Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: constipation? page 2

lebowski is offline Junior Member

I started PB a day before you, and have no problems with being regular yet. I've been eating a lot of BAS with spinach being the primary leafy green and snack on carrot sticks, nuts (walnuts and almonds) and blueberries during the day. Seems to have worked fine so far.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

The only time I have problems is when I eat nuts (think adobe bricks). If you aren't bloated or uncomfortable I would not worry (for now).

ChrisJ is offline Member

@Primalchild Any good sources to read up on dietary fibre? I've read arguments either way on this one, but nothing particularly reliable or well researched.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

Ah yes, I had an 'effect' when I had a lot of coconut oil! I had forgotten that.

Lord Giakoumis Guest

@Chris

google butyric acid and you will find some interesting reads.I read a pretty one a couple days before and I think I got the link from here

shastagirl Guest

wenever i have a bowel problem (which isnt often anymore thank goodness, i used to have IBS) i eat an overripe mango, drink some full fat coconut milk and drink water like its going out of style, then go for a nice long slightly strenuous hike to get "things moving". worked like a charm. and if all else fails for some reason a trip through a grocery store got me every time. its still a running joke for my husband wen i have a problem "need me to take you for a walk through the grocery store?" lol

MmmFat is offline Senior Member

Hi all, Iím new here (starting my second week of primal eating and loving it), and Iíve been having a similar problem as the original poster.

Iíve seen Ďtoo much coconut oilí mentioned a few times in the forums as having a certain effect, so I have to ask Ė how much is too much?

Iím new to coconut oil, and since it is amazing, I thought I overdid it a few times, but apparently not. Iíve had probably up to 3 tablespoons at a time before I cut myself off as Iím still getting used to fat as a good thing.

Also, can anyone recommend any herbal teas that might *gently* help things along?

Thanks for any input.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -- Virginia Woolf

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

MmmFat, the major coconut oil... evacuation... happened after I used it to make a cocoa bark. I'd say it was probably four or five tablespoons eaten more or less on its own, chilled. Just some nice saturated fat to... grease things up. I don't know if there's any science to it, but I've found that the thicker fats just make things... go easier.

JamieRose is offline Member

@ Mmmfat- I've heard that mint tea is good for that. Not sure where I read that, but hey, it's good either way.

Athena is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Yerba Mate tea is great for digestion. I havent had any problems with regularity since I started drinking it. Its a good replacement for coffee too, doesnt make you feel jittery but really awake. Love the taste too!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast