Page 75 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little Bit of R & R page 75

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Cracking up at the age group competitions! Wait 'til we're all in our 80s. Oh gosh, she lifted a dessert spoon - and the winner is...
    J you and I will be driving fast cars and creamin that youthful group.
    In fact once i get the hang of driving on the WRONG side of the road - it will be all on , girl !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I love you Goldie, ..... Can i join you with my zimmerframe, and we could joint win that race - like together !!!!!!
    Heh, I don't plan on ever needing a zimmer frame! They might have to put training wheels on my motorcycle, though...

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    J you and I will be driving fast cars and creamin that youthful group.
    In fact once i get the hang of driving on the WRONG side of the road - it will be all on , girl !!!!!
    I lived in the UK for seven years, I've mastered driving on any side of the road! All I need now is a Ferrari!

Oh, and, er... sorry for hijacking your journal, R&R...

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Cracking up at the age group competitions! Wait 'til we're all in our 80s. Oh gosh, she lifted a dessert spoon - and the winner is...
    The army PT test for anyone over 36: you're here? Are you still breathing? You passed.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Thats better than being fed by slingsot....
    ... I'm not even sure whut that means!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Oh, and, er... sorry for hijacking your journal, R&R...

Perfectly acceptable! In fact, I drove an Oldsmobile (before my brother and my ex totaled it (once each! And still going! Really until I enlisted...) and could beat any car on the road (in my home city) that wasn't built for racing. I even beat the friend who got me into street racing (with a tiny dodge with a V6) TWICE. He was pissed. The only race I lost was interrupted because some asshole cut me off. He drove some Toyota/Honda and actually was the one to initiate! Then someone got in front of me and ended it. Not bad for an old lady's car! Mine now is manual, and I haven't perfected accelerating for speed yet. It's also rather heavy in relation to a 4c. Probably for the best as it's also a soft top!

Oh yeah, my best friend in Korea is leaving tomorrow morning. Tonight was her going away, so we opened the second bottle I bought on my birthday. This is your MDA drunk warning!

Budget paleo: not crab cakes

IMG_2219.jpg

I just used this recipe here but with canned wild salmon instead of pricey crab. I was bloody lovely. When making it, I though 0_0 a whole teaspoon of lemon peel?? But trust me (and Mark or whoever actually made the recipe); it's correct. Luckily, every time I buy a lemon, I freeze the zest if I'm not immediately using it. Budget rule number 36, never waste anything.

Now, the important stuff. Can you taste/feel the bones and skin? No, and yes? The first time I felt bone, I thought it was just crispy edges. So yes, but not really.

It was really good though.

My mom used to make a canned salmon casserole as a quick dinner when I was a kid (this was before the days of fast food when dinosaurs roamed the Earth...) My brother and I would fight over who got to eat the crunchy bones. That's the best part!

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Canned salmon is its own thing imo, I sometimes eat it by preference over fresh, knowing that the bones are doing me good as rich in calcium. I find the skin a bit too slimey and 'icky' and pick that off. Kudos on the recipe hack!
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Page 75 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast