Page 133 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5899

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 133

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Funny I read your post while noticing the spectacular sunset this evening - clouds all gray and pink and gold, the water glinting like silver - only lasted for a few minutes. So beautiful, any words I can think of sound trite.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Oh dear, spammers again.

I don't know the Portuguese word for 'stupendous' but if I did I would use it here as an adjective for Brazilian cheese bread. Why have I not had these before? I have eaten at Brazilian restaurants many times, in fact I have been to Brazil. Keep in mind I haven't eaten bread since April. I immediately put the recipe in Paleotrack.com. And since confession is good for the soul...I ate six of them. I was very low on carbs and calories until a few minutes ago, when I consumed the last of the six with a good bowl of homemade turkey soup. I'm ending up with a respectable 90g carbs and 1600 calories. For anyone's information, soup is greatly improved by the addition of a small amount of fish sauce. Yowzah.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Okay, saved the recipe to try!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

In the interest of full disclosure, I have a very slight headache after eating. Nothing jumps out, no MSG, etc. Nothing I haven't eaten before either. I rarely get headaches. In fact I never do unless there is some obvious cause, i.e. paint fumes, sinus infection. Although as I write this it is gone. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Feel really good - tonight is the first night of the rest of my life -

I highly recommend it. Read through the recipe before you try it. They are not kidding about the gelatinous, sticky dough. Very weird. But it tastes great and cooks up fine. Also surprisingly easy to clean up. I think next time I will make some little rounds that could be used to make sandwiches or little pizzas. Another nice thing is that tapioca flour is relatively inexpensive compared to say, almond or coconut flour. And this is a good use for the that high-oleic sunflower oil Mark approves of. Another thing is that the little puffs are shockingly good at soaking up stuff, like the homemade broth I used in my soup. (Homemade at the co-op, not by me) They remind me of Yorkshire pudding, which I dearly love but obviously can't have. I would make these to go with a lovely roast.

A few days ago when I brought in the plants, I left the catmint on the floor for the cats to have their way with. And they did, having a glorious time munching, chomping, gnawing. The plant, which looked none too good to begin with, is in shreds. I looked at it tonight and noticed new growth at the base. Maybe all that pruning rejuvenated it? I trimmed it up and put it in the window, out of feline reach. We'll see. One problem here is there is no source of green, growing plants for most of the year. The nurseries close up. I can't restock my herbs except by ordering seeds through the mail. Should have thought of this earlier.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    We have one cat inside and one out (they hateeee each other).

I keep a 6" square, 2" high clay pot with oat grass growing for indoor princess to have greens.

Keep a screen wire cut to fit for greens to grow up thru, that way she won't dig in the pot.
    I re-seed about every month and they stay thick and grow well if I keep the pot on the floor by a sunny door.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    A couple of years ago I bought one of those indoor hydroponic herb gardens, complete with it's own grow lamp. It actually worked well and had a variety of fresh herbs that were nice to have for cooking in the dead of winter. The refill pods were kinda pricey and the bulb broke and we haven't used it since. But this year I am considering making my own rig to have some fresh herbs and maybe some baby lettuce.

So many projects, so little time!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

I've seen those gardens and heard good things about them but blanched at the initial cost and also the cost of the refills. But I love having herbs around and so do the carnivores, who seem fascinated by green, growing things of all types. I have a pot of rosemary with grass growing out of the bottom and have provided that for them. They are busily munching away as I type this.

Someone has just told me the local extremely pricey nursery has herbs available until Christmas - must check them out today.

Well, I'm down half a pound today. Last night I was quite disgusted with myself for my cheese bread binge - well, half disgusted and half pleased that I have found a really good bread substitute for those times when nothing but bread will do. I tried one with smoked salmon and onion and now I can officially retire bagels as Something I No Longer Miss. This morning it feels good to have that out of my system.

Just spilled coffee down the front of my shirt. Glad it is an old t-shirt. Must get my day started. Beautiful sunny day, must get out for a hike. Must do some hammer swinging. Must clean this place up. Must go to library and post office.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Went for a sprint/hike on the local trail. Love doing this in my fives, but my feet got really cold. Might be time to put them away for the season. Did this in a fasted state, which is great. My cheese bread binge has left me with a bit of an upset tummy - duh - but it is easing now and I have some turkey soup heating up. I am happy to report the leftover cheese bread has no appeal to me this morning. Can't decide whether to swim or not. I think I should go and at least get wet.