Page 170 of 590 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 170

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I like the way women look in cargo pants when they are a bit loose, soft and worn a bit (the pants). Somehow the texture of the worn fabric accentuates curves.

I have no doubt that you deserve the compliments! :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Heehee. There are too many good responses to that, David.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Don't give up on the farmer yet ... maybe he has a sick cow or something. Most of the farmers I know don't get on the computer much because of real time stuff going on ... just a thought. Those pants sound nice
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you need to let the farmer know you are more interested in talking to him in person and not in being just an email buddy?

I'm jealous of your baggy pants!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I just sent the farmer a email asking if he wants to meet up. We'll see! I know people get busy, especially farmers and most especially farmers with kids.

David, I think a lot of people feel the way you do about cargo pants because mine made quite a splash. It's so weird to be getting all these compliments and comments and stuff. All in all I had about ten people compliment me, what is that about? Magic pants? Should I permanently affix them to my lower half? Should I wear them on a date (if I ever get one?)

Woke up this afternoon with a crazy craving for meat. Dreamed about hamburger patties. I'm serious. Ate some sausage. I have some seriously delicious tomato sauce leftover from the brisket (of course the brisket itself is long gone) and I'm thinking of having that with some eggs. Must go to grocery.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Just bought Mark's new book. I wasn't going to and then I realized how much I owe Mark and this website which is free. And I realized that I will eat more salads if I can dress them with something other than oil and vinegar.

Off to the store now, am going to get a steak or maybe just some ground beef and make that red pepper sauce he posted a few days ago.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I have put Mark's new book on my wishlist for this Christmas as I know it would spice up our food. I can get pretty boring with what I prepare and having some options will be very nice. Now we'll see if I get it If not I guess I'll have to make a plan in the New Year to get it myself. I can certainly do with some ideas. I did not learn to cook until I was in my late 30's due to various circumstances - so my cooking, while appreciated by hubby and family, is sometimes lacking in variety and inspiration...

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

I just had two hamburger patties with Mark's red pepper sauce and I have one word to say: WOW! Try it. It is very spicy and flavorful, so if you like bland food this is not for you. It is not really hot, however. I used half a jalapeno and that was fine, also I did not use the seeds, although next time I might put a few of them in. It is taking all of my willpower to not eat the rest of it right out of the bowl with a spoon. (I'm too full, though.) Coll, if your family likes sauces and garlic and onions and peppers, they will like this, but those are nightshades, right? Anyway, it is delicious. This is a recipe I file in my mind under 'restaurant food' - this is something you would pay a lot of money for in a restaurant. The only caveat is that I actually liked it better before I put in the coconut milk, although of course that adds nutrients and healthy fat.

I have the ingredients for the oregano mint marinade, so that is next. The only basil available was $5, so I held off. But I think the pesto dressing is in my future.

Well, I guess I wasn't that full after all. No, I didn't eat the sauce. I fried a banana in butter, added honey, coconut milk, a pinch of pink Himalayan salt and topped it all with toasted sliced almonds. I can't believe I can eat like this and feel so good and not be fat. Everyone needs to try this way of life. I feel so sorry for people on the SAD. At the grocery I was in line behind a really obese woman, clearly restricted in mobility - she had a cart full of Lean Cuisine, crackers, snack food, sugary drinks. Makes me want to cry.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is the most frustrating thing isn't it!? My BIL has just had major surgery - double knee replacement and they (SIL too) are downing the grains and sugars and fruit juices at top speed. I just cringe when I see what is going in and wish I could talk them into trying primal for a while. He is pretty anti any 'diet' (his wife is a life long dieter) and can't conceive of giving up grains. My daughter always tries to convert people at the store by talking loudly about how bad various foods are for you. Both of my kids are appalled when they see what people put in their shopping carts and get very concerned about the peoples health prospects. Once I am at a better weight I am going to carry pictures in my wallet of me really heavy and then hopefully I might get the opportunity one day to encourage someone else to try primal. You just never know...