Page 137 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 137

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, enough salacious fruit talk! Oh yes, I started it...

After coming home from the deep and inspiring talk, I watched Fight Club, which in retrospect was a mistake and led to some very odd dreams. Maybe because I already had a brainful of things to think about, especially about our society, and then coming at it from a very different angle...whew.

Started off the morning with two hot dogs and guacamole. Pretty hungry now! I just took a steak out to warm up a bit. Maybe some sweet potatoes? I have some Japanese sweet potatoes.

Last night for dinner I had an apple cooked with ginger, cinnamon, honey, raisins, walnuts, nutmeg, butter and probably some other things. It was delicious. Very carb-y, but my total for the day wasn't bad.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Apple sounds delish!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Just ate a large ribeye steak and some carrots cooked in broth and butter. The kind of meal that CW would insist leads to gaining 20 lbs. and getting clogged arteries just by thinking about it. Feel great now, not too full but very satisfied. After a cloudy start, the sky has turned blue and it is warm and pleasant. Thinking about going to the Botanic Garden, which is close by and very nice.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Went to the garden and thoroughly enjoyed walking around there - it is so lovely this time of year, and no crowds. I'm really glad I went. Now having a large mug of tea. I do mean LARGE.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    The garden sounds nice... I'm at the outlaws... Seeing growing things would be nice...
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Really kicking myself because I missed a concert this afternoon! Need to keep a better calendar. But it was a nice day anyway.

Started off my day with cats jumping on my head in an attempt to get me to get up and feed them. Imagine my consternation when I finally gave up trying to sleep, staggered into the kitchen and saw they hadn't finished the food I gave them last night. Just not fair. I'm going to play turnabout and bother them while they try to sleep in the sun this morning. There they are right now, sprawled across my unmade bed, basking luxuriously, dozing peacefully...we'll see...

Had two hot dogs. Also grated up a carrot, an apple, added a small amount of raisins and walnuts, some cinnamon, cardamom, ginger. Very good. Kinda carb-y for the morning, but lots of nutrition in that little concoction.

I've eaten down my food pretty well. I'm leaving for my retreat tomorrow so that is good. Also the bigger of the two little refrigerators needs to be cleaned out. It seems to get yucky in a day or two. Not sure why. One problem is the tiny freezer that is NOT frost-free and in fact frosts up in a couple of days. I really need to just get a small freezer. That will be my project for the next month.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Started off my day with cats jumping on my head in an attempt to get me to get up and feed them. Imagine my consternation when I finally gave up trying to sleep, staggered into the kitchen and saw they hadn't finished the food I gave them last night. Just not fair. I'm going to play turnabout and bother them while they try to sleep in the sun this morning. There they are right now, sprawled across my unmade bed, basking luxuriously, dozing peacefully...we'll see...
    We didn't want food mom - we wanted the whole bed to sprawl across and you were hogging it!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tachikomoo is offline Member
    My littlest cat has developed this habit of howling and mewling for only FRESH biscuits. We've tried to get her to accept more primal food but she isn't interested in anything except tuna and butter... or fresh cat biscuits. She will also try to eat you (starting with your hairline) if they are not deposited promptly and HEAVEN FORBID that you forget to put some out before bedtime.

The other formerly tubby cat (still morphing) has taken to drawing back the covers with his claws when hungry which has led to him catching my lip from time to time... as if the 16lbs of butterball fuzz sitting on my chest wasn't enough to disturb me!

Sio, I think you're the best to ask for this, but I'm getting a veg box weekly and its really causing me to become creative with my cooking. This week we got pears and sugar pumpkin. Sugar pumpkin I'm planning on roasting with some cumin and salt (as I'm trying to avoid using it as a dessert) but the pears... I've never really been a huge fan of pears as a kid, and as an adult I'm hoping to rectify this. But every pear dessert I come across starts thus: 1 cup sugar, add flour, etc etc. Do you have any pear recipes you can recommend? The last time I tried pears was in a salad with goats cheese and fig dressing, and it was awful, even though it sounded amazing.

At any rate, have a fantastic time on your retreat!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, back in my entertaining days, I often served pears with cheese - brie and some type of blue cheese, like gorgonzola - and walnuts or pecans. Some raspberries and little squares of dark chocolate, or those super dark chocolate chips you can buy these days would be good too. Obviously there is no cooking involved here, just a nice presentation. I love pears, so I usually just eat them as they come.

They make good fritters, too. Slice them thin, dip them in egg and coconut flour and spices (like for pumpkin pie) and fry them up in butter or coconut oil. Don't cook them too long - they don't need much cooking.

I would make the pumpkin into soup - roast it, scrape it out, cook it in a saucepan with chicken broth and onions. Then add in some diced pears and cook for awhile. Add in those pumpkin pie spices or any spices you like. When it is good and mushy, 20 minutes or so, put it in a blender or use an immersion blender to make it nice and smooth.

Might have to go buy me some sugar pumpkins and pears...