Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After 3 months primal, I all of a sudden felt like eating crap again page

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member

After 3 months primal, I all of a sudden felt like eating crap again

Primal Fuel
    I've been 3 months on a primal diet. I didn't exercise any more at all, but still lost 18 pounds. Pretty amazing IMO.

Yesterday though, I all of a sudden felt tired of eating eggs, meat, etc. and felt like eating junk food again.

So I went out to the coffee shop and ate a NICE BIG donut. I also bought some junk food at the store, such as a frozen pizza and a little candy.

After one or two days, I plan on going back to the primal diet.

What do you think? Everybody has to eat crap every now and then, right? If not, what's the fun? I'm thinking about dedicating 1-2 days to crap food eating every 1-2 months, according to my wishes. Do you think that's okay?

Nady is offline Senior Member
    No, everybody does not have to eat crap every now and then. If you want this to be a lifestyle, you need to let go of the CW definition of 'food'.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Well, what do YOU think? If it makes you feel good and doesn't bring you any problems afterwards then go for it, go back to primal afterwards.

JHen is offline Member
    Nothing wrong with eating to be happy, just don't let it derail you.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    If I eat any junk food at all my weight loss stalls and I feel terrible for days. At Christmas I let myself eat some junk and it took me about 2 weeks to recover. I am gluten intolerant so that could explain part of it, but I don't agree that everyone has to eat crap every now and then. I'd rather not eat junk at all. Even though it may taste good, it's not worth it. But if that's what you want to do, and you don't have a bad reaction, then that's your choice.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Do what you want to. If you like the occasional indulgence and it doesn't cause you any problems then have at it. Nobody gets diabetes or heart disease from eating a donut every once in a while in the context of an otherwise healthy diet, you get sick from eating excessive amounts of that shit every day for years on end.It was my birthday recently and I celebrated with cake, ice cream, pizza, and some delicious ale. I had a bit of a hangover the next day, but I'm still alive and healthy and enjoyed myself on a special occasion.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Nelle is offline Senior Member
    I ate a box of cookies on Sunday and found that Monday was very difficult because I craved that sugar. I got through it but still wanted junk. Tuesday I got a bag of candy, ate half of it then took it out to the big garbage. It was the only way to stop myself! I feel MUCH better today, not even craving the stash of dark chocolate I keep to nibble on. (my cravings are not agitated by dark chocolate that have only 4 REAL ingredients. Candy bars are a black hole though!) So if you choose to have your junk food, go for it but remember that you will feel like crap and may have trouble getting back on the bridge you just drove off of. It's best not to beat yourself up and give up (it's not a cheat, it's a choice) but just pick up the pieces and resume life as normal.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Why eat crap like donuts when you could have something that's actually really good. Like a real pizza from an Italian restaurant that uses a brick oven or a chocolate mousse made with real eggs. If you're gonna splurge, make it truly decadent and delicious.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Jaradel is offline Senior Member
    It's fine if you can limit it to one donut once in a while, but if one donut once in a while becomes 3 donuts a week which becomes a donut a day which becomes a junk food frenzy, then at least be honest with yourself and cut it out completely. As always, YMMV.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What's all this "everything in moderation" stuff lately? Life's not fun if we don't have donuts??

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast