Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there a tennis player? page 3

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Thomas, I usually eat fruits immediately after the match (bananas, apples and or oranges). This seems to work.
    I think quality (bioavailability) is more important than quantity. I sip a lot of water during play as well.
    Few but ripe.

thomas.dri is offline Junior Member

Smile

I drink 2 liters or more too in my longest matches!!!!
    is it enough for you to take 2 or 3 fruit to replenish glicogen store for the next day match?
    thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    Hi Thomas, I usually eat fruits immediately after the match (bananas, apples and or oranges). This seems to work.
    I think quality (bioavailability) is more important than quantity. I sip a lot of water during play as well.

jturk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas.dri View Post
    I drink 2 liters or more too in my longest matches!!!!
    is it enough for you to take 2 or 3 fruit to replenish glicogen store for the next day match?
    thanks a lot
    Hey Thomas - I'm a tennis player too and played tournaments for many years. If you've had a long match and want to make sure glycogen stores are up for the next day, I'd eat some sweet potatoes or other starchy root vegetable the night before. I agree with some fruit right after the match (I've developed a fondness for watermelon with a little salt on it after a match as a gatorade substitute

festerday night i played till midnight (and won ;-) )and then ate 2 bananas and a apple with ten g of bcaa today i feel quite well even if i slept non the 8 normal for me hour...this evening i have to play a tough match at 1730...we will see.....
    thanks

with starchy root vegetable what do u mean? it is quite difficult to find here (in italy) sweet potatoes...

with starchy root vegetable what do u mean? it is quite difficult to find here (in italy) sweet potatoes...
    Beets, parsnips, turnips, yams, rutabagas. Even just plain old white potatoes or white rice would be fine in this scenario, imo.

Ok i'll try like this!!! But what is the difference between sweet and plain potato? From a primal point of view i mean.....

Ok i'll try like this!!! But what is the difference between sweet and plain potato? From a primal point of view i mean.....
    Sweet potatoes are nutrient dense and contain a lot of starch

Plain (white) potatoes are nutrient poor and contain a lot of starch

As long as your getting plenty of nutrients elsewhere in your diet, the nutrient scarcity of a plain potato isn't much of an issue. And if you're an active athlete, you needn't worry about the starch in either making you fat.

gigadeleo is offline Junior Member
    Avid recreational tennis player from Malta here I play 2-3 times a week. Since switching to primal, I've really started noticing an improvement in endurance and fatigue / lucidity management

Grok on!

Flomeier1980 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys,

Cool to see to see there are some paleo tennis players around here! I am actually a coach and run an instructional website Online Tennis Instruction - Learn How To Play Your Best Tennis, Free Tennis Tips And Tennis Videos! for anybody interested.

Paleo has certainly changed my life and I have tons more energy etc. ... I coach some high level tennis players that train 4 hours every day. I am wondering if anybody here has any experience with an intense training program like that on a paleo diet ?

Personally I don't compete anymore and only play a little Tennis here and there so I can't really try it out myself and I am still hesitant to recommend it to them.

Djokovic is gluten-free but I don't know if he is paleo. Anybody here know that ?

Cheers

Florian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast