Thread: gal bladder issues page

Solarris is offline Junior Member

gal bladder issues

Primal Fuel
    Last summer I had switched to a primal diet and was doing really good. I had lost about 20 pounds and had more energy than I've had in years. Unfortunately I had a gal bladder attack and after having a test run was informed that I have gal stones. My doctor wanted me to immediately have my gal bladder removed but after doing research and reading about the affects of having bile dripping constantly into your intestines I decided not to have it done. During this time I also fell off the wagon. I was warned that eating fat can trigger an attack so I reverted back to my old ways of eating. I am now back to primal eating and loving it again but am also nervous about my gal bladder. Has anyone else had this issue and have any advice?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    There are a few great threads about this already that you may want to search for.

I don't have stones, but I do have a poorly functioning gallbladder. I was having regular painful attacks before primal and was really worried that primal would make it worse. They are much less frequent if I stay primal. Fried food (crappy oils) and too much junk food will trigger problems for me.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

sn75 is offline Junior Member
    Start drinking Bragg's apple cider vinegar (in water) regularly and see if that helps. ACV (cucumber and other foods) are good for your gallbladder ; ) I drink two 8 oz glasses of water with 2 TBSP ACV mixed in it (along with my normal 80+ oz water) everyday. My parents/grandparents swear by its body cleansing (including gallbladder health) ability.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarris View Post
    Last summer I had switched to a primal diet and was doing really good. I had lost about 20 pounds and had more energy than I've had in years. Unfortunately I had a gal bladder attack and after having a test run was informed that I have gal stones. My doctor wanted me to immediately have my gal bladder removed but after doing research and reading about the affects of having bile dripping constantly into your intestines I decided not to have it done. During this time I also fell off the wagon. I was warned that eating fat can trigger an attack so I reverted back to my old ways of eating. I am now back to primal eating and loving it again but am also nervous about my gal bladder. Has anyone else had this issue and have any advice?
    Yep, I hear this. I was Primal from late July 2011 to Early November, had a severe gallbladder attack and was told to change my diet to avoid fats, ect. I had gallstones, they considered taking my gallbladder out, but ultimately didn't. I had lost 50+ pounds by that point and after I got out of the hospital, I tried to eat their way for a few weeks but felt like complete shit.

So I went back to Primal and I haven't had a problem since. I recommend keeping the Primal course and dealing with the issues as they come.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!