Page 73 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little Bit of R & R page 73

Nellodee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've been enjoying Hypster for music streaming. It technically streams videos, but you can browse people's playlists and add stuff to your own. They also have a radio feature. No commercials yet.
    Totally checking this out later tonight!

Never heard of 8 tracks either. It's nice to discover cool new things
    token vegetarian

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    We may have a minor problem child (we'll sort him out; I'm working on it), but I love this shift. WE DID POOL PT YEEEEEEEE. Meaning I will have tons of energy and eat all the things. Actually, I'm running out of food (yet again), so when I got to work and saw COOKIES and thought they actually looked face stuffable, I knew the apple and peanut butter I had after PT (in addition to the breakfast of RS bread, eggs, and avocado (and Sauws!)!) wasn't enough. My solution; there's couple half quarts of ice cream left over from the brownie day. So good in dark dark coffee. No guilt.

Yup, a couple tablespoons of plain vanilla after swimming? Especially on a vaugely low carb day. Meh. I'll deal with any scales tomorrow. Considering this:

1SG at my weigh in last week: Yeah, I see this all the time with soldiers coming off of nights.
    Me: Well 1SG, I was at my lowest in a long time last March (on night shift), and I always gain coming back to days (remember those eight pounds?).
    1SG: Oh really?
    My scale this morning, after brownies, whiskey, my birthday weekend, and the first week on nights: 154.9 (5.1 pounds back down, below my new shorter height's max weight of 156 and my weight a week ago of 157).
    Me: Lol.

So, food today

BREAKFAST
    2 hard boiled eggs
    RS (oat + nut + psyllium) bread
    1/2 avocado

POST PT
    small apple
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    coffee with 2-3 tablespoons vanilla ice cream

LUNCH
    8 oz ribeye leftover from my birthday
    mixed salad greens
    1/2 avocado
    basil dressing (tweaked from the last time: mayo, ACV, salt, pepper, tiny grating of garlic, shitton of basil)

DINNER
    chicken soup made similarly to the other day (8 ounces poached chicken and 8 ounces potatoes with asperagus and peas)

Stress stuff
    SWIMMING

Oh yeah, about that. I did one extremely lazy, slow, very VERY careful lap of butterfly. My shoulder hurt, but less that when doing injury PT (facepalm). Now, it feels meh, a little pain, which is pretty usual, but so much looser. I'm fairly happy with this. Doesn't mean I'll be doing that often, at least until I get the slap tear fixed, but it's hopeful. Maybe after the army stops messing with me, it'll heal up enough, which I'll take at this point.

So workouts that are good for me: mobility, yoga, swimming, walking/hiking, bike/sprint intervals. This is what I should work my plans around.

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Glad you got some pool time and have your workouts planned. Butterfly you must be some swimmer! Maybe the time in the water will be healing for the shoulder, I guess it depends which sets of muscles you are using.

Nice selection of fitness activities ie they completely correlate to mine (except sprinting- I will only run for chocolate and, er, just chocolate). I'm guessing you are pleased with the weight loss - there is sometimes no rhyme or reason to it. Today's meals sound tasty and varied; I read with awe and wonderment at your cooking skills. (as usual!)
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Oh yeah, about that. I did one extremely lazy, slow, very VERY careful lap of butterfly. My shoulder hurt, but less that when doing injury PT (facepalm). Now, it feels meh, a little pain, which is pretty usual, but so much looser. I'm fairly happy with this. Doesn't mean I'll be doing that often, at least until I get the slap tear fixed, but it's hopeful. Maybe after the army stops messing with me, it'll heal up enough, which I'll take at this point.

So workouts that are good for me: mobility, yoga, swimming, walking/hiking, bike/sprint intervals. This is what I should work my plans around.
    Why facepalm to injury physical therapy? That stuff is seriously good to do, unless maybe the Army is doing it wrong? Looser is very good!
    token vegetarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nellodee View Post
    Why facepalm to injury physical therapy? That stuff is seriously good to do, unless maybe the Army is doing it wrong? Looser is very good!
    Oh, I should have specified: PT = physical trainging/work out, not physical therapy! OOPS. We have a section for us broken folks (there are a lot of us) where we all get together and work out with sergeants with absolutely no training on how to deal with or rehabilitate injuries. It's not very well done, and I hate going.

The physical therapist is wonderful, but we've exhausted everything he can do for me until I get this slap tear taken care of (surgury most likely ;_; )

Quote Originally Posted by Neeleh View Post
    Glad you got some pool time and have your workouts planned. Butterfly you must be some swimmer! Maybe the time in the water will be healing for the shoulder, I guess it depends which sets of muscles you are using.

Nice selection of fitness activities ie they completely correlate to mine (except sprinting- I will only run for chocolate and, er, just chocolate). I'm guessing you are pleased with the weight loss - there is sometimes no rhyme or reason to it. Today's meals sound tasty and varied; I read with awe and wonderment at your cooking skills. (as usual!)
    I absolutely loath sprinting for any kind of workout. Usually if I'm running fast it's after shiny objects... But sprinting and intervals love me, and are incredibly good for my energy levels and such. It's a far second best to swimming though. I really just don't need to be doing anything on land lol. The water is where I am most comfortable and functional.

When I was in high school I started swimming competatively, and I swam the 200 IM, got a break during diving, swam the 500 free, got another break, 100 fly, short break, and then either did 50 meters of a relay a couple events before the IM or 100 meters of a relay at the very end. Every meet. It was awesome, and I was way fitter than ever before while somehow surviving on what is apparently the diet of all great swimmers; junk food. If I could do that primally, I'd look like a brunette superwoman. I'll probably never swim competatively again, but I'd really like to get to do it regularly.

Yay, I'm glad my super lazy cooking is impressive to somebody! I was worried maybe work just thought it looked gross.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Oh, I should have specified: PT = physical trainging/work out, not physical therapy! OOPS. We have a section for us broken folks (there are a lot of us) where we all get together and work out with sergeants with absolutely no training on how to deal with or rehabilitate injuries. It's not very well done, and I hate going.

The physical therapist is wonderful, but we've exhausted everything he can do for me until I get this slap tear taken care of (surgury most likely ;_; )
    Totally should have known that hah. (both parents are air force vets)
    token vegetarian

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Yay, I'm glad my super lazy cooking is impressive to somebody!
    I think your sophistication maybe inspiring and emboldening me; made my first casserole (of my life!!!) yesterday

Aha you are a super swimmer, again awe and respect. 'Brunette superwoman' lol. What's your pool like? Can you use it for personal leisure? Any wild swimming nearby?

Fitness only ever really works when you find the thing that you are great and that you love. I could prob use some military style training to push myself to move fast. And in different ways. Like a personal trainer or one of those military fitness groups. You dont find them round here, New Age Central - everyone is too loved up, mellow and relaxed and few are body conscious in that way.
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    the diet of all great swimmers; junk food.
    Before the last olympics I read an article on Michael Phelps, and it mentioned his diet, which was something stupid like 10,000 calories a day and not what your average dietician would recommend....

I envy you're swimming, even with one shoulder, and it's something it seems you enjoy which makes it easier, I can swim and enjoy it when I do, but it's fair to say not me strong point....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Before the last olympics I read an article on Michael Phelps, and it mentioned his diet, which was something stupid like 10,000 calories a day and not what your average dietician would recommend....i

I envy you're swimming, even with one shoulder, and it's something it seems you enjoy which makes it easier, I can swim and enjoy it when I do, but it's fair to say not me strong point....
    Hello u two,
    Thrilled to hear you are into swimming RR
    I have a niece who won a silver and bronze at the last commonwealth games, and swam in the olympics, but didn't do so well.
    Competitive swimmers eat SHIT loads !!!!!!!
    I swam a lot as a kid, but not since, i so need to get back into it !!!!!!
    In fact the olderI get the more chance of winning something !!!!!!! In my age group !!!!!!!! LOLOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 73 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast