Page 164 of 590 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 164

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Actually, I was virtually speechless for some time!

Mom kisses and cat purrs can make anything better!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I made the turkey/sweet potato hash in the Weekend Link Love. Don't bother. A waste of ingredients, I am sad to say. It was very blah. For one thing, I don't think turkey has enough flavor and oomph to hold up to the other ingredients. Maybe if you did some major seasoning revamping. But why bother? There are so many other great things to whip up.

I have to report on a book I read that is so good I can't stop thinking about it. It is a young adult novel called My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher. I don't usually like dysfunctional family type stuff. For one thing, books like that just seem to go over the same ground, over and over and over. Somehow Pitcher takes on alcoholism, eating disorders, grief, bullying, and a couple of other nasties and tells a great story AND manages to bring it all to a satisfying but not exactly happy ending. The amazing thing is that this is her first novel. I can't wait for the next one, which will be out shortly.

Finger is sore but not as sore as you might think. Typing is hard.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Just ordered it along with Pycnogenol supps

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good to know about the hash. I'll stick with my corned beef and sweet potato combo.

I am already reading 'Katherine'. Do I have to put something else on hold at the library? Great title, I must say.

Yes, you do. You must read it. It is very short. Another amazing thing about this novel, the author says more in 214 pages than many authors ever say.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I've put it on hold at the library.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Glad you enjoyed the book - I have been around some of that stuff enough that I can't face reading about it too. Rather forget that it happens for a while, until it gets shoved in my face again. Sounds like she did a great job though by your description.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Oooh! Fingernail off - that is definitely high on the ouch factor!! YIKES! Hope it heals up really fast ... typing will definitely wake that little guy up .... have a good day recovering!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

The finger seems to be healing up nicely although it is still early days. I couldn't stand the thought of not swimming while it heals, so I rigged up a glove-tape combo to keep it dry. It worked fine. The glove is light gray and the tape is clear, so it is not even that noticeable. So I had a good swim, and also did an IF today.

There is a therapy pool in addition to the regular pool and often there are people working with handicapped adults. I wonder if I should look into volunteering or something to help out with that? I wonder if I can even do it? I love the water so much I want everyone to enjoy it. Today a young man was afraid to get in the water, and took a great deal of encouragement. But when he got in, he loved it! It was a beautiful thing to see.

Feeling better today. I had a nice weekend despite being depressed and the fingernail incident. Back to work tonight.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    my toes curled when I read you lost a fingernail................. eeeek! hope that heals quickly and a new beautiful nail grows in soon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140