Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E tu coffee? Some are saying coffee does the same as gluten page

Muppet is offline Senior Member

Unhappy E tu coffee? Some are saying coffee does the same as gluten

Primal Fuel
    I read this morning and wanted to cry
    Gluten Issues or Celiac? Don’t Drink Coffee!

I will pay someone to debunk this. Please with coffee on top!!

Roach is offline Senior Member
    I feel awesome after a cup of coffee. I feel like garbage after eating wheat.

Study debunked.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Its true, i have massive reactions after coffee sometimes..its a no no if you are truly gluten sensitive..i just watched a neurologists video series on this the other day actually

onalark is offline Senior Member
    My understanding is that when your body's been jacked for so long, it can cross react with just about anything. Given time and healing, and strict adherence, it may stop doing so.

Does coffee make you feel like crap? Are you diagnosed with celiac disease? Do you have a serious autoimmune condition? Then drop it for 30 days, reintroduce, and see what happens. You may get headaches, but you will not die from being without coffee for a month, I promise. I dropped all sorts of stuff back in December, reintroduced, and found out that with the exception of alcohol, not much interferes with my day-to-day. I've also been paleo for over a year. I also note that Robb Frickin' Wolf, Mister "I was going to have my bowel resectioned at 27 until I found paleo", drinks coffee prolifically. So in my book, it's a case-by-case basis.

I feel great after my cup of half-caff. I like the taste, I like the ritual, I am not giving it up anytime soon.

Final note: Health Home Economist is run by a WAPF board member. WAPF has a history of being against coffee and chocolate. Keep that in mind when reading her or Cheeseslave's site.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Following this with interest!

iamshazza is offline Junior Member
    I can't quit my BFF, coffee. It never makes me feel bad. Actually my Aunt was talking about a study just a week or so ago that said drinking up to 3 cups of coffee per day was good for...something I can't remember! I'll have to ask her again.
    "It's not a hill it's a mountain as we start out the climb..."

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I see no peer-reviewed research on coffee and gluten reactivity. I tracked the blog you linked back to a doctor who claims it's "internal laboratory research" but does not reveal any of the science, what tests were used, what the proteins are, or anything else. He then links to a specific lab testing company as the place to get tested for this sensitivity. All that pushes my scam buttons. There's no information that I can find on this on any of the celiac association websites or in any good medical/scientific journals, so it seems quite questionable to me.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

dboxing is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    I read this morning and wanted to cry
    Gluten Issues or Celiac? Don’t Drink Coffee!

I will pay someone to debunk this. Please with coffee on top!!
    Dr. David Clark DC, a functional neurologist and endocrinologist - "DC" - that debunks it.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I see no peer-reviewed research on coffee and gluten reactivity. I tracked the blog you linked back to a doctor who claims it's "internal laboratory research" but does not reveal any of the science, what tests were used, what the proteins are, or anything else. He then links to a specific lab testing company as the place to get tested for this sensitivity. All that pushes my scam buttons. There's no information that I can find on this on any of the celiac association websites or in any good medical/scientific journals, so it seems quite questionable to me.
    Good work Owly.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    HOORAY! I love my coffee. I am glad I don't have to even consider that it could be similar to gluten!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast