Page 139 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 139

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh my, I can so relate to how you are feeling right now! Chuck the carbs for a few days and get your body stabilised again! I feel SO much better today after eating decent food and low carb for just one day (after weeks of overeating chocolate and nuts!) I am craving veggies too - lots of meat and fat and veg is the trick
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain! Literally. It was a week of traveling and food debauchery for me, and I am suffering as well. I think a couple of clean, Primal days are in order.

Sounds like we're both glad to be home!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I have friends in Carb Hell! Let's all get the haitch out of here! I'm definitely VLC for the next few days. Not even any fruit. I've IF'd since 5PM yesterday and my mind feels better already. How do people eat so many carbs all the time? How did I do it? Or accomplish anything at all?

I'm going to have some sort of meat, probably sausages, and some green salad shortly. Not in a great hurry to eat as I am enjoying how I feel right now.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Since last week I dissed the Friday Success Story, today I will give it up for Shawn and his victory over Type 1 diabetes. I find it really, really inspiring when someone takes control the way he did, bucks CW, and has a positive outcome. It is pretty timely for me as I just spent three days with a couple of women who have "allergies" and many, many health problems yet continue to eat things they are "allergic" to.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Wow, just had a fantabulous meal. Nothing fancy - Thai coconut soup with fish and mushrooms, served over leafy salad greens. Liberally garnished with lime, cashews, and cilantro. Swoon! Ridiculously easy to make.

Feel so much better tonight!

Well. BW Cat is sick. He was hiding in the closet for awhile, and he won't eat. For him not to eat is epic. Oh dear. Trying not to worry.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Poor Kitty! Hope he's better soon!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Uh oh, sick kitty is never fun Hope whatever it is clears up really soon - hopefully it is just a fur ball or something simple like that. And yes, I am SO out of the carb hell! Not a perfect day by any means, but much, much better. Your food always sounds so interesting! I should come and take some lessons
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Hope your kitty clears up soon. Yes, I've been getting worse and worse about which carbs I ingest, and I intend to fix that, starting tomorrow.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Thanks all, BW Cat seems better, still not up to snuff, but he ate a little and I saw him drinking. I hope it's something easy and disgusting, like a hairball.

I am feeling much, much better. Basically I have realized that I can no longer eat refined carbs in any quantity. I don't know what goes on biochemically, some kind of weird insulin production or something, but I turn into a depressed zombie. No thank you. Pass the meat and veg.