Page 140 of 523 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 5222

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 140

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well. BW Cat has decided not to eat again. I poked and prodded him all over, particularly his belly, and he doesn't seem to have any pain or lumps or bumps. He is very happy to be brushed and coddled, but isn't very energetic - he is normally VERY energetic, at least part of the time. And the not eating. Oh dear.

I, on the other hand, am eating sausage and cabbage and onions with many, many spices thrown in, and some butter too. Really good. I went to the pool this morning and worked out fasted, which oddly enough I really love. If you would have told me several months ago that I would purposely work out after not eating for 14 hours I would have thought you were crazy. I even did some sprinting in the pool, which I would have also thought was not possible for me. I also did a lot of floating and drifting around, daydreaming.

Going to the Met Opera HD simulcast this afternoon, should be terrific. Of course I am worried about BW Cat though.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

BW Cat agreed to eat some calming supplements so I am relieved.

I ate a large amount of sausage and cabbage and followed that with blackberries in coconut cream. Went a little overboard! A bit too full right now! I ate freely because I won't be eating again until at least 5 PM. This will definitely be a 2-meal day. I'm at 800 calories, macros all good. Pretty low carb.

It was all really good though.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 10-27-2012 at 07:50 AM.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Mmm, that sounds delicious - though I will skip the coconut cream and do thick dairy cream instead! Glad BW cat ate something - hopefully he perks up by this evening... Enjoy your day!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating the pulled pork I made and the kraut I made last week. I'm feeling way better! I've always had an iron stomach so I was surprised when a couple of non-Primal days made me feel so yucky!

I'm glad we're all (including BW Cat) feeling better!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

The opera was fantastic, as I expect from the Met. And I'm really looking forward to The Tempest in two weeks.

I've made the unfortunate discovery of a natural hard cider, no additives at all, just apple juice, that has only 12 carbs per 12 oz. I say unfortunate because I've always avoided hard cider because of the carbs. Twelve is nothing, though, easy to work in. It is delicious. I'm enjoying a glass right now with some blue cheese and walnuts. Heaven.

BW Cat seems to be better. He ate some dinner and is acting normally. I hope that's over. I've looked around for a hairball but I haven't found anything. Which is both good and bad!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Somehow, I usually found the hairballs in the middle of night with my bare feet! That will wake you up quickly - eeww!

That cider sounds really nice - especially with cheese and nuts! Have some for me too Glad BW cat is perking up...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

I managed to stop at one cider. What a nice treat! (I need more treats like I need a hammer to hit myself in the head with.)

I also got a King Arthur Flour baking catalogue, which I nearly tossed in the recycling at the post office, but brought home for some reason. Lots of primal stuff there! Too much! What, you say, primal in a baking catalogue? Almond, coconut, tapioca flour and starch. Many different types of high quality chocolate in all shapes and sizes. Spices and extracts, again all high quality. Cheese powder - good stuff, not the weird stuff in the grocery store. Dried fruits sans sugar. Nut mixes. Parchment, baking sheets, oven racks. Scales, thermometers, mandolines, food mills. Clotted cream. Several types of coconut, all without sugar. And I don't approve of this - not primal at all - but quite a few decent looking gluten-free mixes - pancakes, pizza, bread, muffins, cake, brownies, cookies. Ancient grains - NO! - amaranth, millet, emmer.

Really, I should have tossed this catalog. Trouble.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    It's dangerous, that catalog. In my non-primal days it was where I got all of my baking supplies. I'm sure their sales department is wondering what happened to me...

I hope that when I am at my goal weight and concerned only with maintaining my health that I can indulge in some of the more Primal offerings. But not until. The catalogs come and they go right into the recycling bin unopened. I do this with the same bittersweet smile that one gets when seeing a former lover on the street.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Got that same catalog today, halfway to the trash I thought of your Brazilian bread and pulled it back

Throw it in, Judy! Don't listen to its siren song! It's the road to haitch! Be strong like David, throw it away.

I'm making pork today, the recipe from last Sunday. Seems appropriate for an overcast Sunday. A little chilly, but not bad. I'm relieved, to be honest. I just want to hang out, not do anything.