Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 100% Grass-fed burgers at Costco! page 2

Ouis is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Dragonmama! I'm in Santa Rosa too! Headin' to costco now--I also noticed that Trader Joes is now carrying 1lb packages of organic grassfed hamburger!

Fury22 is offline Senior Member

Does anybody know is Sam's Club carries this??? The closest Costco is about 3 hours away or so (Charleston, SC -- only about 1.5 hrs but with traffic and navigating Charleston and Moncks Corner it comes out to about 3 or so).

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Ouis: Cool! If you stick around here for a while, maybe you and I could have a lunch date at the Costco food court. You know, one of those "Hot dog and all the soda pop you can drink" deals. (Just kidding!)

I can't tell from your name if you're a guy or a gal. If you're a guy, this is a warning: I'm already married.

I didn't know that TJs had grass-fed beef! Gotta look next time.

Mr. M: Yes, the burgers are frozen and pre-cooked. Just need to reheat on the grill or oven. That may not sound great but at Costco they prepared them in a little toaster oven, and they were really juicy and tasty.

shastagirl Guest

im from far nor cal, im hoping the costco here is stocking them since we are in the same state, and in the same generalish area. i went to tj's to buy their grassfed beef but ours was very very very overpriced. 1 small steak was 15 dollars!

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member

@DarthFriendly

I just had the SAME thing happen at a restaurant in my town. They were basically bragging about on their menus: "100% corn fed beef!"

I thought that was pretty funny - then I saw the prices. $30 for a steak... Haha, see ya.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member

I'll have to check these out at our costco! After watching Food Inc, I'm a little wary of premade burgers...but maybe these are OK. Most of our meat comes from a local ranch...but I need to keep some easy to thaw/prep stuff on hand b/c, well, life happens and sometimes I forget to put in our CSA order or take a big hunk of meat out to defrost.

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

None in Socal... bummer

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I was having a brain-fart during my last post. I put the burgers in the freezer, but they were not frozen at Costco.

smitzma is offline Junior Member

YMMV, I have gone to Costco in Cali and have seen some great stuff that I wish was over here in NY. Seeing that Cali stores always get things first, it might be a while before those burgers hit the east coast

Ouis is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

dragonmamma, lol! I am a woman, so no worries!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast