've been pretty successful with this primal thing. And I think he has great ideas that are really accessible for me and obviously for many others, and I can't wait to read his new book. Also, I think he is also changing, evolving, refining his blueprint, and also getting to be a better writer. He has published several books; they are bound to get better.

Well, I'm off to shovel!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I have worried about you driving in the snowstorms up there and wondered about snow tires. They really should have some guy in a 4 wheel drive truck come pick up and take home the personnel when it's dangerous to drive little cars (like most single women have). Stay safe.

I am enjoying Mark's sauces and dressings book you recommended. Btw, you need to send him your story

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ditto on the submitting your story to MDA...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm so glad you like the book! It's scary to recommend books to people and have them actually purchase them. I got a couple of notices from Amazon that some people had purchased the book after reading my review and I couldn't decide whether that was good or bad. But I'm going to go ahead and do what I think is right and not worry about stuff like that.

I would submit my story, but I don't have any before pics and no way of taking any decent after pics. I would love to have my pic taken barefoot in the snow like Unconquerable Dave. Not gonna happen, though. And I don't have a six-pack or anything like that. I'm just a normal-looking kinda attractive young-looking 53 year old woman instead of a frumpy, dumpy, miserable, fat, tired 53 year old woman. Which is actually a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I have worried about you driving in the snowstorms up there and wondered about snow tires. They really should have some guy in a 4 wheel drive truck come pick up and take home the personnel when it's dangerous to drive little cars (like most single women have).
    I totally agree. The night shift people (read: Me) really get the shaft. So much falls on me because I am the only one on duty in my department. I can't come in late or leave early...well, I could...and get fired. The day shift routinely does that but when I mention it would be nice to have the favor returned, I get blank, steely looks. So you know what? I'm going to call out if it's not safe. If I'd known how bad it would be this morning, I wouldn't have gone in. I have to look out for myself because no one else cares. Not at work. They seriously don't give a sh&t.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yep, ck the hourly on weather.com and go from there.
    (And work on that new job out there waiting on ya:-)