Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: A Little Bit of R & R page 2

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pt test = passed. Another 6 months to fight for my soul.

Ho-ly-crap-guys. Even though it's probably the first thing I'll say to anyone, it still manages to amaze me how much the body is affected by simple calories and starvation. Over break, I upped my calories to 2000 a day, or as close as I could get at least, and I've been trying to keep it around there ever since. I expected to gain weight at the expense of higher energy, but the opposite happened. I finally quit making excuses and get out and do things, mostly just walking, and put up with everyone's weird comments (in the army it is absurd to do anything low impact or that doesn't break a sweat in twenty minutes or less and then hold it there for ninety minutes). But fuck them, because it's working. I am losing body fat at an average of 1924 calories a day. And I feel great. I'm down to 158 which was my basic training weight. Doing stuff somewhat akin to basic training a la move around a lot, get smoked occasionally, and eat a lot of food.

Just because I like numbers, and in case I stumble and want to see what worked:
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1382839832.677800.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1382839846.143638.jpg
    Most of it is accurate, sodium is probably a little higher or lower maybe because who knows how much a "dash" is and I supplement emergen-c. I also am supping a multi, a D, K, calcium, and magnesium blend, occasional extra magnesium if "stuff" still feels stiff, and a couple immune supporting sups like oregano oil, uva ursi, and berberine.

Yipes that looks like a lot. I'm hoping that once I'm through with the last three, I won't need the fourth, and I'll be down to the multi, D and co, and occasional electrolytes.

Food wise, what I said in the staples thread is actually really accurate:
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    CALORIC STAPLES
    Eggs
    Fish (whatever is cheap and sustainable, tilapia and wild salmon are frequent)
    Beef (usually in a roast or braise)
    Dairy (butter, cheese, yogurt)

SUPPLEMENTARY STAPLES (things that I frequently use but in smaller quantities or caloric significance)
    Olive oil, coconut oil, tallow
    Rosemary, thyme, peppers/chiles, cumin
    Garlic and onions
    Tomatoes (canned, fresh, dried)
    Coconut milk (in tea, coffee, and occasionally recipes)
    Cider vinegar
    Green leafy things (salad, spinach, greens)
    Citrus (lemons most often, limes in the summer, oranges in the winter)
    Tea and wine
    I've been doing a little yogurt daily, getting carbs from sweet root veg, fruits, and having the occasional deviation like rice with curry every couple weeks, primal treats like chocolate and coconut flour pumpkin bread, and some hard liquor on the weekends. Yup, I can keep doing this.
    Last edited by RittenRemedy; 11-28-2013 at 06:31 AM.

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1383230322.790183.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1383230336.104795.jpg
    TH3 D4Y OF GLUTTONY H4S F1N4LLY COM3 TO 4N 3ND. HOP3FULLY TH3Y DON'T TRY TO W31GH US TOMORROW. PROB4BLY GO1NG TO F4ST TOMORROW TO B4L4NC3 OUT TH3 NUMMY FOOD, 1C3 CR34M, 4ND JON3S SOD4S. (OMG SOD4 DO3S TH4T M4K3 M3 4 COOL K1D NOW? D13S*)

Anyone who gets this gets 413 points.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I only get it because of Tumblr, never got into Homestuck. You look awesome though!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I only get it because of Tumblr, never got into Homestuck. You look awesome though!
    Thanks >;D

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Mmmm stew

My husband wants to know where you're stationed & what you do since I mentioned I have an MDA friend in Korea. He was at Camp Casey, field artillery.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Weighed for my PT test way passed thirty days ago yesterday. 157.8. Tap and Track says my BMI is normal. Now if only my BM can get normal.

I jumped the gun and ate an avocado. Hnnnnng. Bloat city. Time for a nap.

I think I may have fell in love with Gordon Ramsey's Home Cooking when his second episode was completely wheat free and he didn't even try. Shh don't tell Jamie.

Gonna have a totally lazy day because fuck all it's my first day off since October 29.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Gonna have a totally lazy day because fuck all it's my first day off since October 29.
    Yikes. Enjoy the day off. I hope it is a good one.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Day three off the great starch reintroduction/experiment.

UUUUUUUUNGGGGHHHHH.......

Oh you cruel, cruel primal gods. I need a nap and it's not even lunchtime...

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast