Page 138 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 138

tachikomoo is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Amazing! Thanks so much! I'm going to try all three Stupid question time -- can you eat the skins? I've been peeling them but it seems like such a waste...

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you can eat the skins even if they don't look nice. I usually eat them, seems a waste otherwise. The pears I get locally are not organic, but the trees are sprayed before the fruit forms, so I feel it isn't too bad.

Also, do not use sweet onions for soup - use ordinary white or yellow onions. The sweet onions will lose all their taste by the time the soup is ready.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 10-22-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Well, I just got a wonderful surprise. I decided to clean out a closet that was piled high with stuff. Yes, I moved here in June and already my closets are hopeless. Anyway, in the bottom of a drawer I found a brand new swimming suit in a nice bright blue pattern that fits me perfectly. It is just what I have been wanting. I don't remember buying it! And it is 100% polyester, the kind that lasts just about forever. Woo-hoo! Going swimming this afternoon!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Went swimming and it was the most successful night swim to date. I made sure to be there for the 5:30-6PM slot which is supposed to be adult lap swim - and it was. There were a few kids in the therapy pool, but they were well behaved and supervised. I had a great swim, lots of fun. I don't think anyone has as much fun as I do in that pool. Wore my new suit and it was great. Hung out in the sauna for awhile, got reeeeaaallllly hot. Oh yeah.

I was happy the refrigerator is pretty bare, but then thought it might be good idea to have something ready to go when I get home on Thursday. I bought a rotisserie chicken (natural organic, lucky me, it was on sale) and ate a stupid amount of it. I was really hungry! Also had some mushrooms cooked with onions. I had (blush) only one serving of chicken left. Just one lonely breast. I consumed the rest. That chicken did not die in vain, and it's sacrifice is appreciated by me and my tummy.

So when I come home from the retreat, there is a container of mushrooms and chicken waiting for me. Unless I eat it tomorrow, which is a possibility. Might have to come up with Plan B or even Plan C.

Okay, just noticed some more weird stuff. I'm way more flexible than I was. I mentioned the other day that I was able to put my palms on the floor with my knees straight. So tonight I was lying on the couch and tried a few yoga poses. Shockingly I was able to do them easily. I haven't done yoga or even really stretched for months now. I tried a few standing poses - same result. Whew! When you get rid of inflammation in your joints, the effects are amazing. Maybe I will start doing yoga again!

Did some sprinting today - REAL sprinting. Enough foolin' around. I went all out, pushed myself as hard as I could. I must have succeeded because I felt like throwing up AND my legs totally gave out on me at one point. It was fun! Then I went to the pool and just played around in the water for awhile. Did a few laps, ran in the shallow end a bit. I thought that would help flush out the lactic acid.

Scored two pairs of pants at the thrift shop. They aren't that nice, but they'll do. These days I'm keeping my eyes open for regular pants that can be worn for exercising outdoors. I don't want a wardrobe of special exercise clothes. I don't do that kind of exercise anymore.

I'm off to the retreat!

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Have fun!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

A'ght, I'm back. Whew. Glad that's over. No, really. It was good, it was useful, it was fun. But that was enough togetherness for a whole year. I'm so glad to be back in my solitary cave with the carnivores, who conveniently don't talk. (They probably think the same thing about me.) And my car is all fixed and is running like new, hallelujah!

Stayed primal the whole time except for some gluten-free cookies. They were my only sin. That and too much chocolate. I will also admit to eating too much, and engaging in some stress eating. Meals tended to drag on and on, with a lot of sitting around the table talking...me getting bored and getting more food....finding gluten-free cookies...you get the idea. Much better to just eat and get up and go back to the fireplace. There was a lot of walking in an exceptionally beautiful place, and very good sleep was had. And so glad to be home! The carnivores were overjoyed to see me and raced around in a most uncatlike way. That probably had something to do with my oppossable thumbs and ability with removing lids from cans. I would like to think it is also their great fondness for me, but that is probably a fantasy. Doesn't matter. I'm home and we are all happy.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Welcome back. I love my family, but sometimes I like that I'm alone when I travel, so understand exactly what you mean!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Brought something new home from the grocery store. Not sure how I feel about it. Tapioca bread. Contains rice flour, tapioca startch, high oleic sunflower oil, pear juice, bamboo fiber. It is shelf-stable - will last for a year unopened. Each slice has 80 cals, 3g fat, 11g carbs, 1g protein.

This comes on the heels of eating too many carbs for the last three days. If I ever needed proof that I'm a carb-a-holic, I have it now. I ate those gluten-free cookies, which are carb hell. And chocolate that has a lot of sugar, unlike my normal 85%, one small square treat. I am slightly headachey, bloated, gassy, and definitely in a brain fog. I think I should go on a meat and leafy green diet for a couple of days. I hate this foggy feeling!