Page 113 of 507 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 5070

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 113

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Have you every tried to get Henning Mankell in German or Elie Wiesel in French at the library? Well, you guys probably have the latter, but, wow, Vancouver is rather like a small town. I'm always reading something really off the wall and, basically, our library just doesn't cater. I mean, I was there the other day and left empty-handed. They didn't have a single Tibetan book! I know it sounds funny, but I'm serious. Like, I asked about Tibetan history books. The very lovely lady said: "Aren't they Chinese now?" And Italian books! Wow! So, I order, and I swear, Italian books are the most expensive books in the world. I don't know why. Russian and Chinese are the cheapest. German and French moderate. Spanish also cheap. I won't even mention what THE SPOON RIVER ANTHOLOGY (poetry) cost me last week -- used! The good thing about Japanese is that, although the prices are outrageous, it takes forever to read them:-):-)

You're right though. I'm making excuses. Well, after reading Siobhan's comment about what people end up arriving in at ER, maybe I'll order some new underwear. My bras are fine. Knitted most of my life -- especially socks -- but never made myself a pair. Maybe I'll order some yarn and then be able to catch up with my holes. That'd be a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    Pam, buy the clothes. You already have books. You can borrow them at the library. You can get your reading fix without actually shelling out money. But you do NOT want to have to end up shopping in your PJs.

Siobhan, it's weird to be at that point, isn't it? I've been buying without much thought, looking for as cheap as possible, because I won't be able to wear it long. But sweaters I get now, for example, I will probably be able to keep. Footwear, of course. Probably some tops. I am starting to think long-term for my clothes for the first time in a long time. It's going to take a while to wrap my head around it.

Tikka Masala, yum!

Ok. I'll do it. I don't suppose I get the reward first?:-)

Tikka Masala has tomato and vinegar, I think. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Pam, you are funny! GET SOME CLOTHES! Then get yourself a book as a reward!

Siobhan, thanks for the info about the sledge hammer. I am just going to invest in one and go for it. It just sounds fun! I also got some of the Tikka Marsala sauce and did zucchini fritters with some of that mixed in the batter. Pretty yummy, but I didn't put enough in... gee, darn, guess I'll have to do another batch How do you do fritters with the spaghetti squash? Do you blend it or use it in the string form?

Oh, shoot, Shiobhan. I thought I was on my journal and just answered everyone on yours! Hmm! See what the thought of shopping for clothes does to me!!

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    I would hate to encourage you to do anything that would cause a migraine! Yikes. Although I hope you can enjoy some yumminess.

I use the spaghetti squash in string form - just add eggs, a little coconut flour, seasonings of choice, fry in fat of choice. Could be blended for sure, might make a better presentation.

I have been thinking the tikka masala sauce would be good with meatballs - maybe lamb meatballs. But I have to eat down some of the food I have here before I get any other ideas.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

"I'm trying, Hank. I'm trying." - Siobhan

Hey Pam, thanks for upping my posting count! I can get those books - our interlibrary loan program is terrific. All the universities are in it, so that really makes the variety, quality, and quantity of books very high. I just got some OOP theology texts from 80 years ago! Whew!

Well, just made my choir debut! It went beautifully, i.e. I didn't do anything stupid, like walk down the wrong aisle, sing when no one else was singing, cough, choke, or fall asleep. Although how I managed to work a 12-hr shift, come home, eat, shower, and hie off to church for an hour's practice and then the service is beyond me. Now that I think of it, I know how I did it. Primal, that's how. I never had this much energy before.

Anyway, I'm off to get some sleep now that it is noon!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

This has been a hungry day. I had steak, mushrooms, and beets for breakfast, then ate two chicken sausages before lunch and sleep. Slept a little and woke up with a powerful hunger. Two more chicken sausages and then...and then...put some heavy cream, stevia, and raspberries in a container and shook it really hard...oh dear...it was so good....thick raspberry cream with chunks of raspberries...now a cup of really strong tea with cream...it's too much, really. No one should be this happy!

Just asked my landlord about fixing the woodstove, which apparently needed some work before I used it. He came right over and fixed it up. It is a really, really nice stove, a Morso. The day is coming when I will be happy to be able to light a fire and warm up the place, especially in the morning. I asked him if I could purchase firewood from him, and he said, "Of course not. You can just take whatever you need. I have plenty of wood." What a nice landlord I have!

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Wow he is nice! Of course I know what it's like from his perspective too, we have an apartment above the garage that we rent out too, we have a great tenant who feeds the cat when we're away and is quiet and neat and punctual with the rent, so we try to treat her well too. Makes for a happy relationship.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

I try to be a good tenant - I am used to owning my own home and at first it was kind a come-down to be renting. But now I see the positive side. I enjoy being free, not tied down with mortgage and taxes and constant maintenance. Although I am sure I will want to take on those things again someday! And I have been on the other side - I owned a rental unit at one time and HATED being a landlady. It seemed like if I was nice, I got taken advantage of. I just couldn't be mean. And I was always worried about my property and what might be happening to it...unfortunately with good reason. The person who seemed so responsible and clean left after spilling an entire gallon of paint on the brand new carpet...another set the kitchen on fire...yikes. But my other two landlords here in Maine, while nice enough were, shall we say a bit too easygoing! In BOTH places the roof fell in, and when I called to tell them there was a hole in house and the elements were pouring in, they were very unconcerned. One told me, "I'm on a ski vacation, I'll call somebody when I get back next week." Can you believe that? I said, "It's 4 degrees outside, I am standing in the living room looking at the sky, there is snow and debris everywhere. I'm calling somebody NOW!!!" Glad those days are gone!

Once again slept like a rock, woke briefly to see the stars through the skylights. Getting a bit repetitive in reporting my sleep quality, aren't I? I'm developing a habit that maybe not so good. At Trader Joe's I bought some heavy whipping cream which for some reason is more delicious than any cream I have ever had. Actually, I don't normally like cream all that much. There are no weird ingredients, so I don't know why I like it so much. I am brewing a large cup of very strong tea, adding a generous dollop of cream and stevia. The thought of this beverage is making me jump out of bed like I am shot from a cannon. But I will run out of cream, and it is over an hour to TJs. Also fed the cats the last can of Tuna for Cats, which they bolted down like starving ferals. Hmmm. What is TJs doing to their food that we become addicted immediately? They're not putting it on the labels! (That is a joke.)

Made a dreamy concoction of roast beef, egg, goat cheese, and wild mushroom. Sort of a hash. Served it to myself over a bed of leafy greens. Heaven.