Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat burning vs. Fat storing? page 2

ChristinaP Guest

Primal Fuel

This past month even though I have really amped up my weight bearing exercises i.e. squats, lunges, chest presses, I still lost two pounds. I weigh 126 now and eat between 1600-1800 calories a day.

Conan Guest

I think this is another one of those questions about prioritizing goals. Is your goal to improve your CrossFit performance or is your goal to lose weight? If it's the latter, then you might have to accept a bit of a drop in performance. The folks at my CrossFit gym that qualified for nationals are carrying a bit of extra body fat - probably in the 12-15% body fat range (male), and 16-20% (female). They tell me that when they cut their body fat, their performance degrades.

So you have to ask yourself would you rather be a firebreather with a sub 5 minute Fran or look good in a bikini. There are some people that can do both, but they are probably more of the exception than the rule.

Suz Guest

Conan - thanks for that insight. I'm not sure what it is... a month ago I was feeling extremely energetic and was doing awesome on my work outs while having energy throughout the day for work and errands. This was when I was doing Zone (but had very little fat incorporated into my diet).

Then, I went on a 2 week vacation and upon my return learned about PB which is what I've been adjusting to this past week and a half. I'm going to give it another week or two to monitor my energy levels but thanks again for everyone's insight.

Oh, and my personal goal is to just live a healthy, energetic life so that I can enjoy it!! And, I'd love to lose a few extra pounds but am in no rush. Just trying to figure out what will work in the long term.

Conan Guest

In terms of general health you are better off on a low carb, high fat diet.

Suz Guest

PrimalCon New York

Yep, I definitely feel way more sated with more fats and protein!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12