Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little Bit of R & R page 74

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellodee View Post
    Totally should have known that hah. (both parents are air force vets)
    Good for them! (both for serving and picking a SMRTer service! I'm super jealous every time I visit the air base.)

Quote Originally Posted by Neeleh View Post
    I think your sophistication maybe inspiring and emboldening me; made my first casserole (of my life!!!) yesterday

Aha you are a super swimmer, again awe and respect. 'Brunette superwoman' lol. What's your pool like? Can you use it for personal leisure? Any wild swimming nearby?

Fitness only ever really works when you find the thing that you are great and that you love. I could prob use some military style training to push myself to move fast. And in different ways. Like a personal trainer or one of those military fitness groups. You dont find them round here, New Age Central - everyone is too loved up, mellow and relaxed and few are body conscious in that way.
    Oh noes a casserole! Hehe casserole where I'm from means lots of canned food + wheat + bread crumbs on top + lots of Disgusting Sauce. I bet yours was far better!

Well, I should state that while I had three records (plus took part in at least one, maybe two relay records) at my school, we didn't have a pool and instead swam at a sort of local retirement home. Their pool was 5 meters too short and didn't have start platforms lol. Sooooo we as a whole weren't very good. I'm still proud of it though, considering. Our pool here is actually pretty nice, dive platforms, good lighting, a hot tub, and a sauna. When it's open!

I would be super suspicious of and sort of military style training. They tend to do it poorly and loudly, which is a surefire way to break people in my experience. Now a big dog and good music? That I can get behind. Best sprint workouts I've ever had have been chasing puppies. X33

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Before the last olympics I read an article on Michael Phelps, and it mentioned his diet, which was something stupid like 10,000 calories a day and not what your average dietician would recommend....

I envy you're swimming, even with one shoulder, and it's something it seems you enjoy which makes it easier, I can swim and enjoy it when I do, but it's fair to say not me strong point....
    I believe it. When I swam I think my diet your standard Midwestern diet PLUS French fries and Disgusting Sauce of the cheezy type, spaghetti and a double portion of meat sauce, and copious amounts of peanut butter jelly sammiches.

And I bet I could fix that, or at least help. I'm a sinker (or neutral buoyancy more technically, though I can sit on the bottom of a pool while still holding some breath) myself, and I do fine while in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hello u two,
    Thrilled to hear you are into swimming RR
    I have a niece who won a silver and bronze at the last commonwealth games, and swam in the olympics, but didn't do so well.
    Competitive swimmers eat SHIT loads !!!!!!!
    I swam a lot as a kid, but not since, i so need to get back into it !!!!!!
    In fact the olderI get the more chance of winning something !!!!!!! In my age group !!!!!!!! LOLOL
    Any place in the Olympics is still the Olympics! THAT'S AWESOME! What a thing to have participated in!!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    I believe it. When I swam I think my diet your standard Midwestern diet PLUS French fries and Disgusting Sauce of the cheezy type, spaghetti and a double portion of meat sauce, and copious amounts of peanut butter jelly sammiches.
    That sounds about right, MP's had much the same just with bagels and a dose of fried eggs chucked in....

And I bet I could fix that, or at least help. I'm a sinker (or neutral buoyancy more technically, though I can sit on the bottom of a pool while still holding some breath) myself, and I do fine while in motion.
    I'm a floater (that sounds wrong!), but I'm fairly stumpy of limb and quite stocky so I tend plough through, you could say I be more tugboat than speedboat!!

Any place in the Olympics is still the Olympics! THAT'S AWESOME! What a thing to have participated in!!
    I is in full agreement with that, I felt chuffed to bits to be able to go and watch it when it was in London, to have taken part would have been something else!

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    In fact the olderI get the more chance of winning something !!!!!!! In my age group !!!!!!!! LOLOL
    ROFL G! One of my coaches was encouraging me to compete in a local Olympic Weightlifting event. She said I'd win for sure... I'd be the ONLY one in my age group.

Not much of a win with no competition...

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    ROFL G! One of my coaches was encouraging me to compete in a local Olympic Weightlifting event. She said I'd win for sure... I'd be the ONLY one in my age group.

but every win would be a PR!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cracking up at the age group competitions! Wait 'til we're all in our 80s. Oh gosh, she lifted a dessert spoon - and the winner is...
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Cracking up at the age group competitions! Wait 'til we're all in our 80s. Oh gosh, she lifted a dessert spoon - and the winner is...
    Thats better than being fed by slingsot....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    but every win would be a PR!
    Lol....and you get the announcer giving it 'lifting next, unbeaten since....'

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Lol, I'll be happy with few reps with a soup spoon if I makes it to me 80's, don't wants to over do it....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

I love you Goldie, ..... Can i join you with my zimmerframe, and we could joint win that race - like together !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast