Page 179 of 590 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 179

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, if there is reincarnation, I'm coming back as a bear! Yep, the days start getting short, I'll gorge on delicious fattiness, have a lot of sex - mind you, the male will be looking for a nice plump mate - then when I feel like it I'll fall asleep for a long while and when I wake up, the kidlings will be practically grown up and I'll be all slender and nicely muscled.

I might as well put down my eats for the day so far. Started the day with the rib eye portion of a porterhouse and three cheese bread popover thingys. Tea with milk. Smoothie a couple of hours ago, also a pear. Four oz. red wine. I've made the mashed cauliflower (I understand it reheats beautifully) and the rib roast is ready to go into the oven.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

BW Cat smells like peppermint, I have no idea why.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Okay, I've had porterhouse and rib roast on the same day. That's insane. But I can say definitively that I might as well have a porterhouse instead of going to the trouble of cooking a rib roast. Maybe just save that for restaurants. It's not really a lot of trouble, but it's messy and not the easiest thing to handle, especially compared with cooking a steak. My mashed cauliflower wasn't as good as the first batch - this tasted more like cauliflower. There is a lot left, I wonder how to temper it down, get rid of that sulfurous taste that I'm not so fond of? Maybe more garlic. But all in all the meal was good. Ate two more popovers, and being the carb addict that I am, that was the best part of the meal. I love the way they are all crunchy on the edges. I can't believe how many of them I ate, but I am glad they are gone. I cannot have those around the house. Zero willpower. Also I had a large salad with pesto dressing and I'm washing it down with some kombucha. I'm happy to go back to a more normal pattern tomorrow. Will swim, eat leftovers, and work tomorrow night.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Chloe smells like ham, and I'm pretty sure I know why.

Sounds like Chloe had a merry Christmas!

Well, a big storm is barreling this way, although this morning is sunny and pleasant. It snowed on and off yesterday but left only a dusting. I only hope my commute home tomorrow morning won't be too horrible.

Woke up not hungry this morning. That's really no surprise. I feel like I've eaten enough in the last week to carry over for awhile, although we all know it doesn't work that way.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a good Christmas and I am sure we all love compliments!! Soak them in and enjoy We have rather yukky weather here at the moment - more snow expected tomorrow aternoon. Hopefully your night is a good one and your drive home is uneventful!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Me too! We are all anxiously looking out of the windows. Snow is supposed to start after midnight and change to rain in the morning. Hmmmm. Sounds like Mother Nature is purposely tormenting the night shift. Oh well.

I was walking down the hall near the pharmacy - a non-patient area - and I heard someone calling, "Excuse me! Can I help you? Excuse me!" I turned around and saw one of the nurses. I said, "What's up" or something like that, and she burst out laughing. She said she thought I was some kid come to break into the pharmacy. Didn't recognize me from behind! Yes, I do love compliments.

Tummy is a little dicey. Well, a lot dicey. I'm having, shall we say, an intestinal upset. I feel fine, but am staying near bathrooms.

The pool today was thick with young men. Kids home from college, I guess. One guy was wearing his Calvin Kleins in the sauna. I was amazing myself with my lack of self-consciousness in walking around in a swimsuit in front of 21-year-old guys. (Like they're looking at an old fart like me.) I went in the sauna, waded through 'em and climbed up on the top shelf. Felt like telling a couple of them they are getting soft in the middle. It's a whole lot easier to take care of it right away than to let it go. I know this for a fact! But of course I can't tell strange young men they need to eat more meat and less carbs. Totally inappropriate.

Well. I have to admit something. I smell horrible. I wonder if it is the garlic? Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the garlic. I had a boatload of it today. And yeah, I smell garlicky. Ewww. It's really putting me off!

Just ate a huge pile of leafy greens. Just bare pawed 'em. Any one else feel like greens are cleansing? Unscientific, but I do.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    How can they NOT be cleansing?! They're so green! I love greens. Making a batch this morning to have with my eggs- red chard and napa cabbage(okay, that is a white, but still yummy).

How great that your back view looks like some kid!