Page 175 of 590 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 175

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hah! My mom and I are totally the opposite! She opens everything and I always wait.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Whew! I'm in a kind of paleo high. I say 'paleo' because, except for a minuscule amount of sugar in the fish sauce, I've been strict paleo today. I must be secreting massive amounts of oxytocin or something, because I just totally love the world and want to feed everyone whole food and banish grains from the planet.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Whew! I'm in a kind of paleo high. I just totally love the world and want to feed everyone whole food and banish grains from the planet.
    I could use some of that. Can you package it up and send it northwest?

---------------Whoooooosh-------------

Well, last night I managed to do something that I have often stated was not possible - I got drunk. Yep. Swimming followed by twelve ounces of wine consumed during the cooking and eating of the fried cauliflower dish led to a state of intoxication that I haven't experienced for some time. Woke up a teensy bit hungover. I couldn't figure out why I had a slight headache and a bit of achiness and touch of nausea...ewwww...yeah...that's why...

Anyway I've drunk a boatload of water, a cup of tea, and am on the road to recovery. Not going to do that again any time soon!

Hey! Since the world is going to end tomorrow, be sure to have a good time today!

Had some leftovers and a clementine - feel better now. Slim Cat let me trim all of his nails with great equanimity, while BW Cat fought me like the tiny tiger that he is. Slim Cat is not a lap sitter, but he does like lots of love on his own schedule and terms. When he wants chin scratching, he MUST have it. It doesn't matter what else I might be doing. BW Cat, on the other hand, is a lap sitter and will stay there for hours and hours when he is in the mood. This combination can, at times, make it difficult for me to get anything done.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I got drunk.
    Was this before or after the 'paleo high'?

LOL, I guess it was after! (Or maybe that's a rhetorical question!)

Went swimming, had fun. Had some Greek yogurt and blackberries and pistachios for lunch. Yacht Club party tonight. (Seems so weird to say that.) Tomorrow is another party - a small dinner gathering. Other than choir practice and the Christmas Eve service, that is the end of my obligations. I'm toying with the idea of inviting an old friend here for Christmas, but not sure. Oh wait, the world is ending tomorrow. And I was gonna make primal brownies!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    That darn Mayan calendar is messing up everyone's fun!!!! Make the brownies tonight......... but don't eat them all, just in case the Mayan's were wrong.

12 oz of wine makes you drunk? Me thinks you are a light-weight! I have a very high tolerance for alcohol (to my detriment)! I can drink a tall long island iced tea - and barely feel it. Two is just about right for the buzz factor. I've never tried more than that!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I'm an extremely cheap date. Twelve oz. is way over my limit! I have no tolerance for alcohol at all. However, I normally fall asleep before I get drunk. Also, I am just not a drinker - of anything. I rarely get thirsty and I don't even drink water. I know this is bad, but it's just the way I am made.

The Yacht Club party was great! The funnest party I've been to in a long time. I wonder if I can get a special party membership? Where I just come to the parties and don't use the yachts? I have no idea how much the membership is. I think if you have to ask you can't afford it. Rare for me to go to a party and be so busy talking to people that I don't make it over to the buffet. And there was plenty of primal food on that buffet too! The better the restaurant, establishment, etc., the more primal the food - what does that tell you? This buffet was loaded with shrimp, sausage, smoked salmon, beef, turkey, ham, olives. There was not a corn or potato chip to be seen. Anyway, it was fun.