Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Carbohydrates are the product of Satan. I know this for a fact. They are worse than alcohol, heroin, and crack all rolled into one. Worse because they are legal and not just readily available, often they are ALL that is available! Oh, to live in a primal world...

Slept like a log last night despite drinking a large glass of milk right before going to bed. I was hungry AND thirsty AND tired and so I thought milk would be a good choice. Apparently it was as I didn't even have to get up to pee. So add dehydration to the mix! I have a carton of good raw milk from a local farm. That stuff is so delicious. The cows are probably eating hay right now, the taste is quite mild and sweet.

After the great reading experience I talked about a couple of pages back I can't read just anything, so I went through a couple of false starts, finally hitting it right with Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloane. Written very nicely in the first person, a meld of old books, modern technology, and a mystery without murder or mayhem - very entertaining.

Had two scrambled eggs from the new farm I have discovered nearby that sells excellent eggs. I can take them from the nests if I want. The chickens are very friendly although the geese are very protective.

Off to swim now -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan, every now and again I will do a glass of raw milk just before bed for similar reasons and I find I sleep really well on it So glad you have access to good stuff. There is nothing like fresh eggs - just don't try to hard boil them and then peel them. You need older eggs for that in my experience. Did you know that fresh eggs that have never been refrigerated stay fresh for more than two weeks on your counter? Great way to save space in your fridge... I find that all the veg and meat take up a LOT of space in my refrigerator! Glad the chickens are friendly - until you find a broody - that can be an interesting experience LOL.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, you live in a Paleo/Primal paradise! (nice illiteration, huh?). We have a farm (the one I do my CSA with) that has a fancy store with produce and dairy and wine and cheese. They sell local meat and commercially available organic meat and eggs. But the prices are crazy high. They sell raw milk from another local farm. I buy it sometimes, I'm not a big milk drinker anyway, but I really like this kind. I often skim off the cream for my coffee too. Yum!

Full disclosure... I have been having a sporadic problem with bread (I'm so ashamed). SWMBO and Boy love crusty baguettes and she will sometimes buy one from this bakery nearby when it is fresh and I am only human. I have found that if I eat a piece, even a small one on an empty stomach I get heartburn. However, if I spread butter on the bread, it doesn't bother me at all. I wonder what that's about?
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    With apologies to Benjamin Franklin:
    "Butter is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    David, this is OBVIOUSLY a sign that God wants you to have plenty of butter in your life.

+1!

No, I didn't know that, Coll! I am glad that I do because refrigerator space is very much at a premium here. The eggs are only $2.75 a dozen, hard to beat that. I have been eating lots of them.

Confession - I went on Match.com and have been exchanging emails with an organic farmer who lives about 20 miles away. He raises organic and natural beef, chicken, eggs, and also has a large hay business. Is it bad to have ulterior motives...thinking grass fed steaks every weekend...

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    And what's HE thinking? Heehee!

Just put a mushroom and butternut squash casserole in the oven. Just squash, onions, mushrooms, sage, thyme, cheese layered like lasagna. I used to make this with soy cheese for a vegan friend. Can you believe I did that? The soy cheese always gave me severe indigestion, along with everything else soy. I remember it was delicious, though, with regular cheese. I hope it is good as while I was making it I remembered why I haven't cooked 'recipes' lately - it is bloody expensive.

I have kind of a dilemma. When I was at the pool today, some kids came in - a regular group that comes in every Friday afternoon. There are several groups of kids that have pool time. They were in the locker room, running around, and they peeked at me in the shower. This has happened a few times. Now I am not overly modest, but it is upsetting to me to have these girls gawking at me like that. Today it occurred to me that perhaps no one has taught these girls that this behavior is totally inappropriate. And maybe it is time that someone did. In fact, someone needs to. So I asked to talk to the pool director, but she had stepped out. I let it go, but I plan to say something. This makes me distinctly uncomfortable and it is wrong. I don't want the girls to get in trouble, but I honestly think they need to be told this is wrong. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    And what's HE thinking? Heehee!
    If he's as good looking as his pic, he can think almost anything!

phigment is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I agree that carbs are the devil's calling card. That is probally why i think gluten = glutton, imho.