Page 107 of 521 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 5207

Thread: Primal Journal - Siobhan page 107

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Just ordered three bras in a smaller size. It has become quite obvious to me that my bras are all too big and are not doing their job. Cup size is the same but circumference not so much. I am going to do more culling from my closet - lots of bras can go, either to the trash or the thrift shop. Actually, I don't know if they accept bras, but I think I remember seeing them.

Now I can't wait for them to arrive. Why did I wait so long? Also ordered a pair of cargo pants yesterday, looking forward to having some pants that fit.

Anybody else have this experience? When I was fatter, I wore baggy clothes because it was impossible to find anything that fit, and I hated showing flab. Just felt sloppy all the time. Now that I am trimmer, I like wearing clothes that are a little baggy because in some weird way it makes me feel younger and thinner. Can't really explain it. I think I relate tight clothes to being old and frumpy and fat, like those people, usually women, you see walking around with skin-tight stretch pants and visible panty lines. Okay, this is probably just inexplicable.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Having a huge roasting party. Eggplant, brussels sprouts, spaghetti squash and seeds, artichoke. I wonder how long it will take me to consume all these veg? Probably not long! I forget sometimes that this is all I eat! No cereal, no bread, etc. What seems like a huge pile of roasted eggplant actually isn't all that much in terms of calories.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

I have learned some things.

1. Eggplant roasted with olive oil and a bit of salt is utterly delicious.

2. When I drink better quality wine, I drink a lot less. I am happy with a sip now and then instead of a glug every minute or so.

3. Seeds of Change Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce is the best I have ever tasted anywhere. Much better than any homemade from scratch at a fraction of the cost. It contains dairy - heavy cream, sugar (evaporated cane juice), and surprise! sunflower oil. All these things organic. I will be keeping a jar of this in my cabinet all of the time.

I have pre-ordered the new Kindle Fire tablet. Could not help myself.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Siobhan, I had to laugh at your description of the baggy clothes! While I am certainly not at the point of being slim and wearing baggy clothes nonetheless (and with a whole different set of emotions) I used to do the same .... lol! I will have to try the eggplant in olive oil - never really know how to cook it so just don't get it. THe few times I have tried it it really wasn't nice ... mushy or bitter or... Somebody mentioned eggplant chips and that sounded interesting. Not sure if you do them raw or first cook and then dehydrate ... maybe I will try that soon. Your roasted veg sounds good. How do you prepare it? I should try it ... always trying to figure out new ways of doing veggies...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Eggplant can be very bitter and nasty. I cut it up, peel it, and sprinkle it generously with salt. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes - you will see it starts to sweat. Then give it a quick rinse and drain - you don't want all that salt in your final product. This removes the bitter flavor. Toss it with olive oil, spread it on a baking sheet, roast it for maybe 30 minutes at 400 degrees. You can eat it just as it comes out of the oven, or you can mash it up and make it into something else, like baba ganoush, or fritters, as I did this morning - mix with egg, a bit of coconut flour, and any seasonings you like, fry. This morning I put in some curry seasoning. I would think they would dehydrate nicely, but I have no experience with that process. I would slice it, maybe leave the peel on, salt it as I described but instead of roasting put into the dehydrator. Actually I have been meaning to try to do this in my oven - I understand it takes quite a while.

Reading this over, it looks like a lot of work, but it isn't. It is pretty easy to do it while you are doing other things, or when you have the oven on for something else.

Pretty much any vegetable often gets this treatment in my house - clean it up, toss it with olive oil and salt, place on a baking sheet and roast at 400 for 20-40 minutes depending on the veg. Things like brussels sprouts and beets normally get a 10-20 minute boil first unless they are very small. And I like to do big batches - like when I come home from the grocery or the farmers market with a load of things. This ensures that everything will be eaten and not languish on the countertop until it goes bad. Although everything tastes best right from the oven, it also keeps very well, can be added to other stuff, heats up nicely. Obviously very portable.

This morning I had bacon and the afore-mentioned eggplant fritters. For some reason Paleotrack is telling me they contain legume and grain! They definitely contain neither. Maybe it reads the word 'flour' even in a custom food and thinks it is grain.

If you have a lot of tomatoes that need to be used and you don't feel like making sauce or canning, just roast them. They will keep for at least two weeks and are great for salads.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 09-10-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Ran into a surgeon I know from work at the grocery store. I always thought he looked quite geeky in his do-rag and scrubs, but he looks pretty hot in $200 jeans and a tight t-shirt with a little stubble and messy hair. Wonder what the x-ray guy looks like in jeans and...no, don't go there!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    You know he looks great, especially if it is JUST jeans.

When I met my Honey he was just out of the Marine Corps, still doing pushups and situps every day, with a perfect V-shaped torso, and deliciously firm shoulders. Golden tan from a vacation. Shirtless, in jeans, he could make you swoon. That's the image of him I keep in my head. Nice brain candy.

That's the problem I KNOW he does. Did I mention he has slim, athletic build? And he mentioned running track in high school (which wasn't that long ago...geez). Working tonight...I hate this...must eat CW in order to not feel so damn young and frisky...

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Love reading about your roasted vegetables. Think I'll roast a bunch today. Sounds so yummy!

Imagine if rotten vegetables aren't good for us, rotten flowers and their water aren't either.

Hey, are your trees starting to change yet. I used to live in Vermont and New Hampshire. Trees are changing here. Waiting for the first real frost. Hmm! Might be a bit, I suppose.

Great to see you looking a everything with new thinner eyes:-)