Page 176 of 511 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 5102

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 176

ragwort is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Siobhan ... I'm loving your posts ... I read them most days. Thank you ..you take me out of my life and give me a very special window on some else's! I am a 56 year old primary teacher in England with a husband and two nearly grown up girls. I have been mostly primal for nearly a year now and experiencing as much fun as you are having with clothes etc. I visit charity (thrift?) shops regularly to keep up with my changing wardrobe needs. My only real problem have been bras!!! Keep writing as I love reading.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hi Siobhan,
    I'm new to paleotrack.com and was wondering if you happen to have the nutritional information for fish oil supplements. I'm not sure where to enter the 1000mg fish oil (made up of salmon, herring and mackerel) I discovered which fatty acids to list the EPA 180mg and DPA 120mg under. Can you perhaps help?
    Have a great day.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    You probably are at the 'create custom foods' box - change it to read 'fill in all nutrients - supplements.' When you get there, there will be tabs at the top - choose the one you want. If you have any problems, email the site owner using the link - he is super nice and very helpful.

Thanks, ragwort! I'm so glad to know you are reading my posts. I know people are reading because I notice the counter going up all of the time, but it is really nice to hear from people. Of course it's nice to hear that people like reading my posts although I would also be happy to hear from those who think I'm crazy.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Hey Siobhan, sounds as though you are doing well. I do read your posts all the time - but have been inundated with life lately so have not been getting to everyone's journals as I would like. I will have to try the cauliflower options you were talking about - I am always looking for new ways to try and get DS to eat cooked veggies...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

I highly recommend the mashed (potato) cauliflower - very, very easy and quick and so good.

I'm taking a little break from swimming because I have a minor eye infection. It's been bothering me for a few days and I think swimming is aggravating it. It's nothing and I would like to get rid of it! And I really don't want to take any antibiotics or anything like that.

Many errands to run and then have to rest for work!

Anyone seen "The Hobbit" yet?

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Haven't seen the Hobbit - not my thing.

Sorry about your eye. Hope it clears soon. You can use OTC neosporin to help it heal.

This is one of my favorite cauliflower recipes courtesy of Bobby Flay. Cauliflower-Goat Cheese Gratin Recipe : Bobby Flay : Recipes : Food Network of course you have to do dairy.
    Last edited by Pedidoc; 12-22-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Wow, that sounds wonderful! That would be a great takeaway dish dish to make sure I can have something primal.

Huge thrift shop score once again. Two pairs of Levis cords - fashionable style - not skinny jeans but form fitting - in chocolate brown and bright red. Yes, I got my red jeans! Love them! They appear to be new, no sign of wear. AND a truly beautiful Talbots twin set, chocolate brown with gold pattern, cashmere and silk. New with tags, $6. I regretfully left behind a very nice green cotton twinset. It was just too small, but it looked great with the red cords. I'm never going to wear size small unless I have a breast reduction. And I'm not having a breast reduction, not voluntarily anyway. Also got a fun hat and two plates to go under my plants and a pair of lace up chukka boots that are lined with sheepskin - will be very good for wearing to the pool. I'm a little uneasy about leaving my expensive boots and shoes on the rack at the Y - I don't own any cheap footwear. Now I do! And they are actually kind of cool, very unlike my normal footwear which is decidedly frumpy. This entire haul cost a whopping $16.

Started my day with two fried eggs, the last of the roasted red pepper sauce, and three pieces of bacon. Two cups of herb tea. Just had a square of chocolate. Have to rest now for work tonight.

The power outage had an unfortunate effect yesterday - the local grocery, Hannaford's lost power and their generators failed. ALL the coolers and freezers were out. The waste! Makes me ill. And the sad thing is that they were unable to sell the stuff - the law does not allow them to sell from nonworking cooling equipment. I can see the wisdom in that, but honestly, all that food gone to waste. Literally enough to feed the entire peninsula for a week. So sad. All those animals died just to be thrown out.

At work, busy busy busy. I'm really bummed because the jazz program I listen to on the radio isn't being streamed online since the radio station changed hands and so I can't listen to it. (Radios don't work in here.) I emailed the DJ a coupla times, that made me feel better. He played some requests for me even though I can't hear. I hope they start streaming again soon. The DJ told me to tell the patients to put on some classic jazz, get out of bed and dance! He doesn't know how right he is. More music, more dancing, more happiness, less cigarettes, less booze, less negativity in their lives would do more than all those pills they take.

Well, obviously I need a support group. For some reason I purchased and entirely consumed a gluten-free pumpkin mini-pie. I did this knowing that rice and potatoes are just about as bad for me as grains. The unpleasant symptoms are many. For one thing, I smell. After not being smelly for ages, I can tell you with great assurance that I smell. In fact I can hardly stand myself and need to get right into the shower. My hands are swollen like I'm wearing clown gloves, and they are red and itchy. My feet, knees, and elbows ache. The heartburn that I had before I went to sleep this morning has thankfully gone, but I am foggy brained beyond the normal tiredness. I'm not mentioning the IBS systems. Of course you know why I did this, don't you? Because sugar is like crack to me. I had a couple of candies that someone gave me in the spirit of Christmas, and that led to a binge on the stuff. And it was easy to tell myself the gluten-free pie was a good choice because...well. no reason really.

Why doesn't anyone ever offer me a pork chop?

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Why doesn't anyone ever offer me a pork chop?
    Or bacon??????
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html