Page 158 of 590 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 158

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Watched the first half of the Patriots-Jets game last night. I rarely watch sports on TV. After the second quarter I figured I wouldn't be seeing anything nearly as interesting in the second half and I was really tired and went to sleep. Slept for nine hours. I did wake up a couple of times and saw the stars overhead, and the moon once. Looked up the score of the game, 49-19! Glad I went to sleep.

Decided to weigh myself, which I haven't done for awhile. 136. Very pleased. I seem to be hanging out at 135-136. That seems to be the pattern now. Instead of the slow steady loss I had for the first 25 or so lbs., I go down in increments and stop at 3-4 lb intervals. I am glad the scale hasn't moved up despite my not really thinking about losing weight but just about eating primal.

Am treating myself to a really good cup of coffee this morning. I rarely drink it as it I get reflux if I drink even a little too much so it is best to strictly control my intake. That little aeropress device I bought a while ago makes the best coffee I have ever had. Well, except for in Italy and France. But since that is too far to go for a coffee, I'll take the aeropress.

I've reluctantly decided not to swim today. I have a burn on my hand that has finally started to really heal, and I unfortunately cut the same hand on a trash can, of all things. It is a little sore and slightly angry looking despite my ministrations. Also my friend is visiting and she is rather demanding, if you know what I mean. So no swimming today, although I would dearly love to be in the water. It is a beautiful sunny day and I think a hike might be in order. Maybe some sprinting. I have been doing my sprinting in the pool, which works really well. But I can use the sunshine.

BW Cat has an upset tummy, probably a hairball. He rarely gets them. Nothing wrong with his appetite, though! Cats. Always something.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Hope you enjoy the sun and sprinting. Sorry your hand is now hurt again! Amazing how easy it is to hurt something over and over - the proverbial sore thumb! Irritating I know .....
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Had a great walk. I did a bad thing. Confession time. I did some gathering. It started very innocently. I found a small piece of pine bough, very pretty, about eight inches long. I picked it up and told myself I would just carry it for awhile. Then I found another type of pine...then some fir...I had a handful of beautiful evergreens. I brought them home. They are so beautiful and smell wonderful. Obviously one of them is balsam.

I didn't sprint because this was my first outing with actual shoes on after several months of fives. My feet felt weird and constricted. I didn't realize how warm it is - in the fifties - or I would have worn the fives. I walked along the trail which follows one of our beautiful tidal rivers and then walked into the woods until I got to the little pond and sat there for awhile. Wow.

When I got home I decided to 'wash' the car. It really just can be rinsed off. I got a bucket of hot water and went over it once. The dirt just comes right off without any rubbing. My old car could be washed three times and still be dirty! Anyway, I went over it a second time with clean water and then dried it. Took about ten minutes! Was really fun. It looks beautiful.

I arranged the evergreens in a little glass vase I have, very old fashioned, handpainted, and kind of fussy looking. My brother gave it to me some time ago. I didn't like it at first but now it has grown on me. The simplicity of the greens and the busyness of the vase look really nice, IMHO. But what do I know, I'm no decorator. I only have to please myself!

Had a nice brekkie/brunch. Cut up a hot dog, some onions, cooked them for awhile in a frying pan, then cracked an egg on top. I sprinkled on a bit of cheese and put it under the broiler for a minute or two, along with a cheese bread from yesterday. Delicious.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    SS (Sweet Siobhan), I just adore the way you write. I surely don't want you to stop your journal, but your talent is very obvious and I feel like it should be making you $$. I hope in your new job search your way with words can be emphasized and utilized

Thank you, Judy! I hope so too.

Have you seen the success story today? He's gorgeous!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Yes he is.. That's something else I'd LOVE to read; a sweet, new man in your life.

Too bad he's a bit young for me as well as geographically undesirable. But you never know what will happen!

I made a little pizza from the cheese bread. Very good. The best primal pizza I've had and easy too.

Didn't sleep too well last night. Well, I did for awhile. Actually probably went to bed too early. Woke up at 3 AM wide awake. Eventually went back to sleep but woke up late, 8:30 or so, very groggy. I think I was not active enough, despite hiking and doing a lot of things around the house.

Yesterday at the used bookstore I found a nice copy of Anya Seton's Katherine, a classic novel that I have read at least twice in my life. I picked it up and immediately became engrossed. Really a terrific book. Also read Christopher Hitchens's Mortality, a very quick book to read. I still don't like him. He just does not come across as a likeable person. Brilliant, yes. Likeable, no. And not because of his beliefs. He seems like one of those extremely quick-witted and articulate people who uses their considerable gifts to put other people down. Maybe I am wrong. I hope so. Certainly he had many, many friends and admirers, so I probably am wrong. He suffered horribly with esophageal cancer, which is what killed him. Any smokers reading this? Be afraid, very afraid. Particularly if you also drink a lot. One nice thing I will say for him is that he had kind and understanding words for the phlebotomists who had the daunting task of drawing blood from his failing veins. People in hospitals who perform this often difficult task are easy targets for vitriol, yet Hitchens praised them for their skill and professionalism.

Okay enough, I'm going on a little outing - off to a neighboring town to look in the shops. I have no money at all, but I would like to be out in the world, around people for awhile.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I do think that used books store are such fun to browse! Not too easy with kids in tow however. Have fun out and about today.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, so much for not having money! I do have...um...plastic. Got some bathmats which aren't great but will do. Hopefully they will grow on me. I tried on some skinny jeans in a bright burgundy color. They looked great. I did not buy them. I would never feel comfortable wearing them, they are just not me. How does anyone wear skinny jeans? Even a small amount of constriction in my calves is too weird. If I found some jeans in that color in a more classic style I would get them. Anyway.

Got two nice soup spoons. Why two? I only need one. It's too weird to buy just one. A ceramic chopping knife, heavily discounted. A nice but inexpensive bottle of wine. Fondled a 10-inch ceramic coated non-stick cast iron pan, but did not part with the $70 required to own it.

Purchased and ate a small chocolate moose. Tried on some perfume that smells great but makes me sneeze. Found the perfect handbag but did not buy it. Will think about it. The shop has carried them for years; I can go back if I really, really decide that I want it.

In making the rounds of these shops I suddenly became very aware that I was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. Kind of shabby. I should have worn nicer clothes. Not that anyone noticed. The shopkeepers certainly did not snub me or anything like that. But I like to dress well for myself.

Halfway through shopping, Santa Claus arrived on a trolley. I know him pretty well. He is the pharmacist at the hospital. A local dance troupe did a charming routine. I stood there among the farmers and fishermen who had obviously come directly from their barns and boats to have the kids see Santa, and the wealthy out-of-towners who have vacation homes here. Either $15 jeans or $200 jeans. Weird.

I got a tiny little live pine tree that is too small to be much use as a Christmas tree this year but will do anyway. Next year it will be good. I replanted it in a larger pot already. And a cat cubby thing that I hope they will sleep in. They were very interested in sniffing it but didn't go inside. We'll see.

It's getting colder by the minute - apparently a cold front is moving in. I lit the woodstove. Ate two cold chicken legs. Thinking about opening the wine.

Tomorrow is a live HD performance of Swan Lake. I think I will go. Maybe I can scare up a companion - must send out an email to my posse.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 11-24-2012 at 02:00 PM.